[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will bacon really clog my arteries and give me butt cancer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 236x131) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 236x131
Will bacon really clog my arteries and give me butt cancer?
>>
>>36717674
Implying you don't already have rectal cancer
>>
Yes and no.

The truth is that dieticians have no idea what the fuck does anything.
Once it was fats, then it was carbs, then it was fats again. Now it's gluten or some shit.

Fun fact: "Nutritionist" is not a protected profession. Literally anyone can call themselves a "nutritionist".

The fact of the matter is that so long as you work out, eat vegetables and meat, you won't have any problems.

All this shit to make people only eat one type of shit is that market trying to gain money.

Eat balanced. Fuck all of them.
Eat bacon with a side of green beans.
Have an egg there too.

Now you're fucking like 3 different groups all at once.
When you do that, you know you must be doing something right
>>
>>36717717
Nice broscience
>>
No.
https://authoritynutrition.com/is-bacon-bad-or-good/
>>
>>36717742
Fuck off soy shill
>>
>>36717674
>Will bacon really clog my arteries and give me butt cancer?

Maybe, maybe not. It increases the chances of getting both.
>>
>>36717674
No. Just get it reduced salt or unsmoked if you can, trim fat to suit your macros and fry with better oil or grill it.

Chop it up, fry it with some onions and stick it on an omlette (Egg white on a cut) topped with cheese (Low fat on cut). God tier meal.
>>
>>36717717
>Fun fact: "Nutritionist" is not a protected profession. Literally anyone can call themselves a "nutritionist".

Yeah no. Maybe if you live in west virginia or something. It depends on state and in most states you need specific education/certification.
>>
>>36717823
Not even kidding.
FDA or any proper USGov agency doesn't give a shit about "Nutritionist".
The protected term is "dietician".

Accept it mate
>>
>>36717835
Semantics
>>
>>36717845
It's as much semantics as OSHA and OSTA is.

Who do you trust?
>>
Nah op, there s this thing called LDL and HDL, hdl is good cause it has lots of protein inside it, and fats are distributed between these 2 lipidic fractions. As long as u keep a balanced diet u will have no problems with ur arteries. Hdl/ldl must be like 3 point something. And the cholesterol u get from fatty foods just means ur body wont synthethise its own while u get it from other sources(bacon). Fats are good for ur health, huge carb meals and insulin spikes in little intervals are bad,k?
>>
>>36717742
>Advocating a balanced diet is broscience
>>36717674
Yes, it'll increase your chance of getting butt cancer from 1% to 1.2%. Or whatever the actual numbers are. People just need to accept that they're going to fucking die and that spending decades swearing off things you enjoy, even in moderation, in the hope that it MIGHT tack on another 6 months to your lifespan is kind of a dumb way to live. Obviously make sure you're getting the nutrients your body needs and not taking in too much or too little energy, but don't worry too much about the rest.
>>36717823
>>36717835
Some states do regulate the term, but most don't, and there's absolutely none at the federal level. The term is also unregulated in the UK, Australia, and parts of Canada.
>>
>>36717873
>And the cholesterol u get from fatty foods just means ur body wont synthethise its own while u get it from other sources(bacon).

You mean transfats.

Your body regulates cholesterol pretty well dude, anything in moderation.
>>
>>36717909
Either way.
Eat meat and veggies.
The best meal is a plate of a good steak, peas, and mound of mashed taters.
You can live forever on that meal.
>>
>>36717923
disregard this, i suck cocks and cant read
>>
>>36717674
Yes.
Nitrosamines, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and other goodies

And this.

keto/ low carb high fat negative effects
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/10.1210/jc.2007-0692

hfd induced LPS endotoxemia - proinflammatory state + decreased insulin sensivity

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4380231/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3263893/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22717075

http://m.diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/56/7/1761.full

saturated fat mimics LPS ( as an agonist of endothelial dysfunction pathways - atherosclerosis)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25979502

eggs raising serum cholesterol

1. Dietary cholesterol provided by eggs and plasma lipoproteins in healthy populations.

"dietary cholesterol increases the concentrations of both circulating LDL and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol in those individuals who experience an increase in plasma cholesterol following egg consumption (hyperresponders). It is also important to note that 70% of the population experiences a mild increase or no alterations in plasma cholesterol concentrations when challenged with high amounts of dietary cholesterol (hyporesponders)." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16340654

2. Dietary cholesterol from eggs increases the ratio of total cholesterol to high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in humans: a meta-analysis. 2001

Im a dietitian btw but im gonna change cause this field is full of crap and myths of myths. Even alan aragon is deluded. Ive had a friend from the issn correct him on this.
>>
More on saturated fats ( milk fat)
Stearic acid seems to be the most neutral one
"Saturated fat (cream) intake leads to an increase in LPS and LBP, the increased expression of TLR-4 and SOCS-3, as well as other proinflammatory changes, whereas glucose intake induces only oxidative stress, inflammation, and SOCS-3 expression but not endotoxemia or an increase in TLR-4 expression (3). It would, therefore, appear that fats are potentially more injurious than glucose and possibly other carbohydrates".
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3263893/
>>
File: 1455131791813.png (519 KB, 639x557) Image search: [Google]
1455131791813.png
519 KB, 639x557
>yfw there have been kids with such severe seizure disorders that they had to be on over the maximum dose of several seizure reduction medications and it still didn't help
>yfw some of those kids went on a keto diet
>yfw they were gradually able to reduce their med intake till it was zero and remain seizure free
>so long as they maintained the keto diet
>>
>>36717717
Ya know
>>
if bacon is illegal in some hemispheres of the world then its clearly beneficial in the other hemispheres dont let any religious figureheads tell u otherwise
>>
>>36719336
speaks highly to intestinal perforation issues and threshold limits.
>>
File: 1460237000951.jpg (11 KB, 320x426) Image search: [Google]
1460237000951.jpg
11 KB, 320x426
>>36719336
Keto helps reduce my seizures.
>>
>>36717925
Fuck your peas m8, I'm roasting broc and cauli and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
Most generic (AHA / USDA) nutrition advice is based on epidemiological data, basically no better than broscience. It tries to find correlation and very often starts with a preconceived notion.

That being said, pig fat won't kill you. Being fat will kill you. How you decide to not be fat is up to you.
>>
Cured meats are associated with a ~20% increased risk of colon cancer IIRC, a moderate increase. However, AFAIK no study attempts to control lifestyle or other dietary factors because this would be really fucking hard to do at the numbers you need for statistically significant results on cancer rates.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.