[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Of the five biggest guys in my gym, only one of them ever squats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Of the five biggest guys in my gym, only one of them ever squats or deadlifts. And all five of them are on brosplit-type programs.

Explain this shit.
>>
>>36717963
They are on gear. You can fuck around in the gym and get bigger than everyone else there if you are on gear.
>>
I rarely see anyone at my gym doing The Press. When I do, 90% of the time, they have one foot in front of the other. I've never seen any article where it's taught that way. Are these people stupid?
>>
>>36717963
roids
>>
>>36717963
they are no longer beginners
>>
Because squats and deadlifts are great but are not necessary to be big or aesthetic
>>
>>36717963
1. These people have been lifting for years
2. They go to the gym for fun or to accessorise their chosen sport, not out of some autistic desire to be hurrdurrstrong and thus train like you are supposed to, more volume, less weight. The opposite is only good for injuries.
3. To elaborate point 2, these people are most likely (or were) involved in some kind of sport or were physically active before, not some pasty nerd like most people here (and probably you as well). Muscle gain is cumulative and largest in puberty (all this goes for natties), it's also when you regenerate faster, your nerves are more plastic and so on and so forth. You will NEVER come close in the same time, unless you have insane genetics and work ethic.
4. Genetics and work ethic - they probably were good at sports because they practiced a lot and because they have good genes and a lot of test and GH. They likely train smart - two hours a day with less intensity but more volume, not an hour three times a week which leaves you without so much as sweaty underarms, but with destroyed joints. It's also why they can make the 5 steps to the gym door without gasping for breath.
5. Some probably use PEDs

(Cont.)
>>
>>36718445
You need to realise that you missed your train, but you can still get a few stations' worth before nightfall (before you drop dead if you're not good with metaphore). Clean up your diet. Consume a slight excess five days of the week and a moderate deficit two days (if you're overweight). If you don't know why, read up on fasting or watch the BBC documentary. If you can make it, half an hour of exercise a day - can be low intensity stuff like stretching or yoga for 20 mins, but at least 3 times a week 90 minutes of intense exercise. I recommend swimming or martial arts. Supplement with lifting or bw training with 4-5x8-12 system, NOT 5/3/1. Also do cardio if your sport of choice is not cardio oriented or if lifting is your main activity. Don't ruin yourself with one rep maxes on one side and marathons on the other. Set goals like being able to spar for 6 rounds, doing a flag, squatting 2 plates for 15 reps (not 1). This advice is if you wish to be fit. Otherwise, follow whatever the IIFYM starting strength morons tell you.
>>
>>36718452
>things that people who can't even squat lmao3pl8 tell themselves
>>
>>36717963

brosplit is actually pretty good after you reach a certain point. your intensity and work has to be much higher than in other programs tho. our trainer used to say that whoever trains legs twice a week doesn't train legs at all, and this is true for any muscle; if you can hit it again in three days without being on gear you just did not hit it hard enough the first time
>>
>>36718445
>>36718452
Fucking pieces of fucking shit
IN THE GARBAGE
>>
>>36719955

Your trainer sounds like a moron, to be blunt.
>>
because you don't need those to get big

you can do PPL and be fine
>>
>>36720019

He was an IFBB pro, so probably has more knowledge about bodybuilding in his left nut than your whole gym buddy.

But keep up doing full body workouts and SS, wondering why you are still schmall as fuck.
>>
>>36720055
so he took insane amounts of steroids and adjusted his training to that. great advice for nattys.
>>
>>36719955
>our trainer used to say that whoever trains legs twice a week doesn't train legs at all
lel. your trainer should tell dietmar wolf and boris sheiko.
>>
>>36718177

They just copy the end of the clean and jerk.
>>
>>36719955
> whoever trains legs twice a week doesn't train legs at all
So he's a complete and utter retard fuck. Cool man.
>>
>>36719955

Holy shit, sounds like the same person who posts leg day memes on facebook.
>>
>>36718445
>>36718452
why would you lie on the internet ?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.