[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else curl in the squat rack when noone's looking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: 5.jpg (54 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
54 KB, 600x449
Does anyone else curl in the squat rack when noone's looking?
>>
No! Never! Do! That!
>>
>>36724231

Why even do curls it's a meme excercise. Your biceps will work themselves with OHP, bench, DL, and pullups. Curls is just stupid unless you want your arms to look fucking retarded.
>>
>>36724604
lol
>>
>>36724231
Why the fuck is he using a bar that isn't even long enough to rest on the safety rails?
>>
>>36725728
don't fucking worry about it
>>
>>36724604
2/10
>>
File: 1460305681924.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1460305681924.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>36724604
>>
>>36724604
i like this
>>
>at the gym today
>im on my own and came early so plenty of chill time
>been lifting for a year and never really curled
>try barbell curling for the first time
>feels fucking sweet man
>decide that i'm gonna do some lifts that actually help aesthetics for once
>light weight, high reps, get dat joocy pump
>do my normal routine and get new max for clean and press
>after i'm done with normal lifts i do some aesthetics
>wood chops, my old friend, why did I abandon you
>tricep push downs, where have you been all my life
>drop set the entire fucking rack for pushdowns
>wanna super set it with barbell curls
>the only barbell free is in the powercage
>stand in it
>grab the bar
>curl away like it aint nothing
I have committed one of the few sins of the gym.
And I must say, I can understand why people do it. You get a weird feeling of power when you lift in a cage, plus I had one of the best pumps I've ever had.
>>
I only do curls in the squat rack via home gym.

But I might cut it out until I get an Ez curl bar due to olympic bar putting incredibly pressure on my forearm where I snapped my arm in half. Fuck that would suck right as I'm getting swole
>>
>>36724231
>doing squats
>notice two lanklets are standing by
>ask me how many sets left
>"I just started bro"
>finish squats
>deload
>place bar on safety rails
>start doing rows
>they're still waiting
>start doing shrugs next
>finish
>"All yours bro"
>smirk and go the leg press machine

Doesn't really matter that they were lanklets, I would have done this to manlets or anyone that decides to wait around instead of working something else they were doing that day, fucking lazy entitled bastards.
>>
>>36725768
Whats the name of that show i forgot
>>
>>36727447
Saved by the Bell
>>
>>36724604

at one point I was sure the internet was making it easy to find good advice but now I don;t know what to fucking believe anymore
>>
>>36727348
>>decide that i'm gonna do some lifts that actually help aesthetics for once

bait exposes itself in one meme arrow
>>
>>36727495
Not b8.
I've been a failed powerlifting for a year now. Aside from shrugs and pullups, all my lifts were PL standards.
>>
>>36725520
>>36725751
>>36727309
>>36725768

Not even trolling, explain to me why you think curls are a necessary exercise?

Perhaps if you're a professional bodybuilder but otherwise it's pointless.
>>
>>36727517
Sorry friend, noones gonna bite
>>
File: 1425866553227.png (290 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1425866553227.png
290 KB, 680x680
here's a lack of gym etiquette story for ya:

>leg day
>always do squats first
>gym has two squat racks
>arrive at gym just in time to see faggot fuck face setting up one of the worst examples of gym selfishness i've ever seen
>faggot fuck face takes bar off of one squat rack, puts it on the others safety bars
>drags the ONLY adjustable incline bench over to the modified squat rack and lies it flat
>loads up with lmao1pl8 on both bars
>walks around gym for 20 minutes
>returns to contraption
>does 1x5 bench
>stands up, moves bench out of the way
>does 1x5 squat
>walks around for 5 more minutes
>repeats
>mfw he leaves without deconstructing retard contraption

ended up doing leg press instead because i'm beta as fuck. Also too scared to take a picture of him
>>
noob here, I get the curling meme, but can someone explain why curlbros feel compelled to curl in the squat rack? Is it just a global misunderstanding of what the squat rack is for, or is there some minor douchey benefit to being able to rack the weight there?
>>
>>36724604
This guy's right.
Why isolate one muscle when you can work an entire group with a more effective exercise?
Curls are fine if you're done with your workout and want to add a few more reps to your biceps, I guess. But as a continued part of your routine, they're just a waste of time.
>>
>home gym master race
I still can't bring myself to do it.
>>
>>36727517
1.75/10
>>
>>36728276
its called fun and convenience bro
>>
>>36728390
>these are the people giving you advice
>>
>>36728276
It's all about narcissism since squat racks usually have mirrors in front of them. What better feeling than seeing the pump rush through your arms while you're curling ?
>>
>>36725728
yeah, the only thing that really rustled me, too. I mean, I see why you'd curl in a squat rack, and if there is no one there, it's not inconsiderate (inb4 autism/memes) but if the bar is not long enough to hang on the cage, that's just retarded.
>>
>>36724231
Sometime i squat in the curl rack
>>
>>36728269
hahaha both a power cage and an incline bench? that must be a new record
>>
>>36728606
I actually squat at the bench rack. shit sucks
>>
File: badass.png (1 MB, 960x545) Image search: [Google]
badass.png
1 MB, 960x545
>>36724231
>sign up for gym
>snap fitness
>Rule "No curling in the squat racks and no stringers"
>Go late at night around 2am
>Nobody there
>I curl in the squat rack and wear a stringer
>tfw leaving gym

What's up with all these pussified gyms saying no to stringers now? Are people really that easily intimidated?
>>
>>36728487

Dude tell me why I'm wrong then because right now I don't do curls because I think they're fucking pointless. So if I don't know what I'm doing I want to know why it's wrong.
>>
>>36728706
>>36728706
There's nothing wrong with not doing curls but going "hurr Durr isolations are dum" makes you an autistic retard.
>>
>>36728706
Stop giving a fuck? Curls are fun to do, give a good pump and build your biceps up. Can pull ups do the job? Yes, can other exercises do the job? Yes

It's preference man. Sometimes people just want to isolate the bicep.
>>
>>36724604
tfw actually believed this, until i went 2 years lifting and had no biceps whatsoever
>>
>>36728752
>>36728749

So I'm right then curls are a meme excercise for building big ugly retarded looking biceps. I doubt most of you have good size forearms and good size triceps so you're going to look like a fucking retard walking around with big bulging biceps.
>>
>>36728773
Oh so you are just b8ing. Okay, carry on.
>>
>>36728820

How is that bait? Your arms are going to look dumb as fuck if you have big biceps and little triceps. Your biceps will develop proportionally just fine on their own if you're progressing the main 4.
>>
>>36728704
I guess it's a taste thing. I was working a bike show, and there were promoter chicks wearing what looked like panties and some mesh pantyhose, no pants or shit. I know it's a bike show, but it seemed underdressed for any public context.
I think the same mentality would apply to stringers in the gym. Yeah, it's a gym, and you're proud of your body and want to show it off, but it seems a little underdressed regardless. like save it for the beach; this isn't really the place for it.
But what do I know, I'm barely out of DYEL
>>
>>36728843
You are so fucking retarded. Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1458841044803.jpg (21 KB, 367x318) Image search: [Google]
1458841044803.jpg
21 KB, 367x318
>>36724604
>OHP works biceps
>>
>>36724604
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>36728889
>>36728917
>>36728932

Holy fuck are you guys trolling me right now?
>>
>>36728843
That's why you do
>weighted dips

No one is saying to just do curls you retarded cum sucker. Doing curls doesn't mean you're not doing other things to work the forearms and triceps, it means you're doing curls.

Your logic basically implies that curls take away from other exercises. And there's not many exercises that build both the triceps and biceps at the same time, if any.
>>
>>36728276
I do it when the gym is empty. That's where the barbells are. If I wanna do a barbell curl I'm gonna just do it right there, rather than move it to some arbitrary location because meme lifters say I should. I'm not gonna do it at peak hours if people need to squat, but I do it all the time on Saturday nights when it's empty.
>>
>>36728843
> you can't also train your triceps if you do curls
> you can't also do forearm training if you do curls

Fuck you're dumb, and I guarantee you're weak. I deadlift over 500, pendlay row 235 5x5, and have a weighted pull-up over 100 lbs. I still do some curls a couple times a week to train supination and keep my elbows feeling good.

Stop perpetuating this false dichotomy of curls vs. compound lifts. You can do both you faggot.
>>
>>36728269
>walk around for 20 minutes
doubt

Also, how else do you do bench with no spotter?
>>
>>36729618

Sure you do anon, sure you do
>>
>>36727440
>shrugs/rows in the squat rack

you are the entitled faggot there brah. Let the men squat in the power cage, stick to the leg press machine ;)
>>
>>36727447
Danger 5
>>
>>36728917
primary motor control on eccentric portion
>>
>>36724604
confirmed

Also you dont realy need biceps. Triceps is the bigger muscle and when your arms are just hanging lose all you see is the triceps.
>>
Saw someone curling on the bench the other day.
>perfect height to pick up the bar when racked
>can sit down between sets

Absolutely revolutionary
>>
>>36728269
fucking lol
>>
>>36724604
u just want all the bicep gains for your self

>>36724231
i curl in my squatrack
>>
>>36729102
how to work biceps
1: chin ups as the main compound movement
2: curls as the isolation
3: there is no three, but if you don't build biceps you can tear them when you deadlift with a mixed grip
>>
>>36724604
What if I want my arms to look retarded?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.