[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/MPB/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: bigguy.jpg (189 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
bigguy.jpg
189 KB, 500x348
So anyone on /fit/ is going stanza? i mean my hair is thinning since my father is bald but iv also been reading that supplements such as creatien or even whey isolate can accelerate shedding. anyone has a story or experience on this?
>>
>>36723109
Your maternal grandfather contributes most of your balding genes
>>
>>36723109
How the fuck is that guy even possible
>>
>>36724963
it is with proper nutrition and exercise
>>
>>36724986
His skeleton would be physically impossible
>>
>>36724986
hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>36723250
What about penis length
>>
>>36725015
That's determined on a case by case basis
>>
>>36724986
Yeah right
>>
File: WP_20160312_021[1].jpg (282 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160312_021[1].jpg
282 KB, 720x1280
>>36723109
Get on fin if you know what's good for you.

Picture is me, 24, doctor prevented me from going on it by fear mongering.

Just try fin, quit it if you get sides, if you don't it'll almost 100% retain your hair.
>>
>>36723109
i just shave my head man
>>
>>36725577
And this is who gives advice on /fit/
>>
>>36725000

Photoshop... Is this even a question?
>>
I've started balding at 20 and shaved my head at 22. Fuck it. Just shave that bullshit off mang.
>>
>>36723250
>grandfather in is late 60s
>still has a think head of hair albeit gray
those fucking indian genes man
>>
>>36724963
Adobenol and Photoshoponol
>>
>>36725577
>balding
>dyel
>glasses
What the fuck are you doing here, nu-male?
>>
>>36726028
What does that mean?

I quit lifting because of depression, haven't touched a weight in like 3 years, most of that depression is due to losing my girlfriend because of going bald.

So yeah, I look like ass now and probably did before but balding made it 10 times worse.
>>
>>36726886
I wasn't that dyel nor did I wear glasses before I basically stopped interacting with society, I was balding though yes.

There's no reason to wear contacts if you're inside 95% of your time, they're just a hassle.
>>
>>36726418
11/10 top kek
>>
>>36723250
>Your maternal grandfather contributes most of your balding genes
REEEEEEE
>>
Man hairlosstalk or whatever forums for balding people are depressing as fuck.

I genuinely feel bummed out after spending some time reading through some of the threads there.

Not sure if the people who frequent that place are either trolling or if they have some sort of mental disability because surely balding isn't that devastating to your life right?
>>
File: tumblr_lzrm301hcV1rpe32oo1_500.jpg (35 KB, 500x592) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzrm301hcV1rpe32oo1_500.jpg
35 KB, 500x592
>>36726886
>hating on glasses

but why, senpai?
>>
>>36723109
Just a really, really poorly made photoshop, fuck you
>>
>>36727969

Nanomachines, son.
>>
>>36726909
Means you shouldnt post on this board, mate
>>
>>36728152
Guarantee you like 80% of the people posting here are dyel as fuck, it was like that even when I still lifted.

Also you act as if balding is something I had control over.
>>
>>36728176
And we should weed dyel out of this place, starting with you!
>>
>>36724986
lold
>>
>>36728241
Alright then you memeing fuck.
>>
>>36728296
Bye bye nigga
Come back after youve graduated from a 3 plate squat
>>
>>36727733
>because surely balding isn't that devastating to your life right?

I don't think it has to be unless you let it. I've seen too many baldies walking around with qt's to believe that at this point, and most of those baldies aren't exactly Jason Stathoms. It's like the same handful of miserable guys on those forums just trying to make everyone feel as miserable as they are.
>>
>>36728344
That's true, most active posters there really try hard to make others feel like shit and mods actually actively get rid of positivity.

I just don't get the existence of a forum like that, it's kind of like puahate.

I do believe that losing a lot of your hair in your teens can be really detrimental though.

Twenties you can probably salvage it until your 30 where it doesn't matter as much.
>>
>>36728374
They're supposed to be there for moral support but all those forums just turn into cesspools of dudes wallowing in their own misery. Some of the shit they talk about is just ridiculous and I had to get the fuck outta there in order to maintain my sanity. Nowadays I just pop on once a month or so to check out the new research and success story subforums.
>>
>>36723250
my poor, poor children
>>
>>36728491
>all those forums just turn into cesspools of dudes wallowing in their own misery.

Just as 4chan.
>>
File: WP_20160410_002[1].jpg (364 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160410_002[1].jpg
364 KB, 720x1280
Sometimes I wonder if I could salvage this still with fin and some strict regimen, but I'm too lazy and poor and I try to forget about it instead.
>>
>>36728561
I've seen tons of success stories of hair loss forums of guys who are practically bald making major recoveries, coming back practically to a full head of hair. It's not common, but possible.

A bald spot is very easily reversible with fin + minox. It could come back in 2 months. Could take 6 months. Could take 1-2 years, it varies, but you won't know unless you try.
>>
>>36728659
I'm down to try fin but minox is a hassle here. Expensive + good brands are hard to get.

Sadly I feel like I need that combination to make a difference.
>>
>>36729064
>expensive minoxidil
Where are you? It's < $5 / month on Amazon US. And that's if you use 2x / day.
>>
>>36728561
Fin doesn't get ANY of your hair back. What it does is slow down the loss to the point that it's effectively stopped. What is lost is lost and there is nothing out there that will let you recover it.

Now, among the hairs you have lost, you certainly have some hairs that are still not gone, but are too weak to grow. Fin and minox will allow these to grow again, so that will make it seem like there was a recover.

It seems counter-intuitive, but cutting your hair as short as possible will make your balding less obvious.

Also, taking fina will improve the health of your hair as a whole, so it'll look less crappy in general.
>>
>>36728659
Minox is kind of a gamble, though. When you begin taking it, you'll lose additional hair. After a while still taking it, this hair should return. The gamble is: it doesn't for everyone. And it's risky, as if you stop taking it, you'll lose even more hair.

Fina has those unrelated terrible side-effects (at ~1%), but it's pretty reliable if we're talking about the hair, all that'll happen when you stop taking it is your hair loss will resume.
>>
>>36728491
>>36728546
kek i was just about to make that same reply.
>cesspool of dudes wallowing in their own misery
literally should be the slogan for /fit/
>>
>>36729422
fin actually has been documented to cause regrowth, shouldn't expect it, but it could happen.

i'm about 4-5months into fin/2% ketoconazole shampoo every 3 days and my hair doesn't look as bad as it did when i started. not alot better but you can tell from pictures
>>
>>36730345
Like I said, you'll "recover" some of the hair that you hadn't lost completely, but what is gone is gone. It's dead.

Fina blocks DHT from attacking your hair, so this means that any hair you had left will start looking healthier (since it's no longer under attack) and follicles which were too thin to grow (under attack) will now manage to, which will LOOK like you got some back, but really you're just like you were before.

It will slow down hair loss considerably, though.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.