[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do aquatics athletes have shit physiques?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 236x176) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 236x176
>>
>>36713948
Because contrary to what you might think, some athletes don't train in an optimal manner.

Those guys could probably do chest and shoulders training to improve their strength in the water, but why bother since they got drugs and that physique is 'toned and attractive' to most people.
>>
>ottermode
>literally
>>
There are no aquatic mammals with impressive physiques.
>>
Swimmers and water polo players eat a metric fuck ton of food
I've seen quite a few former swimmers that gained a bunch of weight after they stopped competing
>>
>>36713948
would fuck all four, hopefully at the same time
no homo
>>
>>36713948
NICE THUMBNAIL FAGGOT

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>36714091
otters are ottermode
manta rays look like giant lats
>>
if you do t have any fat on your body and you have a lot of muscle, you sink.

I thought it was exaggerated but on an episode of hard knocks some ripped black linebacker took a swim in the Texas heat and sank like a stone.

swimming is about getting the best time so aesthetics kind of take a back seat.
>>
Because the best body out there is ascended ottermode, which is a combo of swimming/lifting.

>t. 7 years of lifting and swimming
>>
>>36713978
>>36714060
>>36714091
>>36714183
>>36714443
>>36714993
>>36714565
>>36715798

So basically

>eat your fucking face off
>swim/water polo training is fucking brutal
>almost kill yourself every day staring at the bottom of the floor
>if you have any muscle mass you will sink, have shit endurance, and be slow as fuck
>have a doughy/ottermode at best physique to show for it

That sounds like literally the worst. Jesus christ swimmers are fucking autists
>>
>>36716181

The whole 'you need fat to swim' thing is a dumb meme. Look at the olympic athletes when they compete. Look at Phelps, Adrian. They're all MAYBE at 10% in competition.

Fat is helpful if you have shit technique/body position and can't keep your body high in the water through good form.

Training is fucking brutal though.
>>
>>36716242
> Look at the olympic athletes when they compete

k
>>
>>36716242

>lean swimmer
>look at that v taper
>chubbyfat stomach
>so aesthetic
>so athletic
>much wow

if you're conscious about your physique swimming just seems like the biggest waste of time
>>
>>36716346
>post water polo
0/10
>>
File: RTR35U45.jpg (32 KB, 556x413) Image search: [Google]
RTR35U45.jpg
32 KB, 556x413
>>36716387
Explain.
>>
>>36716435
He's saying that you aren't posting swimmers, you mong. It's not the same thing as water polo. In water polo you spend a lot of time upright, which means you need a little bit of fat because you can't position your body to stay afloat as well. Swimmers do not have anywhere near the same build.
>>
>>36713948
Because the only thing they're used to lifting is women into their beds.
>>
>>36716803
swimmers are notoriously gay. most female athletes sleep with black track athletes at the games. swimmers have gay orgy in locker room
>>
>>36716848
lol u mad wite boi?
>>
>>36716848
As an ex swimmer, can not confirm
>>
>>36717698
>as an ex swimmer, i repressed my gay impulses enough to have whiplash reaction to stranger on internet calling me gay
>>
>>36717645
about what? keep flopping around in your speedo, dicklet
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.