[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chalk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Chalk-Deadlift.jpg (139 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Chalk-Deadlift.jpg
139 KB, 620x349
Anyone use liquid grip stuff like Dry Hands or Liquid Grip? I'm having trouble deadlifting 275 and it's partially my grip (still need more strength in general) ... thinking I'd chalk up to remove that from the equation.
The liquid stuff is supposed to be less messy than loose chalk right?

I've seen the chalk-filled balls for rock climbers ... but I think that still makes dust.
>>
yeah thats around when i started using chalk, deads at 365 now, do whatever it takes babe right
>>
Who gives a shit about mess and dust, it's not me who vaccums the gym floor.
>>
Less messy for sure hard to just come off and doesn't leave a lot or any residue on the bar. It also lasts a whole workout if you don't vigorously scrub it off. Downside is i don't feel like it actually improves grip like normal chalk does. Just stops the bar slipping.

I started using liquid chalk around 350ish. I've pulled as much as 4 plates and been fine grip wise so far ymmv.
>>
If you gym allows chalk just get chalk.
>>
>>36704583
Sometimes I clean my gym and it is fucking infuriating watching assblasters like you flap chalk all over the goddamn place like a fucking retard who can't even control his own body, usually getting twice as much on the floor as on your hands. I'll smash your faggot head in.
>>
>>36704617

Blow me.
>>
File: 61zb9TA4SML._SL1200_.jpg (99 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
61zb9TA4SML._SL1200_.jpg
99 KB, 1200x1200
>>36704617

As a gym cleaner, do you think the rock climber chalk ball would be the way to go?
>>
>>36704596
>I started using liquid chalk around 350ish. I've pulled as much as 4 plates and been fine grip wise so far ymmv.

hmm, maybe I'll deload and get some more reps in before I flip the chalk card
>>
Yeah it's pretty good shit. I just make my own though. Just mix chalk in with a bottle of rubbing alcohol.
>>
>>36704717
what ratio?
>>
use wraps. they are $12
>>
>>36704596
so does liquid chalk help the same with sweaty palms? I'm not lifting much, but my hands will sometimes get really sweaty so the bar becomes extra hard to hold on to for any lift.
>>
File: 9thpi0x.jpg (82 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
9thpi0x.jpg
82 KB, 580x580
>>36704553

> cares about being messy
>>
seems early for chalk. I have trouble hitting 315x5 with double overhand no assistance, but no problem with mixed grip. I used chalk for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago and hit 415x1 without trouble where I normally had a little issues with my hands.
>>
>>36705083
That's literally what chalk is intended for, you fucking retard.
In case you didn't understand that: Yes, chalk helps with sweaty palms.
>>
>ignoring the root of the problem
your grip is pussy-bitch weak

work on making it stronger. i only use chalk during long sets or monkey bar shit when my hands are getting sweaty.
>>
>>36705220
That's what I thought, but /fit/ is always making it seem like a thing you don't start using till your lifts get heavy. Making it out to be a thing to help with grip and such. As nearly every reply in this thread has done.
>>
>>36705246
And in case >>36705220 is too stupid to understand the implication there, by grip I mean grip strength, or lack there of. Not that your hands are sweaty and your grip slips - which is not the same as a lack of grip strength.
>>
>>36705132
>>36705221

Noted. Thanks for the reality check, bros.
>>
>>36705306
if your gym has fat bars do pullups on those. kettlebell farmers carries, crushgrip machines, and holding your last rep for deadlift in the up for 10 seconds are good ways to increase strength
>>
>>36704658
literally just put chalk in an old sock, why is this even a fucking product?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.