[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intermittent Fasting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: BMI.jpg (61 KB, 557x439) Image search: [Google]
BMI.jpg
61 KB, 557x439
Sup /fit/

I'm 6 ft, 98kg, I've been lifting for about 1 and a half years. I've made some decent muscle gains but I'm still overweight.

I've had a few friends tell me about intermittent fasting and I've seen a few videos on the internet about it.

I was wondering if any of you guys have done it? And what was your experience like? Is it worth doing? I'm aiming to lose 15-20kg.
>>
>>36709888
bump
>>
File: IF.jpg (3 MB, 5668x3760) Image search: [Google]
IF.jpg
3 MB, 5668x3760
I'm only about 3 weeks into it but I've lost maybe 1-2 kgs (from 92-90). During that same time period I have been lifting for 45mins 3xweek as well, so I might have put on a few grams of muscle too.

I've read some studies that show that fasting every once in a while may have benefits, but I don't know if I prefer it before just eating less cals overall..

In order to stay not hungry I have to drink lots of water and tea/coffee, which doesn't feel natural.

Sure, you enjoy the food more if you wait for it, but you won't feel as relaxed as normal if you're feeling hungry all day.

You can always just eat less calorie dense food.

Heres a small piece of what little documentation I have of my journey. The loss of fat is barely noticeable imo, but I do see some difference.
>>
>inb4 permafats come and tell how it's "starving yourself"

Yes, it works but you really should try instead of asking unaware faggots.
>>
File: 234235234.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
234235234.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>36711287
Ah, sweet. nice man.

I've just come off of ICF, and I'm doing a brosplit 5-7 days a week.

I really don't have a problem with not eating throughout the day, because I'm extremely busy and it's not really always convenient for me but thanks for the input. It's only been three weeks, just keep at it.

This is where I am at the moment
>>
>6'2, 200lbs is overweight
why is the world full of such dyel faggots, I don't look overweight at all
>>
>>36711484
I don't think it's (BMI) really always an accurate measure, probably doesn't account for things like bone density... build or whatever else
>>
I have scoliosis, and over the last 5 years have shrunk by 2 inches.

Do I still follow these charts at my original height, or my new height?
>>
when did IF become a normie thing?
>>
>>36711510
bmi is from WWI when everyone was a hungry skeleton.
>>
>>36711512
I actually don't know
>>
>>36711512
original.
>>
File: food.png (871 KB, 1824x914) Image search: [Google]
food.png
871 KB, 1824x914
I'm doing it right now. I was working at the gym for 2 months, working at losing weight and I'll admit that my diet wasn't that great. I allowed myself Chinese food on the weekends and a day of junk food on Friday. In 2 months my weight went from 155 to 152 lbs. Terrible.

Now I'm doing intermittent fasting. I had actually done it before during winter, and I had gone from 192 to 175 lbs. So I've had success.

I find it easier. Don't you get that something when you're hungry, you get so hungry to the point you're not even hungry any more? Thats how I usually feel. Its easier for me to eat 1 big meal in one day, than to eat a measured breakfast and then a measured dinner. Its also more difficult to resist breaking my diet.

The only down side to fasting is that you're less energetic, less motivated. Right now its raining, even snowed a little, and that put me off from going to the gym today.

Also, fuck captcha
>>
>>36711577
Exactly my point, I don't feel like I have the time or the energy to really focus on measuring meals out like that. I'm sure if I hit my macros during my feasting period I'll be fine though.

I've heard with IF though that eventually hunger symptoms fuck off and cravings disappear.
>>
Just a tip that worked for me:

In the beginning I was saying ''oh ok only eat again after 24 hours. Nice.'' Then I proceed to spend the entire day thinking about food and how many hours until I could eat. Thats a wrong approach. You eat then you deny food until the time you are allowed to eat again. DETACH yourself from eating/food and realized theres more in life. Learn to enjoy all the other things you have going, and if food comes to your mind or you see someone eating and get a sudden urge to eat, remember that you don't need it to be happy. The key to succeed is denial.

I'm not a fatass, I've been under normal weight my entire life. IF helped me because I used to binge eat during exams and that not healthy even though I didn't get fat.
>>
>>36711510
Go to the library and get any anthropometry book written after the 80's and you gonna see it has many flaws. The best way to tell if you need to change something is looking in the mirror. We are very good at telling what is health and not, despite this mainstream body acceptance.
>>
>>36711459
I wish you good luck man, I'll keep at it until I reach about 15% bf.
>>
It doesn't work, kinobody is on juice, stop being a gullible fucktard
>>
>>36711287
all you did was lower your pants, there is 0 progress
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.