[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gym exhaustion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 720x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 720x350
So /fit, yesterday something fucking weird happened. I tried out a new gym circuit of doing 10 minutes of intense cardio and then doing a lot of weight. I completed this circuit 3 times.
So as I was on my third and final circuit, I was doing shoulders and suddenly I felt like my arms could barely move and I had no control over them and I tried to breath in and I felt as if no oxygen was actually being absorbed by my bloodstream. What could of causes this and what the fuck happened ? This was the hardest workout I ever did so was it just exhaustion ? After that happened I drank some water and left. Was it just exhaustion or something more ? Would it of been safe to ignore this and keep working out ?
I am a male 6,1 170 pounds 19 years old.
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
>>36710468
> I felt as if no oxygen was actually being absorbed by my bloodstream.

Congratulations, it's not even 9 am but I'm positive that was the most retarded thing I'll read today
>>
>>36710406
Stop doing cardio while doing heavy weight. Do the weightlifting first the. Then cardio after your workout. Lucky you didnt pass out
>>
>>36710530
Thanks for the advice, I didn't actually know it was dangerous, it's just I swear the most when I use this specific workout
>>
>>36710494
Fuck off, the oxygen gets absorbed in your blood inside of the lungs
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 638x645) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 638x645
>10 minutes of intense cardio and then doing a lot of weight
That sounds colossally fucking dumb

cardio should be of moderate intensity over a long period of time

"10 minutes of intense cardio" sounds enormously stupid
>>
>>36710627
>my amateur hour self diagnosed "oxygen isnt getting absorbed into my bloodstream"-ism is totally legitamite
I'm not a doctor, and won't claim to know whether or not that is what happened to you, but experience dictates that usually when people say "I think this is what's happening with my body" they're usually miles off the mark. I would guess that "oxygen getting absorbed into your bloodstream" isn't a process that just randomly fucking stops, like that isn't how the human body works, at all.
>>
>>36710712
">I felt as if no oxygen was actually being absorbed by my bloodstream"
I said that's how I felt, no where in space and time did I factually say no oxygen was being absorbed into the bloodstream. I simply assumed your IQ was high enough for you to understand I felt breathless. However you proved me wrong.
>>
>>36710406
Stop doing crossfit. You're gonna get injured, especially doing shoulders in that state. It's easy to injure shoulders, and even more so when you're doing intense cardio beforehand.
>>
>>36710822
>I said that's how I felt
Yeah but "how you felt" is in no way indicative of what was actually happening.

One time I told a doctor that I thought my blood pressure was extremely high because of how stressful my job is, he politley explained that I'm retarded and that's not how blood pressure works.

Whatever. Just stop exercising like a fucking dumbass and whatever you're feeling will go away.
>>
>>36710406
Surprisd faggot, your muscles get exhausted. Try doing 4-5 different chest exercises, each 5x5, and then doing push ups.
It's almost scary how nothing happens even though you try your hardest.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.