[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is using a belt cheating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 8472-8473-8474_xlg[1].jpg (56 KB, 515x338) Image search: [Google]
8472-8473-8474_xlg[1].jpg
56 KB, 515x338
I'm now in the point that I'm increasing my squat with proper form, but now that the loads are getting heavier I feel that my core start getting fatigued in the middle of the session.

I start using a proper belt and now I can squat better since I can focus easily on my lower body and my core embrace harder.

But I'm concerned if this is going to be unproductive or risky.

My actual squat is 245lbs.

What do you think, /fit/?
>>
>>36705877

Use one once you start to feel like you need them. I used to be like you, my squat was at 275x5 and my deadlift was at 335x5. Then I started using a belt. I had a test day yesterday and squatted 450 and deadlifted 515. Obviously you'll still need to work your abs and lower back separately, at least once or twice a week each.
>>
>>36705912

Also for reference those previous squat and deadlift numbers are from about a year ago.
>>
>>36705912
>>36705922
Thanks anon.

So planks are a good way to increase core strength?
>>
if your being held back by your core, I'd recommend you get an ab wheel as well a belt.
>>
>>36705950
Front squat my man
>>
Do the Scooby Rotisserie Core on off days.
>>
yer i would say a belt is ok to use. but don't use it all the time. only when you feel u need to.

like i use a belt on 5x5 but only after my second set when im going heavy. otherwise i leave the belt in my gym bag.
>>
>>36705950
>>36705950

Paralette training and gymnastic rings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO0csykBkho
>>
Fun fact: using a belt increases abdominal activation.
>>
Belt raises the volume you can lift AND actually trains your core more

ask yourself if your goal is to make progress or if it's try to impress people with your unequipped max every time you squat

use a belt
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.