[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girls, how do you deal with your girl friends when it comes to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (90 KB, 212x275) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90 KB, 212x275
Girls, how do you deal with your girl friends when it comes to losing weight/ nutrition? I talk about a normal diet, an suddenly I'm at risk of starvation mode. Counting calories magically only works for me, but they're sure that lemon water is the cure to their obesity. I just get constantly hit with Woman's World tier crap. The thing is, I want the women in my life to make it, but I don't know how to go about telling them they're delusional and guiding them towards the right path.
>>
>>36710937
Don't bother, they're long gone. Just keep doing your thing, they'll either come around or they won't, but you can't really do anything for them (unless you want to become their SO just so you can break it off whilst calling them whales, as that might give the necessary nudge to get them to start caring).

The majority of people are lazy and women are even lazier. You shouldn't be surprised that most of them just want to keep doing what they're already doing and change nothing.
>>
PCOS (obese women's excuse for being fat) only causes the person to retain about 10 pounds of water weight. So if they are 300+, they are just using it as an excuse to sit on their lazy butts.

Most of my friends actually have their shit together when it comes to nutrition, but one of them (an old high school friend who was always overweight) has went the HAES Tumblerina route.

As for advice, I would just give them a plethora of studies that show without a doubt that calories in vs. calories out is the only way. There have been experiments done by science teachers, etc. where they just ate twinkies for a few weeks and didn't gain any weight because they were still at a deficit.
>>
Prove them wrong
>>
>>36710937
haha
give up now or they will keep talking behind your back and you will lose friends
not a girl but male PT
best example
>female client lost nearly 50kgs
>two years of hard training and diet
>friends tell her she's lucky her genetics allow her to lose weight
>told them about training and counting calories
>"we tried but it doesn't work for us"
> hurr durr genetics bs
>she felt isolated
>quit training
>have her on fb
>posts lots of photos with her friends
>hasn't put all the weight back on but I worry
>>
>>36710937
>I want the women in my life to make it
Sadly they don't want to you to make it. They want you to stay at their level so you don't make them look bad.
>>
>>36711027
This. Do your own thing and don't try to be the hero. They aren't worth your help
>>
Do your own thing. As time passes and you start getting results people might come up and ask you for advice. Then you will tell them your thoughts. It's hard to change the minds of people that aren't open to such discussion.
>>
File: losing weight, lbs.png (69 KB, 1675x643) Image search: [Google]
losing weight, lbs.png
69 KB, 1675x643
>>36710937
Proving them wrong is really the best thing to do, and you do that by being fit, but remember that no one likes competition.

I had a lil cancer a few years ago, I also have PCOS and asthma. I'm ~20% bf so with all my 'credentials' plus my slight lifting and running base make most people at least consider what I say.
But remember, it's 100% up to the person alone to change
>>
>>36710937
Just that everybody knows it: This semen demon is not only a Suicide Girl but a camwhore, too.
>>
>>36711169
Who is she?
>>
>>36711267
Coralinne on SG, PetiteMarie on myfreecams.
Also, camshowdownloads.com/VqcwSH/model/myfreecams/PetiteMarie
>>
>>36710937
I gave up. Speaking about anything weight/nutrition related makes them really touchy so I steer clear from those subjects. I dont speak about exercise either, even though lifting and cycling are now my major hobbies. They start to get quite arsy because they just uninterested, theyd much rather talk about their hobbies which involves baking.

I wish I could find a gymbro sis to talk about these things and just general encouragement.

>tfw you will never have a qt friend to compare quads with in the locker room

Why live brah
>>
>>36710937
Real friends would support you and join because they care. what you have is crabs in a bucket mentality women. I cut people like this out of my life and found friends at the gym and in new fit hobbies.

Don't get fooled by the sunk cost fallacy, especially people who try to bring you down when you want to be better.
>>
Women are mentally retarded. Don't bother.
>>
>>36711080
Best advice. I'm a girl and also would like to help my friends out, they tend to listen more when you can show your results. When they tell you the crazy bullshit they read you can add in facts you know. Don't say they're wrong just be like, you can eat anything as long as you stay in calorie deficit/other tips. Take it as your turn to share your information. If they ever mention you're looking good you can tell them how you did and and say you could help them.
>>
>>36711360
thanks mang!
>>
File: Untitled.png (796 KB, 1061x556) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
796 KB, 1061x556
a lot of weird stuff here, women talk about exercise around me a lot and i usually go on and on about how excersising is great and what not.

caring about whether they get upset or not tho if you dive into the field of calories and fat burning is not your regard, their emotions are meaningless towards you, especially if your meanings are in good thought.

tl;dr talk about fitness related stuff however you'd like to girls, in good thought.
>>
>>36710937
I don't have many friends. I'm the type that would rather be alone most of the time. The female friends I've had in the past either turned out to be red flags or moved away. My family were the ones who gave me shit for getting fit. My mom was an overgrown child who never learned to keep her hand out of the cookie jar, she turned me into a fat kid my entire childhood, and now my sister is a fat unhappily married adult. I don't care who they are, if they start acting toxic I cut them out or my life. Haven't talked to family in 5+ years, never been happier and more fit. Op I suggest you do the same. Don't hang out wih people because you're desperate not to be alone, cut them out if they're toxic. Learn to be happy with yourself and the rest will follow
>>
>>36710981
I have Pcos and I'm 35-25-36 @ 5'7. Pcos is no excuse for being fat. The key to Pcos is using your increased natural testosterone levels to build muscle better than normies, and in doing so increasing your bmr. I build muscle faster than some guys
>>
>>36711967
>>36711997
Also wanted to add when my sis got fat as an adult after being fit as a kid, and I became fit as an adult after being the fat kid, my mother sudden says its because I'm "genetically built smaller"- mind you I'm the sister who has Pcos, the genetic trait that she fostered in me by freding me shit my entire childhood ( and that I have to deal with the rest of my life). Parents can be more toxic than friends , Harder to escape too
>>
>>36711997
I don't understand measurements.

weight please
>>
>>36711027
>They want you to stay at their level so you don't make them look bad.

Girls that really want you start going to the gym if you do. If they don't it's because they are willing to lose you.
>>
>>36711873
I noticed that my old coworkers would purposely avoid talking about weight exercise etc. Around me. They were short fat Mexican girls who made all kinds of assumptions because I was a fit white girl. The irony is I'd probably have some of the beat advice for them if they actually talked to me without getting immediately offended for no reason, considering I was fat until I was 19-20 years old and lost it completely on my own. Mind you the one girl was so crazy insecure about her fat she would imagine me calling her fat all the time for no reason-her - "did you just call me fat?!" Me- "no I asked if you could pass the milk". Shit like that on a daily basis. They never actually took the time to find out I had been fat longer than they had and just judged me in silence instead
>>
>>36711681
Eghhh. I've lost about 25 lbs look super hella skinny and people just assume it's because I don't. They think I got this way because I starve myself so I don't bother. Like fuck it , the females in my life are all fat and have no interest in losing weight. they're content being fat and I understand being fat is easier than being skinny. So honestly until they actually come to me and prove they're willing to lose weight and do it my way, the right way through counting calories and not no bullshit ass diet and they seem like they're committed to a weight loss journey I'm good

I don't like helping people with weight loss because they don't really want to lose weight. they want to be skinny but don't want to put in the work. That used to be my issue. I didn't think weight loss or eating healthy was a life time change and commitment. Now that I know it is my journey has been great been able to keep the weight off. These people don't want to do the work or put in work. They don't have the dedication, drive, or willpower to do it

They wanna lose the weight quickly. Think they can drop the weight quickly then once they've lost it go right back to their shitty eating habits because LoLz diet ova

Fuck em. Do you
>>
>>36711997
I have PCOS, 34-24-38, but I'm c. 140lbs at 5ft tall. I do build muscle ridiculously easily but I don't like it, because I don't like the bulky legged look.

I used to be anorexic/bulimic. Everybody told me if I just ate 'like a normal person' I'd be fine. I'm still trying to find out what normal is. I used to do 8 hours of straight cardio a week then even /fit/ said that was excessive. I don't even know wtf to do because I don't abuse laxatives/make myself puke anymore, I don't eat all day then have a tuna steal for dinner or go days without eating and people tell me if I don't eat more I won't be able to lose weight.

>More than 30lbs overweight
>Telling me to eat MORE

I feel sabotaged by the eating disorder unit and everyone around me but at the same time heart was failing and I was
hallucinating so I don't know what to listen to. I just want a happy medium, which is what everybody wants I guess.
>>
>>36712110
*don't eat
>>
>>36712060
I don't own a scale and haven't owned one in years. Measurements are much more accurate than weight. You can Google those measurements to get an idea I guess. Weight is just a bad way to guess what someone looks like, unless they're like 200 lbs
>>
>>36710937
Sauce?
>>
>>36712131
I don't understand google

link please
>>
>>36712118
With those measurements it sounds like you're storing a lot of fat in your lower body, which at least is healthier. I also went through an anorexia phase of eat 500 Cal or less day. That's actually why I don't own a scale anymore and just go by measurements. I also try to avoid getting too anal about calories. 8 hours of working out a week isn't too much, I do about that much now, and even more when I'm not busy studying. I don't know you well enough to give proper advice, but it sounds like you need to identify what particularly triggers anxiety and anorexic thoughts and try to mitigate those - like I did wih getting rid of my scale. Keep working out though, and use a tape measured or something to track yourself with. If you have access to therapy it can help
>>
>>36711027
This. Sad part is when it's family.

My mother loves to sabatoge my weight loss journey and make snide comments and remarks about how I won't make it.

>family comes into town for Easter
>anytime I eat something mom goes "are you supposed to eat that", " are you still counting calories"
>tfw I pigged out in front of fat family while small as hell and didn't gain any weight back from a weekend of cheating with them

Felt good. Man I just wish people would keep there comments to themselves about people's weight loss journey. Nothing they say is ever really helpful or encouraging. A lot of its rooted in jealousy
>>
>>36712145
>I don't understand Google
I'm not sure if you're trying to troll, or?
>>
>>36712118
Count calories then you can rest easy knowing you're not eating too much or too little.
>>
>>36712144
>>36711360
>>
>>36710937
So attractive and yet she has RUINED her body with those tattoos. Why.
>>
>>36712557
You don't know what you're talking about. Tattoos are GOAT.
>>
>>36712557

Maybe shes got issues expressing herself through normal means. Or maybe attracting basement dwellers like you isn't her top priority
>>
>>36712206
My mother always insists that I'm too skinny when I'm still heavy. When I was at the peak of fitness, she asked if I was anorexic. She never asked if I was anorexic when I was actually anorexic though.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.