[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to make brown rice taste good? I fucking hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Is there a way to make brown rice taste good?
I fucking hate the taste.
White rice you just add some garlic and oil and tastes delicious, but fuck this shit
>>
Mix your spices in better. Whether i eat white or brown, it tastes the same. All i add is garlic salt and pepper.
>>
>>36711022
Never understood why people hate brown rice taste. I actually prefer it. Same with oats with water, ever since I was a kid I would even ask mom etc to make it for me as a snack desert of some sort. Maybe I am weird.
>>
>>36711070
Matter of taste
What i also hate about brown rice is how long it takes to cook it.
>>
Cook it with chicken in it.
I just put chicken, salt, black pepper, REAL butter, and uncooked minced garlic cloves in it after it's done cooking.
Then on every other bite I put a little Sriracha hot sauce on it if I feel like it.
>>
>>36711070
Oats are better with whole milk desu senpai
>>
>>36711087
>T. I'm too lazy to cook a huge batch to freeze so I can later just microwave it when I want to eat it.
>>
>>36711022
Be hungry when you eat it

100% works m'man
>>
>>36711022
I like to put a little bit of cilantro and lime in mine.
>>
sriracha hot sauce is the key familia
>>
>>36711087
yeah, cooking time sucks, but you can presoak it like beans and it cooks faster.

About the taste - you can add some broth cubes containing msg, mushrooms, peppers, eggs, curry or whatever you like spices
>>
>>36711022
Yes. No matter what you do it tastes like shit
>>
>>36711022
1.Put a tbsp of butter or oil in a pan for each cup of brown rice you're cooking.
2. Sweat the rice in the oil until transparent, stir often.
3. Add 1.5 cups water for each cup of rice you put in and a studded onion, bring to the boil.
4. Let the rice stand for 10 minutes, add grilled seasonal veg, chicken or whatever else you like for variety.

It's not that hard anon, get to it.
>>
Cook it in chicken broth.
>>
>>36711022
>hating the taste of rice

srsly dude wtf is wrong with you

>what is salt
>what is soy sauce
>what is vegeta
>>
>>36711380
>what is vegeta
Brown rice tastes worse than normal white rice.
I mean if i add a can of tuna with olive oil then i can eat it because it basically tastes like tuna.
>>
Throw some chickin bouillon cubes in it. And some herbs
>>
>>36711398
imho brown rice tastes even better than white rice
>>
>>36711380
>What is soy sauce
>What is MSG
>>
>>36711022

I eat brown rice just made unseasoned with water every day. I add Sriracha and hot Chinese mustard with it and my chicken and it's never bland and doesn't get old for me. I'll add some kimchi or sautéed cabbage to mix it up here and there.
>>
Fuckin Sriracha or Braggs ftw
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.