[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does intermittent fasting really work?Or is it just another meme.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Does intermittent fasting really work?Or is it just another meme.
>>
Follows the same calories in/calories out template as all other diets.

Having done IF for around 2.5 months now and having lost 8kg/18(?)lbs i'd say you'd get used to it and don't really waste time eating food 3-5 times per day.
Also it tastes better and you feel like you're in heaven after "starving" for the whole day.
>>
It's easier to eat on a cut this way and you get used to it really fast. Dunno if it helps with fat loss though.
>>
>>36725909
I'm doing it for 2 weeks now and I lost 2-3 kgs I think.I don't starve or feel hungry though.A salad in 12 keeps me fed all day long.I just eat some snacks at evening to not to feel hungry next day.
>>
>>36726006

That's most likely water weight (unless fatasfatass) lost, but salads are the best to keep your stomach full and control cal intake
>>
>>36726061
I'm 82 172 cm.How much do I need to lose in a week to get /fit/.
>>
>>36726096

I'm also a 171cm ascended ottermode manlet (used to lift for 5 years, past 2 years been focusing on swimming and moderate lifting).
I started out as 76kg , 2 months in i'm 67kg. I swim around 2-3 times per week for 2 hours non-stop with gear (fins/hand paddles), i burn an estimate 1000-1200kcals every swimming session.
On rest days i eat 1200kcals, on cardio (swimming) days i can afford to eat around 2000kcals.

I can not say how much weight you should be losing weekly, i haven't looked at my scales for the whole cut duration until i got home (no scales at my place) and i was pleasantly surprised at the amount lost.

Just keep sticking to your cutting routine and look in the mirror and not on the scales.
>>
>>36726187
Thank you very much anon I've been thinking of swimming to just couldn't find a nice and cheap place to do it.
>>
I dropped an extra lb a week when I was doing IF. I would keep doing it if it wasn't such a pain to skip breakfast and lunch.
>>
It works in that some people find it easier to eat at a caloric deficit if they only eat one or two meals a day

Beyond that, idk seems like broscience
>>
>>36725838
its simply much more comfortable to control yourself becouse you focus much more on the time when you are eating not how much you are eating

so when you are cutting, you got a feeling durning those 6 hours that you are full and you dont have to fight with your thought to eat something all the time
>>
ITT people are wrong
Helps increase ratio of fat loss and spare lbm
Body secretes more gh
Lose more fat with alpha receptors that if normal cut
I like research ama
Protip works great with ec stack
>>
>>36726261
There's actually a pretty substantial amount of studies recently regarding intermittent fasting or calorie restriction. Most involve lab animals but a few have been on pretty large populations of people. I'm not about to go look through my history to find them and I'm not really trying to convince you of anything (I'm not so convinced by studies, for reasons I don't want to explain at the moment), but it's not "broscience" in the sense that the real scientists are looking into it.

Love y'all
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.