[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a bad idea to eat bacon every single day? I lift/run 6x
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 4787309_IMG_6003-2.jpg (161 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
4787309_IMG_6003-2.jpg
161 KB, 640x960
Is it a bad idea to eat bacon every single day?
I lift/run 6x times a week and I'm quite fit, not a beginner or a fatass.

Simply speaking, I love bacon and it's a decent source of additional calories and proteins.
>>
Bacon is a known carcinogen and a surefire way to clog your arteries.

That said I love the stuff and will never not eat it, so go for it if you're comfortable with the risks.
>>
Koreans eat pork belly almost everday. The lack of responses could only mean /fit is fill of Jews and Arabs.
>>
Depends how much you eat a day really.
>>
I know it's terrible for me, but I will never quit eating it because it tastes too damn good. Same shit with coffee bruhs
>>
>>36710797
no, no particular reason as long as you don't eat like 1 lb of it a day, the salt will not do you any favours. you'll get fed up of it pretty quickly if you have it every day though. and obviously grilled isn't as bad for you as fried, and like >>36710864 said it is a carcinogen, so if you like your bacon to be cremated it's not healthy at all.
>>
Enjoy your cancer OP
>>
>>36710864
>everything is a known carcinogen, having a higher BMI due to muscle is known to increase risk of cancer, high amounts of muscle is known to increase cancer, eating more than 1500 calories is known to increase cancer, anything that increases the input:output of the human body causes cancer.
>news needs views so lets mention cancer without a reasonable context to get people to click links, share on facebook and talk about the latest mom science

Its just a fatty cut of meat. Fatty meats were the meal of choice for 100,000 years of human evolution.
>>
I eat bacon, avocados, butter, and fatty beef everyday.
6'2" 140 pounds. Trying to get to 130-135.
>>
>>36711634
you're trying to cut at 6'2" 140? what?
>>
>>36711626
>Fatty meats were the meal of choice for 100,000 years of human evolution.

And these people lived to an average age of 27 so I don't think they had to select foods based on cancer concerns. Modern lifespans require modified diets. For overall longevity, health and quality of life, vegetarian diets are the way to go.
>>
>>36711708
Yah. I started at 130, bulked to 150, decided I didn't like being big ,and now I'm trying to achieve SLP-mode again.
Any tips on reducing quad and hamstring size?
>>
>>36711755
nice bait

>>36711520
>>36711579
not much, probably around 100g, because it goes well with eggs
>>
> " oh go vegan, you don't want to get cancer and arthritis and clogged arteries and blah blah blah it's bad for you!!! Think of the bunnies!!!"

> " I'm such a man, I eat nothing but fatty, salty meat all day!!! Your T levels won't go anyware without gorging yourself on bacon!!!"

It's something called moderation. Eat lots of vegetables, fruits, fish, and nuts, and once in a while (really no more than twice a month, for me) cook some meat and eat that. Workout, go running, and your arteries will be fine and the saturated fats won't build up, if you eat a moderate-smallish amount of meat.

And to answer your question OP, yes eating bacon everyday will have bad side effects. Pork is a very fatty meat, and eating it everyday will fuck up your body. Find a different food to eat for breakfast. Personally, I find a bowl of oatmeal with some fruits and juice is the healthiest breakfast.
>>
>>36710797
Yes it's haram and eating it will make you enter hellfire
>>
>>36711861
>6'2 150lb "Big"

You're probably not 6'2 because 150 at 6'2 is scrawny af. You probably just got skinnyfat. The ideal weight for someone 6'2 is 185-200
>>
>>36712056
Friendo, I did not get skinnyfat. I ate very clean, and focused on compound lifts.
>>
eggs and bacon is MANDATORY for my breakfast
such a good combo
>>
>>36711984
>a bowl of oatmeal with some fruits and juice

Eating so many carbs in the morning would totally fuck me up. I'd piss away like half of the glucose within an hour.
>>
>>36710797
A friend of mine was a fairly serious decathlete and competed on a national level and he ate bacon every day, obviously as fit as one can be on a ton of different measurements. He ate bacon every day and turned out he had unhealthy levels of cholesterol and he's since dropped the habit
>>
>>36711626
>>36711626
Paleofag pls go
>>
>>36712474
>decathlete
>probably eats a copious amount of carbs
>probably carb loads before every race
>blames the high cholesterol on bacon
>>
people who say meat causes cancer, please look at history. people have been eating meat for centuries and dying of other causes. meat itself isnt the problem. the problems are the way the meat is produced, and the fact that there are hundreds of other cancer causing interactions in all of the food/water/airwaves. none of these studies 'proving' meat causes cancer definitively take into account all of the other risk factors and there are literally thousands. blame the modern society with dangerous chemicals, gmo food and radiation, and the horrid meat production methods.
>>
>>36710797
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icOD7hxUGI8
>>
>>36711755
>Average of of 27

Factually untrue. Average Life Expectancy has always hovered around 60 years once you account for Infant Mortality.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.