[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's it like not being fat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9
File: Chad Thundercock.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Chad Thundercock.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
What's it like not being fat?

I've been obese since I was 18, which was 6 years ago. Back then I had a BMI of like 30. Now I'm up to almost 40.
>>
>>36719235
It's nice. You can move around easily, run and jump without stressing your joints. Climb stairs without panting and sweating. God I hate this obese continent.
>>
>>36719235
Why did reading this make me so sad? Anon...please. Raise your quality of life. I watched my parents suffer from being overweight and it broke my heart every fucking day.
>>
>>36719258
>>36719266

How do you resist the urge to overeat?
>>
>>36719235
Can you see your dick when you look down?
>>
>>36719235
In December i had a BMI of about 38.
Just start exercising and eating better.
I have already lost nearly 50 pounds.
My BMI is nearly in the 31s.
Mind over matter.
>>
Pretty sweet. Back to skinnyfat now after a year of obesity, never going back.

Read the fucking sticky and get to work, it's not that hard desu senpai
>>
>>36719283
Yes
>>
>>36719282
Eat less calorie dense stuff...you can eat a fuckton of whole foods/veggies and still be fine on calories.
>>
>>36719295
>Read the fucking sticky and get to work, it's not that hard desu senpai

I've done that long in the past, and if it weren't hard then why would the majority of first worlders be overweight or obese?
>>
>>36719282
self-control dude
>>
>>36719297
Then you're not all that fucking fat. When I was bulking and got a little heavy it annoyed me to have a belly hung over my pant line when I bent over.
>>
>>36719305
I've tried that. It's still possible to overdo it.

>>36719309

I lose that every day after 6 pm.

>>36719316

I'm obese though, and probably like at least 35% bf.
>>
I can walk up the stairs without getting winded and I'm not sweaty all the time, and I've gotten a few compliments from grills

Want to eat less, chew gum, drink more water, avoid all junk food for two weeks and the cravings will go. Then treat yourself daily with a tiny bit (like 30 calories worth of junk a day) so you don't crack and go overboard, after the two weeks of abstinence have passed. That's what I did
>>
>>36719282
I don't to be honest anon, I just workout hard enough to offset what I eat. But personally I enjoy being healthy so ingesting food that isn't going to harm me isn't really an issue. If anything I've been having problems with not eating enough calories recently.

Your body will adapt to any stress/change you place upon it. Busy your mind when you feel hungry, be sure that you drink enough water as a lot of times the sensation of hunger can be quelled with some water.

If anything please at least get to a healthy weight. I know this is /fit/ and every faggot here demands you have flying squirrel lats and washboard abs, but I believe it runs so much deeper. Do you want to meet your grandkids? Or do you want your children to have to explain to their children that you died from heart disease brought on by obesity?

>inb4 marriage/kids meme

Use whatever motivation you need anon. But being thinner will make you feel better about yourself. Achieving something like that can open up a whole new world for you.
>>
It feels fucking fantastic. Lost 50 pounds. Recently ran a 15K.

You just need a lot of will power and discipline.
>>
By not overeating. Go masturbate or something..
>>
>>36719342
I would have to workout for like 3 hours to lose weight if I didn't restrict my calories. I've lost like 4 kg this year, but I need to lose like 40 more.
>>
>>36719377
That's on you, all of this is on you. You don't have to do anything. You can just continue your life being miserable or you can decide to actually do something and stop making damn excuses as to why you cannot do it.
>>
>>36719377
It's still progress brother. You don't have to cut at a 1,000 cal deficit and sprint for 5 hours a day to lose weight. It might go slower, but lost weight is still lost weight and that's something to be proud of.

But for real chug on that water. It should help you with hunger. As far as over eating urges find something you can use to distract yourself and stick to it. There's no magic advice I can give that'll make it easy for you. It's still going to require formidable willpower and determination on your end, but I believe that you can do it. You will fail time and time again, and that's ok. Just get back up, dust yourself off and keep on going.
>>
>>36719308
Because not eating a fuckton of food is hard for weak willed fatty's.
>>
>>36719404
I've been trying to lose weight since 2012. I got down to 88 kg once, but I gained it all back within a year. If I knew it was going to be this hard, I would have never gotten fat.

>>36719423

You can call people all the names you want, but it's going to end up costing you money through your national healthcare plan or through insurance premiums.
>>
Don't know, what's it like being fat? I've always been borderline underweight and unhealthy (bad food low exercise).
>>
>>36719447
Well you are obviously doing something wrong, perhaps you need to see a therapist instead and sort out your eating disorder.
>>
>>36719452
It's shit. People swipe left, employers don't call you back, it can be painful, and you die early.
>>
>obese since I was 18

PFFFFT, get on my fucking level PLEB. Overweight since I was a toddler, obese since I was 6, morbid obese since 5th grade, 350lbs by the age of 18.

Nowadays I'm hovering around 200-210. I was almost under 200 but I started celebrating early like a fucking faggot so I'm closer to 210.

Still though, thinnest I've been numbers-wise since fucking grade school. First time in my memory that I've been sub-30 bmi.

To answer your question: it's pretty fucking great, overall. I can run and do physical stuff halfway-decently, and actually have the energy to do chores and homework and shit.

What's even better is how fucking different people treat you. People call you sir, or dude, instead of buddy, or pal. There's a base level of respect that whales don't get, because they don't deserve it. People are actually interested in what you have to say.

There are cons too, though, but for me they're mostly adjustment issues. I've only been not-obese for like a month now, and sometimes the attention from people gets a little overwhelming. Sometimes I wish they would just go back to leaving me alone. Sometimes I get jaded at how friendly people are, compared to how they were when I was a kid, and I start getting depressed and thinking about how much different my life could've gone if I had been born to parents who weren't completely fucking awful at parenting.

But that's more of a product of my fucked up childhood than it is the weight loss. If you're a normie or someone born to at least middle-class parents you'll probably have a better time. Even if you're like me, a friendless loner your entire life, I would still recommend losing weight. Being a depressed cunt is a lot better than being a depressed whale cunt.

TL;DR lose weight and see for yourself how awesome it is. If I could do it, you can too, faggot.
>>
>>36719464
If I have an eating disorder, then 1/3 of the population has an eating disorder.
>>
>>36719474
Sounds like me desu.
>>
>>36719482
Well anon, you don't get fat by eating a well balanced diet.
>>
>>36719498
You can eat a well balanced diet and get fat by just eating too much.
>>
>>36719510
Well balanced diet doesn't just mean healthy food, balance in terms of calories according to your daily needs.
>>
>>36719235

You're treated like a real human being, not like something people can barely tolerate.

I used to be Fat as fuck, and the difference is so great that If i ever go back to being that big I'll just straight put a bullet in my noggin.
>>
>>36719538
well you did it once, why kill yourself if you know you can do it again?

or is a more of a "how did I allow myself to do this again" type thing?
>>
>>36719482
You only have one life, anon. That's it, after that it's eons of pure nothing until the universe ends.

Are you really going to let yourself be satisfied by being average?
>>
File: 1459357500921.png (76 KB, 462x410) Image search: [Google]
1459357500921.png
76 KB, 462x410
>>36719548
That's not the point. The point is that he's not going to let himself get there again in the first place, because death is a preferable alternative to going back to the life of a hamplanet.
>>
>>36719282

You need to occupy yourself. You eat cause you are bored. You need to constantly stimulate and push yourself.
>>
>>36719558
What he doesn't get is that eating disorders come in all shapes & sizes, I offer my advice he's convinced he's perfectly fine.
>>
>>36719570
That's no true though. I usually get hungry when I am in the middle of doing stuff.
>>
>>36719605
You stay hungry cause you arent truly distracted, you have your mind set on food constantly.
>>
>>36719612
Again not true. It usually only happens in the evenings.
>>
>>36719605

No, you see, your appetite is all fucked up because you have basically been eating on tap all this time.

Your body assumes that if you don't have food, and don't have it RIGHT FUCKING NOW then you are basically in the desert about ready to die from starvation.

Your body is a fucking toddler screaming about a video game that it wants, and you've been the shit-bird parent enabling it.

So you got to ignore it until it shuts up.

Having set meal times does wonders for this. Meals about the same calories at about the same time will do wonders. No fucking snacking. Cause your body will shift it's hunger toward those timeframes. (no food right now? No biggie, it'll be there in about 3 hours).

Inconsistent eating is a major problem. If you need to control hunger pangs, water does wonders.
>>
>>36719633
You probably dont even know what hunger is. Could also be dehydration. That or it's your shitty food addiction like >>36719648 stated
>>
>>36719659
>You probably dont even know what hunger is.

What does this even mean?

Where do you folks get off on telling me what I feel? I'm the only person who knows that.
>>
>>36719675
It means what it means, dipshit. People often confuse hunger for thirst, boredom, etc. Why come in asking questions if you cant handle the answer?
>>
>>36719745
I know about the "hunger is thirst" meme. It's crap. If you're hungry and you drink a litre of water you're going to be hungry 20 minutes later. I know because I've tried it. Like I said before I don't get hungry when I'm bored, and I'm almost never bored.
>>
>>36719235

What's it like not being skinnyfat? I have been skinnyfat my entire life desu
>>
File: 1407111550064.jpg (27 KB, 300x392) Image search: [Google]
1407111550064.jpg
27 KB, 300x392
>>36719675
We get off telling you this because we (or at least, I, I can't really speak for other anons) were just like you or fatter and realized how full of shit we used to be.

So we come onto threads like these, half the time arguing with trolls, and the other half the time arguing with fatties who aren't going to change their ways, in hopes that our rhetoric will convince even one fatty out there to change his ways.

That's how fucking amazing being fit is. Every single facet of your life is improved by it. You live longer. You feel better. You're more of a man (did you know that subcutaneous fat produces estrogen?). People treat you better.

Stop making fucking excuses and start improving yourself. All it takes is small steps. Start counting calories. Eat a little less. Keep at it.

Two years and -100lbs later and you'll be so, so, so, SO happy that you started, and so thankful to the people that called you out on your fat fuck excuses, I can fucking GUARANTEE you.
>>
>>36719766
Okay then. You have it figured out. Tell me your stats, what do you eat every day, how much exercise do you get?
>>
>>36719798
Yeah but I've been trying to lose weight for 4 years and I've lost a grand total of like 5 kg.

>>36719801
112.8 kg
168 cm
30 min cardio once per week
on 1500 Calorie diet (900 deficit)

I lost 6.5 kg with this diet in February, but I haven't been able to stick with it since the beginning of march, so I have gained some weight. Today is good though. I ate 1500 Calories and don't feel hungry.
>>
>>36719855
I can tell you right now that big deficits will cause you to crash. Do something more managable. And well 30 mins in a week is pretty poor anon, cmon.. Do weight training, cardio more days a week? Can be steady pace.
>>
>>36719876
>Do something more managable.

No thanks. I'm already looking at something like a year to reach my goal weight and 10 months to reach the top end of normal.

> Do weight training, cardio more days a week? Can be steady pace.

Absolutely not. I used to go to the gym 3 days a week and do cardio until I was all sweaty. Sometimes I even lifted weights. I didn't lose a single kilogram. It was a total waste of time. This is especially dumb considering your suggestion of eating more. Why would I eat more Calories just so I would have to spend more time at the gym? A lot of you guys are thinking about training, muscle mass, fitness etc. but none of that concerns me. My only goal is to lower my body fat percentage and body mass. I don't even care if I lose some muscle mass in the process, even though that's unlikely given how fat I am. I can worry about becoming fit after my body is no longer a train wreck.

Losing weight is 90% diet, especially when you're close to 40% body fat.
>>
>>36719235

I love being able to bend over easily and tie my shoelaces without my fat gut getting in the way. Same with socks.

Everything is easier when you're skinny.
You don't sweat.
Knees don't ache.
Can breathe easier.
More energy throughout the day.
Don't feel the back fat pressing against your arms. (This sickened me.)
Thighs stop rubbing together.
Clothes fit.
Girls notice you for the right reasons.

It feels so good on so many levels. Lose the fat, OP. Live free.
>>
I'll tell you what though, I don't even have big arms and I can't sleep on them anymore underneath my pillow because it hurts my neck when I wake up

Having to change the way I sleep it's living hell
>>
>>36719363

Huge gains m8, well done.
>>
>>36719945
Honestly, why even come here for advice if you won't take it?
> oh hur dur i got sweaty i lifted weights didnt lose a kilo
well no kidding, you are what you eat.

>Losing weight is 90% diet

Well that isn't working out for you.

>No thanks. I'm already looking at something like a year to reach my goal weight and 10 months to reach the top end of normal.

Can guarantee it'll take you much longer than that if you go on big deficits, crack, go back to shit eating and keep repeating this process.

You do realize with this mentality, if by some miracle you lose your desired weight, it'll be temporary, right? It's called Lifestyle for a reason.
>>
>>36719477
>Being a depressed cunt is a lot better than being a depressed whale cunt.

It's like the Pepe version of Zyzz

Glad you made it, anon. Your tale is motivating.
>>
>>36719282
look at yourself naked in the mirror while you eat.
>>
File: fit beginning.jpg (40 KB, 771x198) Image search: [Google]
fit beginning.jpg
40 KB, 771x198
>>36719235
Feels fucking fantastic man. I went on a major cut last year, lost about 90 pounds in total, and I feel so much better than before. Takes willpower and the desire to improve yourself, counting calories, working out, etc.

It's also really nice just going to somewhere like Wal-mart and feeling good about yourself since you're not one of those super obese people hogging the electric carts from the elderly.
>>
File: IMG_0037.jpg (484 KB, 1568x1032) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037.jpg
484 KB, 1568x1032
>>36719235
Like 60 pounds has been lifted off of me.
>>
>when random girls give you "that look"
>when other men give you respect as an alpha
>when you can wear 30" pants
>when you can pick up heavy objects with ease
>when you play sports /exercise with others and you're not even breathing hard and everyone else is groaning and sweaty.
>when you're high on exercise endorphins 24/7
>when you increase your lifespan by 30 years

Quilte literally every aspect of your life will improve if you lose the fucking fat.
>>
>>36720143
Apparently faggy lifting gloves weigh 60 lbs now
>>
>>36719235
>filename
>>
>>36719235
I'm not afraid of stairs and steep hills.
>>
>>36720526
>30inch pants
Quadlet detected...my waist fits a 32, my quads need a 36
>>
>>36719282
it takes a lot of work but seriously eat a little less everyday. Don't listen to your own fat logic.

you can easily live on 2000 cal a day shoot for that.
>>
>>36720629
>Muh Sqwats
He fell for the "work legs" meme
>>
>>36719308
Because there's so many misconceptions about fitness and losing weight that most people get confused and forget the whole thing. They grossly overestimate the amount they work out (like doing 20 sit ups will burn 200 calories just because they're sweating a shit ton) and grossly underestimate the calories they consume.
>>
>>36719945
Okay I felt bad for you at the beginning of this thread, now I see that you're just straight up retarded and unwilling to take the excellent advice these anons are giving you for fucking FREE! Some people pay money for this fucking advice and here you are sitting in your bed (or wherever the fuck) and getting it without paying a penny. You are obviously doing something wrong if you aren't losing weight.
>I used to go to the gym 3 days a week and do cardio until I was all sweaty
>it was a total waste of time

Calories in, calories out. If you're eating equal to or more than what you've burned off, of course you're not gonna lose weight. Just because you've worked up a sweat does NOT give you an excuse to eat like a fucking swine.

I can tell you have very little will power. You're gonna be fucking STARVING for the first month or so of your diet, but it will get better. I used to be as fat as you, 250 pounds and about 36% body fat. The first day I did my diet at just -500 cals I thought I was gonna die of hunger. But I stuck with it and before I knew it, I was craving food less and less and I felt full on 2000 calories a day. I bet at your weight you could eat like 3000 cals a day and still lose weight as long as you move. JUST FUCKING STICK TO IT YOU LAZY FUCKER! What's worse, the temporary pain in your stomach or the permanent pain of failure?
>>
>>36720143
>fingerless gloves to take a selfie
mein seids
>>
>>36719235
5'11 manlet overlord reporting
I've gone from 198lbs to 149 in six months

>What's it like not being fat?
Glorious. You can wear shirts and look good, you can wear tapered hoodies and pull them off.
>>
>>36721021
Funny thing is at the time i didnt think I looked that fat.
>>
>>36720143
>Amazing transformation
>Everyone focuses on the gloves
zozzle
>>
File: 2960447-fallout4_graph03b.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2960447-fallout4_graph03b.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>36719332
Try again, I didn´t succeed on the first few tries either. Life is tough, keep at it I know were you´re coming from.
>>
>>36719235
>What's it like not being fat?
it's okay, Is not as awesome as you may think, mainly because you don't get to enjoy 2 large meat lovers pizzas by yourself any more but is nice to walk at the mall see some cool clothes on a mannequin and to know that's the way it'll look on you.
>>
File: 1459197568847.jpg (148 KB, 987x700) Image search: [Google]
1459197568847.jpg
148 KB, 987x700
>>36719945
Seems like you know it all why even come here and ask. You got everything figured out man.

>I used to go to the gym 3 days a week and do cardio until I was all sweaty. Sometimes I even lifted weights. I didn't lose a single kilogram.
It was a total waste of time.

Top-something
>>
>>36719282
cut out everything but water. (fruit juice is just as bad as soda) if you like tea,coffee without sugar or milk thats fine to.
you will start losing weight just from this and slowly adapt. seriously if you want to lose weight start with never drinking anything else but those 3 beverages. you can even add a teaspoon of sugar to the tea and coffee the first few weeks.

when you got used to this in like 2-3 months start looking at the rest of your diet.
>>
Its a lot easier to get shallow attention on shit like tinder, instagram etc.

In real life you'll catch girls looking at your muscles sometimes, and male friends you havent seen in a while will often compliment them

Sometimes girls will blatantly touch you and hold contact even if they claim it as accidental, sometimes girls will legitimately accidentally touch you and they'll double take hard and be visibly in awe of how 'solid' you are under your shirt
>>
>>36719447
Yeah but i cant change that can i.
So belittling is about as good as it gets.
>>
>>36719482
>just because everyone does it it's ok when I do it too
Well 1/3 of the population has an eating disorder then
Never understood why starving is considered bad but eating yourself to death is not
>>
I think the biggest issue for me is I just can't care about anything.

I don't really want to be here or anywhere. Why would I care about being fat or not ?
>>
>>36719282
Keto will help with your appetite
>>
OP if you really have an issue with overeating do Intermittent Fasting

then just eat one giant meal like a fatass while losing weight
>>
File: 1409278508143.jpg (110 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
1409278508143.jpg
110 KB, 600x847
>>36719945
Don't feed the trolls or fatties
IF troll, ha have fun with this.
IF fatty. You are killing yourself. No one else is doing anything to you but you
>>
>>36719945
My God it's so simple, your warped mind and fatty excuses just overcomplicate things.

Eat less - yes, it's going to suck. Yes, you will have cravings. Just don't buy shit food and have some WILL POWER

Exercise more - again, yes, it may suck if you don't enjoy exercising. It's just something you gotta do. Sorry buddy. Life isn't a cake walk (I bet you wish it was, fatty)

Eat clean, work out, sleep. Don't make excuses. Obviously you have all the answers, and you won't listen to any advice here, so continue being a miserable fat fuck. One day you'll be grateful for these insults, only if you get your head out of your ass and actually put in the work to be a better person.
>>
>>36719332
This comment alone has 3 fucking excuses. That's your problem. Look in the mirror and tell yourself it's do or die. You either lose the weight or you don't. None of this "o that doesn't work" or "i could never do that because ..." get fit or die trying. I used to be obese as well and now im the most fit dude I know personally. You can do it. It'll be tough but worth it
>>
>>36719282
What urge? If you eat properly you never get the urge.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.