[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is cardio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: cardio-vs-strength.jpg (40 KB, 383x214) Image search: [Google]
cardio-vs-strength.jpg
40 KB, 383x214
I love lifting weights but I hate running, or any form of cardio.

How important is it? i've been lifting for about 7 months now, and i got a little love handles on my gains from buking and shakes (which i've quit now because i was gaining too much fat), can I lose it by just lifting? or do I need to do cardio?

I started doing two a days a week ago figuring it would keep up my metabolism to a high rate and therefore help me lose those handles for the summer.

So fitizens

Can I lose those handles with only weights?
only cardio I do is 5-10min jog on treadmill for warm up.
>>
>>36715274
cardio would help tbqhwyf, but it can be done without. Cardio is healthy though, I probs should do it but I'm lazy
>>
>>36715299
How much does it add to overall health?
>>
Combine it however pleases you, both has their advantages and disadvantages. I run 3 times a week and lift 3 times a week, works for me even if I hate running.
>>
>>36715450
how long do you run everytime?
>>
File: Swetty.jpg (16 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
Swetty.jpg
16 KB, 230x300
>Lift weights all day erry day
>Finally pull that 10/10 you've wanted
>Two minutes of sex and you're out of breath, sweating like a pig and feel like you're going to die
>mfw
>>
>>36715492
This has actually happened to me, without the 10/10 tho.
>>
File: 1460230462235.jpg (113 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1460230462235.jpg
113 KB, 600x600
>>36715492
>this is what cardiofags actually believe
>>
>>36715492
>be high school DYEL
>join swim team
>months later, still DYEL
>lose virginity and last 1.5 hours before you decide to just finish each other off

went better than expected, considering the first time we tried I couldn't even get it up
>>
>>36715274

Play sports, box, join a group "boot camp" fitness class, or do hot yoga. It will act as a faithful surrogate for cardio. It's what the normies do.
>>
>>36715274
You should be able to run 3 miles in 30 minutes for maximum cardio gains.
>Increase strength of heart
>Lower resting heart rate
>Heart rate returns to normal faster after exercise
>Better blood flow
>Body absorbs oxygen more effectively
>Increase metabolism
>Cells make more mitochondria which means more energy produced in cells
>Helps muscle recovery
Those are physical benefits alone. I haven't spent any time looking into it, but I'm sure there are mental benefits that follow. Also, just a cool fact
>Cardio adds over a mile of blood vessels to your body
Ain't that some shit?
>>
File: 1449869083406.png (939 KB, 964x1268) Image search: [Google]
1449869083406.png
939 KB, 964x1268
Weights improve your strength and make you look better

Cardio improves your health, stamina and cardiovascular abilities.
>>
>>36715617
How should I go about getting my stamina up to be able to run 3 miles in 30 mins.

Also, i gym twice a day, isnt adding cardio to this a bit too much?
>>
>>36715669
do cardio on a day you dont gym
>>
>>36715681
only days i dont go are Wednesday and on the weekends.
>>
>>36715274
Do a 40 min brisk walk 4 days a week, then 10 sets of running intervals (1 min run, 1 min rest) 2 days a week
>>
>>36715518
I'm not a cardiofag, it's exactly what happened to me. I can OHP my girlfriend but I can't pump for more than two minutes.
>>
>>36715669
Just run, man. Start running 10 minutes per day. Then start running 15 minutes per day. Then 20, then 30. You could probably do it in one summer.

Your heart starts making gains when you've been over about 120 bpm for 3 minutes. It also loves interval training.
>>
I dunno ask Zyzz
>>
>>36715324
Approximately 2 healths
>>
>>36715274
If you want to lose body fat then eat less fucking food. It's genuinely as simple as that.
>>
Diet is going to help those love handles more. But I like cardio because it seems to help quite a bit with my mental health. When I stop doing cardio I tend to feel depressed.
>>
>>36715713
git gut
>>
File: 1heart.jpg (37 KB, 755x1059) Image search: [Google]
1heart.jpg
37 KB, 755x1059
>>36715324
>>
OP here

Keeping a diet is hard in the current living situation, i try to "not eat shit" but still i have dem handles.

Any tips or actually diets that work for normies?

Not that shit like "eat and advocaco with your crushed zebra meat after eating your smashed blue berries with Mongolian rice. Then eat it every 3 hours."
>>
>>36716208
Read the sticky you cunt
>>
>>36716241
>as if stickies arent confusing.
>>
>>36715617
what is a good resting heart rate, mine is around 48-50.
>>
what is fits opinion on stationary bikes?
>>
>>36715324
more than lifting
>>
Just by replacing one of your lifting days with 30 minutes of cardio, you will improve your gains by around 6-10%. And that's all the cardio you need to do. Find one you enjoy. It doesn't have to be running. There's the ellipitcal, swimming, rowing, and cycling.

Also, avoid the treadmill unless it's below 10F out. That is where the cost/benefits of running goes into more costs and damages your heart.
>>
>>36716268
Get a real bike and ride it outside. If for some reason the weather sucks, is really code, and you risk dying from hypothermia, then get a bike trainer.
>>
>>36716208

You probably live with your parents. The easiest way to control your diet is to focus on breakfast and lunch, because you can get away with eating those alone.

Dinner is the hard part. Start volunteering to cook a few nights a week. Unless your mother has a lot of misplaced pride she'll value the chance to put her feet up for a little while.

The rest of the time, just try to eat half of everything that is on your plate. eat all the non-starchy vegetables and none of the potatoes, though.

If you're in a family where leaving food on your plate is forbidden, make a big show about saving it for later by putting it in tupperware, then quietly throw it away when nobody is looking.

last but not least, move out.
>>
>>36716364
thinking about moving out for a while now, turning 19 in a bit. prob gonna move into dorms.

How bad are potatoes? i love them...
>>
>>36716328
This is complete broscience.
Just add cardio after a lifting session. Removing a whole day of lifting for 30 minutes of liss is probably one of the stupidest things you could have suggested.
Also do HIIT, it's much better.
>>
Learn to play tennis. It is great for cardio and endurance. Other than that get outside for cardio. Run, bike, hike, swim, ski, play basketball, canoe, kayak, etc. Find something you enjoy doing rather than just staying in a gym all day.
>>
>>36715617

I feel proud, I can do that, and I'm a recovering fatty
>>
>>36716384

potatoes are just generally bad for you. they have a really high glycemic index, so they're loaded with simple sugars and can disrupt your metabolism. If you do nothing else, cutting potatoes in all forms, and maybe white rice and white bread out of your diet will help you lose a bit of weight. You need carbs, but you need complex carbohydrates found in non-starchy veg and whole grains, not starch and sugar found in potatoes.

(You can lose weight by cutting shit out of your diet, especially if you don't try to replace them. you can not lose weight by adding things to your diet.)
>>
>>36716264
That's great. That is to say, it's great if it's because of a strong heart. What's your blood pressure usually look like?
>>
>>36715274
Scooby says you should do 30 mins of cardio every day no matter what
>>
>>36715551
spoiler alert you're into guys
>>
>>36716450
potatos are a complex carb

They do have a high GI rating. While quite ok if you can handle that you should avoid them if you have problems.
>>
>>36716494
not sure, havn't went to the doctors in about a year
>>
>>36716866
Well you're probably fine. I haven't gone to the doctor in 6 years and I'm the healthiest guy I know. As long as you're eating right, staying strong, and doing your cardio, there shouldn't be anything you need to get checked.
>>
>>36716902
>i'm the healthiest guy I know

Everyone you know is dead anon.
>>
>>36715324
You won't get a heart attack at 45
>>
>>36716420
I would take out a lift day for a much longer cardio session, like an hour.

If you want psychological gains, HIIT is inferior to standard cardio. Research has shown. Anecdotally I just feel much better after standard cardio than HIIT.
>>
>jacked as fuck
>run shirtless outside
>everybody miring
best feel
>>
>>36715324
Heart disease is the #1 killer of men, it strengthens your heart.
>>
>>36715324
worth more than rupees.
>>
>>36715274
>poor-ass home gym
>no way to do squats w/ tiny ass bar
>don't want to lose my height due to squats anyways
>see some gay dude with huge ass, big legs (no homo)
>apparently long distance runner
>I could do that
>get cardio benefits
>not sure if legs will look normal or incredibly faggy and undefined though

What the fuck do I do.
>>
>>36716241
Have you read it yourself? It doesn't answer his question
>>
>>36715324
I started doing cardio last year and I've gotten like 300HP so far. It really makes a difference, especially once you get the high level armors.
>>
>>36715324
I've gotten +2 dexterity per month doing HIIT.
>>
>>36715324
3 Hearts. Make sure you get all the fairies though so you can take only half damage though, it'll help out in the long run.
>>
>>36715617
>>36715617

Damn, I can barely job 6 mph for like a minute, but then again I'm 5'11" 244 lbs... just starting.

This will be my goal then!
>>
File: 1460276588160-952371900.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1460276588160-952371900.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
These are the shoes I use for every physical activity I do.
I was thinkig of treating myself to a present since I've kept up with the gym and get meself some good lifting and running shoes.
Lifting-wise, I dont really know, I just know the sole must be thin.
Running-wise, nike does some shoes that i think I like and have a pretty comfy sole.
Thoughts?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.