[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you can go back to when you first started liftin what would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 32543.png (279 KB, 497x390) Image search: [Google]
32543.png
279 KB, 497x390
if you can go back to when you first started liftin what would the one single advice be you would give yourself??

For me it would be about missing the anabolic window. if only i would drink the shakes immediately after the workout during the window i would have progressed so much faster.
>>
1) Don't stop the powerlifting movements.
3) Swim as often as possible to stay lean.
2) Never touch the peanut butter.
>>
Don't listen to your dad. You can get bigger and it won't hurt your ability to surf and play tennis. You're going to quit tennis at the end of high school anyway.

Invest in Apple stock and Tesla stock.
>>
>go back one month
>take more before photos
>analyse results better in the future
>>
dont quit when getting a gf
>>
Go to /fit/ and read the fucking sticky
>>
>>36729276
Every one of that dudes are roiding, Do not search magical tricks when you get to their strenght but not nearly half the size. Do squats, deadlift and bench and get those numbers up with 5x5 progression.
>>
anabolic window is a meme m8
>>
Be vegan! :v
>>
>>36729276
Don't be a faggot
>>
Optimise your form from the very beginning, and also don't let gym get in the way of uni assignments.
>>
>>36729494
>never touch the peanut butter

Why?
>>
>>36730380

I smeared it on my dick and let my dog lick it off. One day he actually chomped it off.
>>
>>36729276
>dont listen to /fit/
>roid sooner
>lifting heavy is pointless
>>
File: 1414628191764.gif (2 MB, 350x266) Image search: [Google]
1414628191764.gif
2 MB, 350x266
>>36730399
>>
These threads are stupid. Youre all pretty stupid too sometimes.
>I REGRET SOMETHING I DID FOR A FEW MONTHS MY GAINS ARE NOW NEVER GOING TO BE PERFECT AND OPTIMAL FUCKKKKKKKK

it doesnt matter! Just keep working out for years,YEARS!, to come and no fucking mistake makes a difference to your progress.

So you ate 20% less protein for a year than you think you should.

>oh man my 5 pullup max coulda maybe been 6 rep max!!!
>my 275 squat could have been 278, if only!!!

Who knows? Why do you care so much. Regardless youre still doing 6 pullups now anyway.

stop whining.
>>
Thats easy. I would fix my flaring of the elbows when benching. Fucked up my shoulder. Its been almost a year. When I hurt myself I was almost to 300 on bench. Ive barely made it back to 225 last week.
>>
>>36730408
>lifting heavy is pointless
Maybe if you're on roids
>>
>>36730517
It's kind of helpful for others so they don't make the same mistakes. Obviously everything has to be taken with a grain of salt.
>>
>go to the doctor m8, u got cancer
>>
>>36729276
>anabolic window
>>
>roids gonna shrink your testicles and never have a good erection again
>>
>dont lift for girls
>lift for the glory of the mighty roman empire
>>
>full body workouts
>2 exercises per bodypart
>6x10
>dont be a weightlifter, full motion>weight
>>
>dont fall for the jew powder, it`s crap, it`s a scam, it`s a waste of money
>>
>>36729276
1) Switch it up every week or every other week
2) Keep the workout 60 minutes or less
3) Cardio after workout or like piana do it in the morning
>>
>>36730517
These threads are so noobs don't make the same mistakes we did, you fucking autist.
>>
1) Squeeze the fuck out of the bar on OHP and bench to recruit your arm muscles and have better control.
2) Big breath and tight core on every exercise to protect against back injuries.
3) Maintain neutral spine. Balance the weight over mid foot on squat.

These things would have saved me from a lot of painful injuries and slow progress...
>>
>>36732262
>>roids gonna shrink your testicles and never have a good erection again

what is hcg

My erections have never been better. Im on blast and cruise tho. I bet if I stopped id have some shitty flop dink shit going on.
>>
Watch YouTube vids by Johnny Candito and Alan Thrall sooner.
>>
>>36732622
Except there's a lot of troll posts in the thread. Noobs can't distinguish between the trolls and the real advice because they both sound realistic so you're really only confusing them further.
>>
>>36729276
>the anabolic window

* * * * * * * * * * RETARD ALERT * * * * * * * * * *

>>
Learn proper form instead of agonizing over which fucking routine to follow. You'll make gains on any of them as long as you're lifting heavy on a reasonable progression.
>>
>>36732792
he's obviously new to this shit kek
>>
>>36732849
or he's just trying to fuck with noobs
>>
>>36729276
>>36732879
same person.

stay mad retard.
>>
>>36729276
Don't be stupid and lift with shit form, get a gym buddy, or at least bug a strong guy for help.

>tfw torn shoulder labrum
>>
>>36732967
Fuck, me too.

Tackled some monster in rugby and labrum tore.

Tired of sire shoulder
>>
>>36731031
Hahahahahah
>>
>>36730380
My kryptonite
>>
>>36729276
If we're being serious, I'd tell myself to read the fuck out of SS immediately. I had serious fuckarounditis in the gym for a couple of years before rippletoad set me on the path to gains and lifting with proper technique.

>Tfw known as the guy to watch/use as an example because even if I'm not the strongest "he always does everything right"
>Tfw slowly progressing through the ranks
>Tfw I will one day be the strongest with bomb ass form

Thank you glorious rippletits
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.