[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Vegan/ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6
File: STRONGEST+MAN+in+the+World.jpg (41 KB, 589x239) Image search: [Google]
STRONGEST+MAN+in+the+World.jpg
41 KB, 589x239
I would like to know why, on a board titled 'Fitness' which also correlates with health, would BAN me for ''''''trolling''''' because I posted statistical facts, studies, and Doctors that all agree meat is a cancerous substance that pollutes the environment, your body, and your health. Mods. Please tell me.

Mean while. Threads of naked mens assholes are posted throughout the day and they aren't deleted, and threads about 'having no gf' don't get deleted. But when an ACTUAL health and fitness threads, with facts to BACK UP my claims gets posted, it's removed, and I'm punished for it.

Where are the priorities at on this board? FFS

Pollutants found in meat:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18410965

Red meat is cancerous
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/statements/2015/processed-meat-cancer/en/

Meat consumption, higher risk of diabetes
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24862312?&report=abstract

Dr. Kim A. Williams, the president-elect of the American College of Cardiology advice on diet
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/advice-from-a-vegan-cardiologist/
STOP RUNNING FROM THE FACTS. ACCEPT THE REALITY. THIS IS THE MORE VALID AN RELEVANT THREAD ON /FIT/ RIGHT NOW. DEAL WITH IT
>>
File: W0wdS.jpg (38 KB, 497x550) Image search: [Google]
W0wdS.jpg
38 KB, 497x550
Are bullets vegan?

Consider eating one.
>>
>>36727778

Because vegikucking is a may may, and you're trying too hard to force something that wiII never happen. The majority is, and aIways wiII be meat eating carnivore humans.

You'II accept that.

>Saged, repoted
>>
Alright OP, here's your chance to convert somebody.

I'm going to start a garden very soon, and I'm not sure what to plant. I would prefer to have fruit instead, but fruit grows on trees and those take many many years.

What are some things that I can plant soon that will not taste like ass and keep me as healthy as someone who eats meat?
>>
>>36727943
0 x 3 = 0
Meat didn't help you much
>>
>>36727778
>/Vegan/ General

This is /fit/ and you're spamming shit that has nothing to do with fitness or working out.

You're a huge fucking faggot.
>>
vegans pls go and stay go
>>
>>36727994
>that reading comprehension
>>
>>36727778
>a board titled 'Fitness' which also correlates with health

Wrong faggot, it's fitness and fitness only. You're trying to force something on a board, and your shit is not relative to the board. You're a fuck up and it won't work. Period.
>>
>>36727778
>titled 'Fitness' which also correlates with health
Wrong. It used to be health & fitness, but not anymore. Take your vegan cuck threads to /ck/
>>
how to bulk as a vegan ?
>>
dont respond to the 'muh meat' faggots

how to go vegan? what to mainly eat? How to get protein requirements?
>>
Come on OP, here's your vegan thread. Ignore everyone shitposting and educate us, why don't you.

>>36728053
>>36728053
>>36728053
This this this. Your pic makes fun of people who ask about protein, yet doesn't explain how to get protein.
>>
>>36728052
>>36728053
Roid or don't even try.
>>
Meat causes problems for many people because they are factory farmed and don't eat their natural diet.

Buy meat that is grass fed and raised in a sustainable environment.
>>
>Vegan
>Having anything to do with health or fitness

Pick one
>>
>>36727778
Because you don't make vegans threads to talk about health. You make these fucking threads to bait dumbos. You might as well call it /Shitposting/ general, because that's all the happens in vegan threads.
>>
>>36727973
Kale, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, green peppers too start
>>
>>36727778
>tfw I only eat locally produced meats and dairy products
>tfw people trying to make me feel bad about it
>>
>>36728000
>spamming

You mean one every couple of days I make a thread, with facts, links, and studies to back up my points? That is spamming to you?

>>36728018
>This is fitness, and fitness only
Remind me again how mens assholes, along with 'yfw no gf' has anything to do with fitness?

>>36728053
Well. Here's an example of my breakfest
A fruit and veggie shake
1 Cup of blueberries
1 Cup of cherries
2 Cups of Kale
1 Cup of Spinach
and 1/3 Cups of ground flaxseed
Along with 1 and 1/3 cup of Oatmeal, and a small handful of walnuts

For lunch I make a large brown rice and bean bowl with veggies, such as broccoli, carrots, peas, and corn, and I'll have 3 bananas with that to make it a 1000 calorie meal.

And for Dinner tonight I will be eating whole wheat pasta with chickpeas, tomato sauce, and a side bowl of veggies and fruits

>>36728085
>Vegan
>Having anything to do with health or fitness
Being Vegan increases your performance in the gym, along with your health, which directly effects how strong and how motivated you are for the gym
>>
>>36728075

Grass-fed meat and conventional meat are the same food
>>
>>36728172
>You mean

What is meant is what was typed, read it again if you're retarded.

>Remind me again how mens assholes, along with 'yfw no gf' has anything to do with fitness?

Nothing, which is why they get deIeted.

>Being Vegan increases your performance in the gym

IoI no it doesn't yo're just desperatateIy reaching because you're Iooking for attention Iike a pathetic faggot.

Doing coke gives a boost in work outs but there's no thread for Coke, because it's NOT fitness you stupid faggot.

Your threads are shit, Iike your diet and your Iife.

>Saged, repoted
>>
>>36727778
Hey OP, evolutionary neuroscientist here. Let me help you get some mental peace, and put this all to bed.

>1. Eating meat is part of what we are, but not everything
It's simple, we have important metabolic pathways devoted solely to meat, we have teeth that are made to consume meat, we absolutely require an assortment of proteins in our diet that come mostly (but not exclusively) from meat. There is no remote denying it: eating meat is part of being human.

If it wasn't, we wouldn't have all these qualities. Even if you consider eating meat "a relic of the past", there are plenty of other "relics from our past" that we still need, and denying ourselves those things can hurt us.

Do we NEED to eat meat? Obviously not, we're well-equipped to survive without it. Does that mean we should go without it? Fuck no, that is up to each and every individual human.

>2. Why do meats tend to have a bad effect on our health?
This is something that doesn't apply to humans worldwide, but mostly in the Western world. It's extremely, extremely, extremely simple. We have metabolic pathways devoted to meat, but no metabolic pathways for the various compounds that are in our WESTERN meat.

The way most animals are raised on farms, the types of food they eat (which often contain pollutants themselves, artificial nutrients, can be GMOs (of which we still don't know the full effects), pesticides, preservatives, etc.), the way the meat is processed (additives, anti-bacterial agents, etc.) and the way we eat it (cooking, boiling, frying, BBQing, etc.) and the things we add (trans-fat, shitty sauces, etc.) contributes to meat generally being unhealthy in our society.
>>
>>36728260
>N-no y-y-you're wrong!!

- The Post
>>
>>36727778
>>36728287

>3. You aren't going to prove anything with individual articles.
I'll keep this one short. You're not going to make much of a case trying to prove to a board of diverse people, from diverse cultures, with diverse diets and routines, with diverse ethnicities, diverse EVERYTHING, with publications of limited studies conducted on limited populations with a specific type of meat consumption.

Nevermind the entire West, nevermind the entire human race.

OP, I strongly suggest you start here: http://bcs.whfreeman.com/lehninger6e/#t_824263__

This will teach you some scientific methods involved in human biochemistry studies, as well as the basic principles of metabolism in all manner of creatures, and of course mammals.
>>
>>36728308
>Butt hurt OP gets B T F O'd and accepts it: the post

>>36728287

Butt hurt OP won't accept this B T F O though, too much truth in it. Great opst to shut OP down!
>>
>>36728287

You don't sound like an evolutionary neuroscientist. How are our teeth made to consume meat? Do you mean our tiny canines that barely protrude past our flat grinding teeth and are smaller than even those in herbivorous animals? We require protein, so therefore we've been created by God to eat meat? What the fuck. I'm not OP either

>We have metabolic pathways devoted to meat, but no metabolic pathways for the various compounds that are in our WESTERN meat.

What do you make of the fact that animal fat, whether it comes from America, China, or Antarctica, is a major contributor to coronary heart disease? That has nothing to do with GMOs, cooking, or BBQ sauce.
>>
>>36728319
>>36728287
>Using logic on a vegan
It's nice to see someone trying, but it'll be futile in the end.
>>
>>36725957

>The first Iine
lt was a forced may may in 2 0 1 5 and it's just a joke now.

>tfw steak for dinner tonight and just had burgers for Iunch at 9 % body fat

A bunch of us do this and we're fine/superior to vegifagging kucks and have been for miIIions of years.
>>
>>36728357
>Do you mean

OP why do you keep posting this? You keep trying to re word what peopIe are saying after they make you Iook stupid.

How desperate are you?
>>
>>36727778

>Meat is full of pollutants and is cancerous

>Posts image of a man so loaded on steroids he can barely wipe his ass
>>
>>36728172
and how to I meet my protein req. then? With what food mainly?

and please dont say protein powder
>>
>>36728260
why are you using capital "i" for lowercase "L" in your post?
>>
>>36728016
>thinking you can quantify the amount of animals not eaten
>implying it's not 0 as a substitute value
>>
>>36728346
You didn't BTFO anyone but yourself

>no links
>no studies
>no doctors to back up your claims

Literally, just "N-no y-y-you're wrong" - The Post

But keep replying. I'm enjoying watching you struggle :)
>>
I thought this was /vegan/ general

meatlovers please make your own thread
>>
>>36728442
>"N-no y-y-you're wrong" - The Post

You posted this bad joke already and no one laughed the first time. Getting desperate in your shit fest OP?
>>
File: o-HUMAN-URINE-TEETH-facebook[1].jpg (228 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
o-HUMAN-URINE-TEETH-facebook[1].jpg
228 KB, 1536x1024
>>36728389

Already said I'm not OP. I'm just trying to understand what he was referring to when he said "we have teeth that are made to consume meat." Our teeth are shit for that. Fire and knives make things much easier.
>>
>>36728411
What is your protein req? I get 100g on protein, which is plenty.

The whole "1g of protein/1.5g of protein per body weight" is a meme and a myth and has absolutely no facts or studies to back it up. While the 0.5g of protein per bodyweight has studies behind it.

Hell, even big named bodybuilders, powerlifters and athletes follow the 0.5g per bodyweight.
>>
>>36728357
>We require protein, so therefore we've been created by God to eat meat?

Biggest strawman I've ever fucking seen, holy fucking shit. What a load of fucking bullshit this sentence is. Jesus fucking christ.

We don't "require protein", we require a specific set of PROTEINS as building blocks for our survival. They're found everywhere in nature in lesser and greater amounts, but the ones WE need are most abundant and readily available in meat.

No we haven't been created to eat meat, we have innate qualities supplied by our genetic structures that let us take advantage of a type of food that contains a wealth of essential building blocks, bigger than anything else in nature. Are we made to eat meat? Yes. Do we need to eat it? No.

Strawmanning retards like you piss me the fuck off.
>>
>>36728469
Again, no links, no studies.

And this time you're desperately trying to divert the topic away with "N-no one l-laughed the first time!!!"

Keep struggling kid. We're all watching and enjoying it :)
>>
>>36728478
I try to eat about 1.5g per kg of lean mass

which is about 130g

but I logged my vegan day and I got about 50g from a whole day of eating, how do I get it up?
>>
>>36728493
>building blocks
please stop using this phrase this screams "i don't actually know what proteins do"
>>
>>36728542
Lentils my nigga. 100g has 27g of protein. I'm not even vegan and love that stuff. Much easier to stuff in your mouth than chicken all day.
>>
>>36728542
Oats, Brown Rice, Beans, Chick Peas, Lentils, Almonds and Seeds are high in protein.

Veggies are a good protein source too. Just one cup of green peas has 8g of protein. Eat two cups and you've got an easy 16g of protein on the side.

Figure out your macros and add more of these into your diet.
>>
>>36728493

>Biggest strawman I've ever fucking seen

Well don't say dumb shit then

>We don't "require protein", we require a specific set of PROTEINS as building blocks for our survival. They're found everywhere in nature in lesser and greater amounts, but the ones WE need are most abundant and readily available in meat.

You mean specific amino acids

The dietary requirement for protein to maintain nitrogen balance is around 50g for men, less for women. For a wild human to meet protein and individual amino acid requirements eating their natural diet high in wild greens would be unavoidable. You're reasoning that because meat also contains protein, and in large amounts, that we're built to eat meat. That's a stupid thing to say. Why not say a rabbit is built to eat meat since it requires amino acids that meat happens to have?
>>
>>36728554
Seriously, stop posting absolute nonsense like this. What the fuck is your game, to fuck with gains by posting bullshit and trying to discredit anyone and everyone who points out your lies?

Fuck off.
>>
>>36728542

> I logged my vegan day and I got about 50g from a whole day of eating

The fuck. Were you only eating fruit?
>>
>>36728612
What are you talking about? I'm not vegan
I'm just saying that you very obviously don't know what proteins do in the body because you're calling them "building blocks" which is a gross simplification and generalization
>>
>>36728498
>"N-no one l-laughed the first time!!!"

>Still trying to stuttering gag that no one is laughing at

Everyone has B T F O'd you here, you're a mess OP.
>>
File: 1126.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1126.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>>36728649
And once again
No links
No studies
No doctors

Literally, literally, LITERALLY, just "N-no y-y-you're wrong" - The Post
>>
>>36728677
>Thinking the more he posts it, the better the chance someone will laugh at it
>He's the only one posting a may may guy laughing

You've completely fallen apart, samefagging your thread OP. Are you this pathetic when getting B T F O'd in real life?

>The answer is yes
>>
enjoy your never seeing page one again
>>
>>36727778
What the fuck is this doing on /fit/
GET THIS SHIT OFF MY BOARD, FAGGOT.
You dont get enough attention in life talking about vegetarian shot, you got to shitpost on /fit/
>>
>>36728696
Is this the third or fourth time you've tried to side step the argument? Oh well. We're all enjoying watching you fall further and further into that rabbit hole.

But anyways
>no links
>no studies
>no doctors

Literally, literally, LITERALLY, just "N-no y-y-you're wrong" - The Post

:)
>>
>>36727778
If you eat a pound of bacon every day or eat fried chicken all the time it may give you cancer, but if you eat a balanced diet you probably aren't going to die from cancer at a young age. Other wise you'd see tons of people getting cancer in there 30s and 40s, because becasue the vast majority of people eat meat. Maybe eating meat will give you problems when you're in your 70s and 80s and onwards but who gives a fuck so will breathing air, drinking water, and the pesticides that they put on fruits and vegetables
>>
>>36728609
>The dietary requirement for protein to maintain nitrogen balance is around 50g for men, less for women.

Please, stop posting, you really don't know your shit. Nitrogen balance is one of tens of thousands of factors involved in human metabolism. Human bodies need to keep EVERYTHING "in balance" for us to survive, it's called homeostasis.

>You mean specific amino acids

No, I mean proteins. We don't eat individual amino acids, we eat the various compounds that are made of them and our body breaks down those compounds. We need a selection of THOSE compounds, out of which, yes, we extract amino-acids that our bodies can't produce themselves.

>You're reasoning that because meat also contains protein, and in large amounts, that we're built to eat meat.

Again, ANOTHER strawman. What is it with you? Meat contains a selection OF THE SPECIFIC PROTEINS WE NEED, and large amounts OF THEM. Hell, there's beans with like 25g of protein/100g but munching on them won't give you the proteins you need.

Very simply put, there are very few foods in nature that provide such a wide spectrum of essential nutrients as much as meat does. The fact that it DOES, in combination with the fact that we have very well-developed metabolic pathways and consumption methods for meat, makes it undeniable that we have a genetic makeup specifically TAILORED TO BUT NOT DEPENDENT ON, let me repeat that so you can't fucking strawman again, TAILORED TO BUT NOT DEPENDENT ON, the consumption of meat.

Also, the fact that we can even metabolize meat means that we're built for it, otherwise we wouldn't be able to metabolize it the way we do.
>>
>>36728624
yes

what do you suggest then
>>
>>36728647
You're the one who's grossly simplifying and generalizing what I said.

I never said proteins are the building blocks for our bodies, I said that we require a specific set of proteins as building blocks, not proteins in general.
>>
>>36728755

>>36728597 and >>36728602
>>
>>36728733
>Posting this 5 time in a desperate attempt at making anyone laugh
>No one laughs

And this is the life of those who get B T F O'd daily. If you thought this was going to go somewhere, too bad OP you got rekt.
>>
>>36728751

>Meat contains a selection OF THE SPECIFIC PROTEINS WE NEED, and large amounts OF THEM

So do plants. There's no reason to think that, because meat also has them, that we're designed to get these amino acids from meat. Especially when you consider the variety of wild plants most animals, including ancient humans eat, getting hung up on specific amino acids doesn't make for a strong point.

>Hell, there's beans with like 25g of protein/100g but munching on them won't give you the proteins you need.

What beans would those be?

>Also, the fact that we can even metabolize meat means that we're built for it, otherwise we wouldn't be able to metabolize it the way we do.

Also a stupid thing to say. Blood is sprayed on cattle feed to supplement them with iron and B12. Are they carnivores too because they can metabolize the nutrients in the blood?
>>
>>36728765
But building block is a retarded phrase.
Proteins aren't building blocks they're like the kid stacking the blocks together.
>>
>>36728755

Beans, whole grains, lentils, veggies. Fruit is just a snack.
>>
File: Patrik_Baboumian_für_PETA.jpg (285 KB, 595x838) Image search: [Google]
Patrik_Baboumian_für_PETA.jpg
285 KB, 595x838
>>36727778
>roiding for this
>hasn't won anything since becoming vegan
>>
>>36728861
>UgIy shit skin Iiar wins nothing
>Vegikucks get nowhere, everyone drops the routine and eats meat again in 2016

Imao
>>
>>36728861
except for a world record in yolk walk and log press.

But, ya know. Keep on shit posting. If it makes you feel any better about being wrong.
>>
>>36728880
why are you using capital "i" for lowercase "L" in your post?
>>
>>36728798
>Still avoiding the argument
>Still not posting any links
>Still not posting any studies
>Still not posting any doctors to back up your original claims
>Still embarrassing yourself
>Still trying to make up for your embarrassment but repeating the same shit over and over again

Yikes. This is what defeat looks like kiddies. Soak in this patheticness, and use this anon as an example - Never pick a fight with someone smarter than you.
>>
File: EEF9jcl.gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
EEF9jcl.gif
2 MB, 425x481
>tfw plant-based for the health benefits... yet still work in an abattoir
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.