[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bench stuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 20160119_134248.jpg (1021 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160119_134248.jpg
1021 KB, 2560x1536
Been stuck at the same bench 160 5x5 for 3 months with no progress of going up, i weigh 152 and eat 2500,3000 cals a day and cant seem to grow is this a problem of not eating enough? Or should i switch to higher reps low weight. Tips appreciated thanks bros
>>
Not enough info.

What is your protein intake like? How are you sleeping? How is your form and mobility? How often are you training?

On cursory info, I'd say drop the weight 10-15% and switch to 3x5 and see if that helps. Otherwise re-evaluate the other pieces mentioned above
>>
Step away from flat bench for a while. Pick another main pressing movement - hammer bench, dumbells, dips, incline, whatever and use it as a falt bench alternative for a few months. Incorporate more fly movements into your chest workout to compensate for the lower volume. Also work on ancillary muscles - front delt and tris.

You only weigh 150... 3,000 cals a day is plenty. It's realistically more than you need. Unless your macros are ass, the problem isn't your diet.

Get more sleep.
>>
120 +protein usually 2 50g shakes a day plus food, form is good use mark bell advice, mobilty is fine . I also notice my deadlift is very weak compared to my bench and squat could this be a back issue
>>
I don't know how this is possible, other than you have shitty programming. Have you tried resetting the weight and ramping back up? That will almost always break a plateau, even if it's for a little while.

Like the anon above said, try 3x5. 3 sets should be enough volume to drive progress at this level. If that doesnt help, try 3x3 or 5x3 with heavier weight.
>>
>>36718397
Where are you failing on the lift: at the bottom of the bench or after you've gotten it off your chest? Similar question for the deadlift. Are you able to get the bar off the ground and stall out somewhere in the middle, or are you just unable to pull?
>>
no problems getting it up usually struggle in the middle of the bench on the 3-4 rep it gets very hard but the first 2 reps seem easy. same thing on the deadlift right past the knees and the lock out is very hard, i can barely get 2 plates up for 5 on deads. i usually hit chest twice a week, dead and squat once a week
>>
>>36718525
If it's the middle of the lift on the bench, it's weak tris and/or shoulders. How is your OHP?

Why are you squatting only once a week but working chest twice? What is your routine specifically?
>>
>>36718341
do flat bench but include incline bench as well. do sets of 8

also add an extra day where you do flat bench in sets of 8
>>
usually something like this, mon chest- tris / tues back bis, weds legs - thurs shoulders -bis - fri chest tris, sat -legs or back - sun rest - repeat if you could link me to a legit routine that would be great. - my triceps seem to be my strongest part surprisingly, my ohp is lacking 25 on each side. for 5 if that.
>>
>>36718615
I'm assuming you made up the routine yourself. I suggest you read the sticky
>>
the sticky is for beginners, who just want to be fit, as it says itself, i want to be a big bodybuilder so that seems useless
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 303x276
>>36718702
read the fucking sticky you teenage twat
>>
>>36718702
>stalling for 3 months on barely above bodyweight bench
>"b-but im not a beginner"
Fuck off, retard
>>
dont get upset now!, i only take advice from people who have achieved something. not some computer geek writing make believe tips.
>>
How tall are you
>>
6'0
>>
>>36718783
B8
>>
>>36718901
If ur 6'0 152 a 160 bench isnt that bad
>>
>>36718996
It's fucking terrible. Don't encourage this dyel and his shit self made routine.
>>
>>36718341
What happens when you put 165 lbs on the bar and try to bench it for 5x5?
>>
>>36718341
OP how old are you?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.