[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should you eat before a morning workout? Or just wake up and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 500x_27b84ed3.jpg (42 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
500x_27b84ed3.jpg
42 KB, 500x283
Should you eat before a morning workout? Or just wake up and hit the gym?
>>
I do IF.Drink some black coffee without sugar and little or no milk and then lift fasted.Breakfast is postworkout.Haven't lost any strenght or endurance so far (10 days into it)
>>
>>36722884
What I do is I mix a shake of BCAA and maltodextrin and bring that with me and sip it during the workout for some rapidly absorbed nutrients. I'm out the door 15 minutes after I get out of bed. Will usually take 200mg caffeine also.
I eat when I get home.

I can train fasted but I find that if I do so I can only train for 45 minutes or so before I start feeling the effects of low blood sugar.
>>
>>36722884
Eat before. If you don't eat enough carbs before you might lack strength.
>>
>>36723093
This OP
>>
>>36722884

I try and eat like an hour or two before I go.

Even if I eat a big meal before I go to sleep my stomach is usually growling in the morning. Even if you eat it's likely not going to absorb in time to make much of a difference. If you eat a big meal in the morning you're going to feel like taking a nap during your workout.
>>
I can only work out on an empty stomach. If I eat anything at all (even if it's super light) it makes me feel lethargic and bloated and gross
>>
>>36722884
PW is the comfiest MGS
>>
>>36722884
Carbs before workout for greater stamina/training volume.
>>
File: 18909-18946.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
18909-18946.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>36722884
This >>36723093
Try to eat something OP.

I have a very slow metabolism so I can't even try coffe before going to the gym. Once tried a peanut bar and almost throw up doing OHP.
>>
>>36722884
don't eat a full meal before your lift

try having a fruit or a small bowl of oats and some whey. along with some coffee/pwo

lifting fasted is fine if you can handle it. i personally feel fine lifting fasted, but i know some people have pussy bodies so try a small snack pwo.
>>
>>36722884
I workout at 5 am every morning during the week before work. If I'm hitting the weights or doing hiit , I'll usually have a tbsp of honey and some peanut butter with a small cup of coffee. It's quick energy and isn't heavy on the stomach. I'll usually sip on the coffee when I'm warming up walking on the treadmill. If I'm just doing some LISS, then I'll usually go fasted.

So for me it just depends on what my goal for the day is.
>>
>>36727299
This guy's a faggot. Don't listen to him.
>>
File: 4654888852.jpg (52 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
4654888852.jpg
52 KB, 500x499
>>36727416
yeah ok, feast right before you lift and i guarantee you will feel bloated and shitty.
>>
>>36722884
its literally subjective.
you can technically do either and be completely ok, see what you like.

i used to always gym right when waking up then eat a nice breakfast after, i did that for like a year.

now i rather get in a small ~500 cal breakfast with plenty of carbs/protein then workout. i like this way much better but lets say i didnt have breakfast one day, i can still hit the gym if i ate the previous night
>>
>>36722884
I usually have to eat before I hit the gym. Back when I was dirty bulking and didn't give a fuck I'd shovel down some mcdonalds and lift like a beast.
>>
>>36727442
Maybe if you're a fat shit lord who can't digest properly.
Plus "feasting" as you say and just eating before you lift are not the same thing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.