[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Currently 160 at 5'11, Should i "lean" bulk or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: 20160404_192818.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160404_192818.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Currently 160 at 5'11, Should i "lean" bulk or cut to skele mode? Recovering fatty down from 235 btw
>>
>>36714918
Bump
>>
>>36714918
Cut for summer and start a bulk in September. You got a bit of stomach fat still and even if you lean bulk you will still look fat this summer. Lean out first and lose the baby fat
>>
>>36714918
You are one disgusting fat ass motherfucker.

Seriously though, how do you work out/run when all you fat deposits flap around all over the place?

Jesus Christ. I feel sorry for your parents.
>>
>>36714918
I say bulk
>>
>>36714918
Grats on dropping the 75 pounds, out of curiousity how long did it take and were you lifting the whole time?
>>
>>36715057
Seems like a good idea,losing a couple more weight won't do any harm
>>36715061
Fuck off
>>36715122
Thanks and it took me about 5 months of eating 1000-1300 cals per day while doing keto, yeah i did lift weights but i half-assed most of it
>>
>>36715061
>being this upset about a fatty making it more than you

Nice try lanklet.
>>
All these motherfuckers with no muscle wondering if they should cut or bulk

Fucking put on some muscle first OP then worry about cutting
>>
>>36715194
how do you do that. cutting or bulking?
>>
>>36715194
Tried doing that last month but i just got fatter sven though some of my lifts went up, i went from 160 to 170, but i got disgusted from the amount of fat i put on so i cutted down to 160...
>>
Don't bulk yet bro, still too much fat. Cut and lift.
>>
>>36714918
cut, start cutting now, hard cardio, start lifting ffs and combine some supplements that will maintain muscle while buring fat
>>
>>36714918
You're fat and need to cut more
>>
>>36715222
LIFT. SOMETHING. FIRST
>>
>>36715261
Will do, by the way do you know any good programs/routines to do while on a cut?
>>
>>36715279
What are those supplements? I bought some whey and creatine last week will those help?
>>
If i cut,should i cut till im a skele or do i cut till im 150 or something ?
>>
>>36714918
you need to start lifting what the fuck....
>>
File: 1455662964413.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1455662964413.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
Lift nigga
>>
>>36715503
Got any good programs to start while continuing my cut?
>>
File: bsWOch.png (396 KB, 669x468) Image search: [Google]
bsWOch.png
396 KB, 669x468
5'9 168

BF %?
Should I cut or not?

Probably not the best pics since I've had pizza earlier so a little bloated
>>
>>36715533
Bulk to 180, cut back down to 160-165. You're lean as fuck already, get massive.
>>
Jesus Christ. you need to lift. It doesn't matter if you eat at a deficit you'll still make noob gains. There is nothing to "cut" to.
>>
>>36715516
>>36715553
I've been lifting; but for some reason my muscles won't grow so i assumed it was because im on a deficit so i cant build muscles, so im trying to focus on losing the fat to have a lean base to start with
>>
Getting lots of mixed opinions here....
>>
>>36714918
If you got steroids bulk

If you don't, cut

Simple as that. Your fat is too high to bulk natty, you will put on too much fat which will minimize your muscle gains. In fact, you won't even notice the gains, you will just become a bigger blob of fat.

Cut down to at least 13-15%. This will help stabilize your hormone levels as well and make bulking easier and more rewarding. Bulking at your current BF% will just make you feel bad and you will probably give up

If non natty then bulk as your LBM gains will overpower any fat gains (thought BF% will probably shrink either way)

Kind of sucks because natty with your body you are looking at maybe 1-2 years before you look good. With roids it would take like a few months.
>>
>>36715614
You said in an earlier post you lifted a month lol. Keep at it and push yourself while keeping a good protein intake and calories in a deficit. It will be slow progress but you will make noob gains and drop fat.

>trying to focus on losing the fat to have a lean base to start with

You have no base, that's why you need to lift and gain some muscle. You're 160lbs at 5'11 with more fat yet to lose.
>>
File: kek.jpg (74 KB, 716x653) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
74 KB, 716x653
Cut or bulk, /fit/?

I've cut down from 120kg (~264lb) to 80kg (~176lb) over the past seven months.

I've started doing Casey Butts beginner routine about three weeks ago.

- I'm not sucking my stomach in or pushing it out specifically in this image. A bit of fat on there still, but it's also partially just the excess skin that makes it stick out more, I think.
- My hips are very wide, so those are not just fat-lumps.

I'd like to start bulking (or at least lean-bulking) so that my absurdly large ribcage/hips stop looking so out-of-place.

Thoughts?
>>
>>36714918
I was down to 145 at 5'9" before I started my first bulk so I'd recommend cutting for at least 4 more weeks.
>>
>>36715801
Also, height is 185cm (6'1")
>>
>>36715801
theres not just two options, it isnt just cut or bulk
go to the gym, start a regiment, build some muscle then see where youre at
>>
>>36715843
Well, I've done that with Casey Butts routine for three weeks now. So you're saying I should just keep going at TDEE-level caloric intake? For how long until I should re-evaluate?
>>
>>36715614
start with this link:
http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-to-lose-fat-without-losing-muscle/

And I hate to be THAT guy, but read the sticky. Heres a starter program (from the aforementioned sticky) that you could follow:
http://oldschooltrainer.com/reg-parks-beginner-routine or you could try one of the other ones( from the sticky)
>>
>>36714918

I'm 160 at 5'11" and I don't look anything remotely like this. I've only been lifting for 4 months, so what the fuck, f am?
>>
>>36715786
I meant to say that i'started bulking for a month, i've been lifting for the past 5-6 months...
>>36715785
>>36715819
I guess cutting seems like the best thing to do atm, thanks guys
>>
>>36714918
don't listen to these faggots, do not cut, you are 160 with hardly any muscle, you still have a fuck ton of fat on you, start eating at maintenance while doing a 5x5 for strength, if you cut, you will go from having a nice bulk/maintenance mode to being a hungry skeleton and will probably an hero when you realize what you have done
>>
>>36715896
Might be cause i went down from 235 and i dont hae lots of muscle mass
>>
>>36715163
>but i half-assed most of it
don't do that man.. if you workout, give 110% otherwise don't workout at all

it's for you and not for someone else.. in just a few month you will see the first results!
>>
>>36715801
this is what happens when you have no fucking idea what you are doing lol

did you not even lift when you were loosing weight, SEVEN fucking months and you already went for fat to skeleton, was that the goal, like what the fuck were you thinking, you already blew the 6 month newb gain stage, and now you have to get fat again to make any muscle gains, congratulations, you played yourself
>>
File: 20160409_213911.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160409_213911.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>36715909
I tried doing that while maintaining/ slightly bulking and i gained 10 lbs and felt like shit, i did ICF 5x5 , here's a pic of me after i did it for a month( kinda fatter)
>>
>>36715921

You look fatter than 160.
>>
>>36715941
Initially, the idea was not to build muscle mass, but to stop being overweight. That was my #1 priority, getting healthier. Now that I've achieved that, I've started looking into building some muscle-mass to get out of skeleton-mode.
>>
>>36715961
I do, but im not
>>
>>36715974

Yes you are. You're about 175.
>>
>>36715994
Well the scale says otherwise....
>>
>>36715959
well, don't bulk...maintain, big difference dude, the reason you are still fat is because you aren't building muscle, you are just loosing fat

>>36715968
all of you half fattties don't know how good you have it, we skinny fags HAVE to bulk to get to a good weight to gain muscle, all you have to do is lift while eating at a deficit and your body will eat it's and use the fat stores for muscle growth
>>
>>36716008

You need to step on it with both feet
>>
>>36715909
>>36716024
you're stupid.

recomping does not work.
>>
>>36716024
Well, it did take me like 5-6 months to go from obese -> full fat -> half fat in the first place...
>>
>>36715194
That's excellent advice for guys who look "built" or "solid" when they're overweight. That's terrible advice for guys who look "skinnyfat" when they're overweight. If you're flabby, like OP cut until you are no longer flabby. I wasted a year on the bulk/cut until you have muscles meme and just looked fucking fatter with slightly stronger muscles.
>>
They need to sticky this shit.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/qa-fat-loss-fat-loss/low-body-fat-in-women-stubborn-low-back-fat-and-skinny-fat-training.html

>Beyond that, what is CR to do? Since he doesn’t have a lot of lean body mass, he’s obviously hesitant to diet (as the old saying goes, you can’t define bone) down specifically although it really isn’t a problem in my book. But I understand a male trainee not wanting to be an even smaller version of himself or to be 140 pounds at his height.

>Bulking in the strictest sense, is out of the question since at his current bodyfat, he’ll run into all of the issues I mentioned above and discuss in detail in the linked article: he may have calorie partitioning problems and he’ll end up at such a high body fat when all is said and done that getting lean again will take forever. What to do?

>Honestly, despite his assertion that he’s been lifting a few months, he is still a beginner. And will be for 3-6 more months. And his body fat is still high enough that he can probably gain strength and muscle slowly as he leans out. This is one of those situations where gaining muscle while you lose fat is relatively easier: the combination of being an overfat beginner allows a physiology for this to happen.

>So this is a place where I’d suggest a slight deficit (10-20% from maintenance), moderate low intensity cardio and a well set up beginner training program. Bodyfat should come off slowly, strength will go up and muscle mass should go up gradually as well. When he has a year of training, he can re-assess where he is and will be ready for more specific dieting or gaining cycles. But I don’t think he needs them now.

tl;dr lift weights, do cardio, eat slightly lower than maintenance = gain muscle, lose fat
>>
>>36714918
that looks a lot like 190 nigga
>>
>>36716024
Yea that's not how it works bud. You're body doesn't take fat from your stomach, magically turn it into muscle, and then move it to like your pecs or bis.
>>
>>36716126
Thats the problem
>>
>>36716139
Oversimplification, but yes - it does.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/adding-muscle-while-losing-fat-qa.html

I didn't read the rest of the arguing in this thread, but this needs to be repeated (and fucking stickied so people stop asking this everyday):

>IF YOU'RE A BEGINNER, YOU CAN LOSE FAT AND GAIN MUSCLE. DON'T BULK OUTRIGHT UNLESS YOU'RE SKELETON MODE.
>>
>>36716194
nice source, thanks!
>>
just cut to the chase and get DNP man.
>>
File: IMG_0262.jpg (33 KB, 317x233) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0262.jpg
33 KB, 317x233
>>36715061
>discouraging people from working out on a fitness board
bruh
>>
>>36716139
When you need calories to repair muscle, your body is able to burn fat and get calories, making your body able to repair muscle.
>>
>>36715959
Yeah, like I said, fatter blob when bulking no noticeable muscle gains as BF% too high to see any noticeable differences.

I'll be your hero and save you years of bullshit and struggle

Try intermittent fasting, get some BCAA's (it will help prevent muscle catoblism) run a small calorie deficit (slightly below maintence) do 15-20 minutes of cardio everyday before or after weightlifting, keep the rep ranges in the 8-10 range as it will keep your heart rate in the area it needs to be for fat burn and cause muscle gain.

It will take a long long time to see results. The scale might barely move, you might even see it go up a bit as your body will put on some muscle (to a certain extent) while in a small calorie deficit) and muscle weighs more than fat, so what you will need to be focusing on is BF% numbers.

Do not by any means whatsoever bulk until you are at 13-15%. Make sure you are hitting protein requirements (roughly 0.60 to 0.75g/lb) protein will be your most important macro to hit as it will help protect muscle loss. Track calorie intake and protein.

Do not deficit too hard or your body will go full on catabolic and you will lose more muscle than you will fat making you look even worse. Keep those calories high enough

Find your BMR, adjust for the calories you burn working out (get a fitness tracker like fitbit or some shit to track how much calories you are burning)

example

BMR = 1850 (amount of calories your body is burning daily no matter what)

Cardio = 200 (calories you burned doing cardio)

Weight lifting = 310 (Calories you burned lifting weights)

TDEE = 2400 for the day (track this number daily) eat 500 calories below this number and hit protein macro's.

Hit your goal weight with goal BF%, maintain that weight for a few weeks to a month, then leanbulk back up.
>>
>>36716194
Hey anon!
Ive been losing weight since a while ago (50lbs)
and started SS month and a half ago.
Ive been cutting all days,
I've been failing almost all reps when i increase weight, these are my stats:
5x5 squat 55Kg (thats including the 20kg from oly bar)
5x5 bench 42kg
5x5 deadlift 70kg
5x5 ohp 25kg (yes i suck at these)
5x5 40kg pendlay rows
is this normal?
im 6.3 and 93kg, 18% bf
>>
>>36716326
we speak in american units
>>
File: IMG_20160406_052839.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160406_052839.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
Should I bulk or cut? 6' 190. Bf percentage??
>>
>>36716388
maintain and keep lifting, noticeable muscle gain, lift for a few more months and see where you are at
>>
>>36715546
Is that really lean as fuck?
>>
>>36714918
this gives me motivation. i'm 6'0 and 205. i want to be 150-160. i heard keto really does work but all those carbs gone...how do you mentally not go for carbs
>>
>>36718459
Did Keto for 3 months and lost 16 kg. The hard part is the social one, hanging with friends and not having pizza/beer. I solved it by having our get togethers at home and doing bbq
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.