[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/. I've started getting pain in my front delt since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: 1460032770421.gif (2 MB, 255x188) Image search: [Google]
1460032770421.gif
2 MB, 255x188
Sup /fit/.
I've started getting pain in my front delt since I added boxing in my workout some weeks ago.
My weekly schedule looks like
Rest
Boxing
Boxing
Rest
Push
Pull
Legs

Since i'm not soliciting my shoulders for 2 days (legs+rest) in a row ,I thought it would be okay but I can barely keep up the second day because of my shoulders.
I've been going really heavy with my push and pull days. I use compound lifts ,so OHP ,bench press ,Rows ,weighted pull ups ,deadlift and squats as the main components of my routine
Used to be able to do 5 days in a row boxing 2 years ago before I had to stop and picked up lifting more seriously. I think I may be overworking my delts with heavy lifts and don't want to risk an injury.
What do you think /fit/ ? I'd like to keep the current schedule without moving boxing. Should I change my exercises ? Or Is it probably a form problem on pull day (my opinion) that just damage my delt ?
Also boxing thread if someone wants to talk about it
>>
File: 1458891870802.jpg (63 KB, 618x849) Image search: [Google]
1458891870802.jpg
63 KB, 618x849
Bump.
Please I don't want to lose my shoulder
Have a qt
>>
>I think I may be overworking my delts with heavy lifts and don't want to risk an injury

anon you literally have the answer to your own problems, but you don't want to listen

just take it easy you are not a fucking machine
>>
>>36703659
stop doing flat barbell bench entirely. puts way too much strain on posterior delt. do neutral grip dumbbell bench press with your arms 45 degrees from your chest at most

make sure you're benching with correct form. retract the fucking scapula.

stretch your delts with band shoulder dislocations.

work rotator cuff muscles with horizontal external rotation.

make sure your routine balances horizontal push with pull
>>
File: 1453784278221.jpg (60 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
1453784278221.jpg
60 KB, 500x503
>>36703987
Yeah that's why I want to talk about it. To find alternative.
What would be a good alternative to bent over rows(probably with bad form)/OHP/Bench press ,since I feel they are the one that tires down my delt a lot ?
>>36704183
I'll probably ditch flat bench for decline bench.
When you mean horizontal push ,do you mean exercises in the similar fashion of bench press (where the barbell/dumbell is parrallel to the floor) ? Then yeah i'm definitely lagging behind with horizontal pulls ,even tho I try to work my back delts with pace pulls and all
>>
>>36704251
yeah. balance bench with rows and ohp with pull ups. rows shouldnt be hurting your front delt unless you're doing them way too heavy and you can't even hold your body straight. i would lift lighter and compensate with more reps
>>
File: pendlay-row.png (670 KB, 757x377) Image search: [Google]
pendlay-row.png
670 KB, 757x377
>>36704303
>rows shouldnt be hurting your front delt unless you're doing them way too heavy
Yeah I do pendlay rows. Maybe working out alone (I used to work out with my sis) may have given me bad habits . Currently doing 5x5 ,will lower to a 4x8 or 4x10. Any row variation that are less likely to be cheated with the front delts you have in mind ?
>>
File: 1458275300538.jpg (90 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1458275300538.jpg
90 KB, 500x650
Bump. Still would like more disscussion and recommendation. Since it's /fit/ i'll post
>No homo
instead of qt
>>
>>36703659
I think you would benefit more by doing a more athletic instead of a bodybuilding program. Defranco's Built like a bad ass has a cardio component which you could switch out with boxing. i.e. switching 1.5km run with 35 minutes of intensive boxing. The pain in your front delt, is probably from your lack of rest after doing intensive cardio + weightlifting.

If you want another program which includes more days to lift in, westside for skinny bastards is probably better.
>>
>>36704599
I forgot to mention Defranco's Built Like a Badass routine is for an intermediate lifter.
>>
File: 1443180113946.jpg (100 KB, 1125x1038) Image search: [Google]
1443180113946.jpg
100 KB, 1125x1038
>>36704599
>>36704625
The defranco built like a badass looks very interesting. Really a mix between lifting and more cardio/endurance oriented sports like boxing. Thanks m8 that's fantastic advice.

I really like to lift so that would be a great routine for me. Thanks a lot m8
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.