[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /fit/'s policy on cheat meals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: picstitch.jpg (3 MB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
picstitch.jpg
3 MB, 1936x1936
And snacking on a cut?
>>
IIFYM cunt cheat all you want
>>
>>36713203
You need a balance in everything.
Cheat meals are good to remind you that you used to eat utter shit , and that shit tastes good but that guilt you associate with the cheat meal is equally as important so you do not cheat meal every day
>>
File: stopnow.jpg (8 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
stopnow.jpg
8 KB, 250x242
>>36713203
OH MY GOD! YOU FAT AMERITARDS ARE SAVAGES. HOW CAN YOU CALL THIS SHIT FOOD?
>>
I use to cheat all the time but now it has just got boring. I feel awful when I eat junk food and actually crave veggies some times. just do it until you're burn out i suppose
>>
>>36713267
This so much

Just ate 4 blueberry poptarts along with a fuck huge amount of scrambled eggs and a protein shake for breakfast. My macros are fucking SATISFIED
>>
>>36713203
I used to have a cheat meal or cheat day when I started. The fitter I got I stopped really wanting them. I'd go a solid month eating whole foods and tracking macros and then decide to have a cheat meal. Except I would end up feeling like shut for a couple days. Like I poured gasoline down my throat and my body is trying to figure out how to digest and process it.
>>
Don't have them for the sake of having them. Take them when you need them and try to be sensible.
>>
File: 1458960030999.gif (1 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1458960030999.gif
1 MB, 260x260
What does /fit/ think of refeeding on a cut? Does it rejuvenate you long enough to justify the break?
>>
>>36713203
i ate 1100 cals every day except on saturday, the day before a workout. i ate like 1k above maintenance or more in mostly carbs.
i feel like i dont reaaly needed it, but /fit/ told me that a refeed once a week on a super low calorie diet with no carbs is good.
>>
>>36714003
interested in this to
>>36713961
>>
File: 1400319508067.jpg (64 KB, 470x417) Image search: [Google]
1400319508067.jpg
64 KB, 470x417
>tfw just found out i cant have delicious ass honeyed nuts in the house while on a cut
>>
>>36713961

do a +600 calorie refeed (600 calories more than your current cutting calories) once a week because your body needs the calories to repair
>>
>>36713961

Refeeds are a hormonal thing, and you can accomplish this while still staying on a calorie deficit. All you're supposed to do is spike carbs really heavy while keeping fat super low.
>>
>>36714346
so i am >>36714003
and i only eat veggies and enough meat for my protein each day.

what would you say is a good saturday meal? my TDEE is 2200-2400
>>
I used to have built in cheat meals in my diet so I could adjust to eating less and have one Fay to just eat whatever, but it never worked and that cheat day would turn into 1..2...3 day long apathetic sessions. I found out that I need to build discipline by eating less/dieting without planned cheat days. The only I have set is for when I reach my final goal
>>
>>36713203
Jesus fucking Christ is that a whole onion on that hot dog? And a macaroni sandwich?

Snacking is fine if you still count calories, cheat meals are case by case. If this is a scheduled cut, probably no big deal. If you're cutting because you've been having Wendy's and shit every day it's bad. Basically if you're cheating because of much you hate your regular meals it can work, if you're cheating because of how much you miss shitty food it can still work but you're probably going to need a lot more discipline. I remember when I first got off the fatty train, like literally the day after I started, I went into Walmart to buy a birthday present, walked past the candy and smelled the gummi worms that used to be my favourite. Spent 30 minutes standing there debating getting them, then went home and stared at the ceiling for 3 hours thinking about how I wished I got them.

If you do that about disgusting macaroni sandwiches don't fucking eat them.
>>
>>36714466
how dio you have discipline to constantly not eat then ?
>>
What do you guys think about a 1k deficit?
>>
>>36715034
I don't know why it works, but it just does. It's like when I have a cheat day "built in' then I think "eh, one more won't hurt, ill take it from my cheat day and just eat less then" or "my cheat day IS tomorrow, snacking tonight won't hurt" etc. Etc.

but that NEVER works, of course. So I've just made myself stick to "no cheat days, whatsoever" so that there's not even the temptation of giving in.
>>
>>36715090
its what im doing, speeds things up, just keep your protein high and it should be no problem. Also IF if you don't want too much hunger issues.
>>
>>36715351
do you have refeed days?
>>
>>36713298
How much do you weight anon?
I consider that food and I'm around 120 lbs
>>
>>36713203
i love cheat meals
>>
>>36713203
Policy on Cheat Meals: fast for 36 hours after.

Why? Because one: you make up for the surplus (I'm assuming you're cutting) and two: fasting increases natty HGH production
>>
why is he wearing a sorority shirt?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.