[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social Gains/Hobbies and lifestyle tips for men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: mfw.jpg (48 KB, 634x422) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
48 KB, 634x422
What's up /fit/.

Feeling pretty down about my current place in life, and seeking your wisdom:

What are some hobbies and lifestyle changes one should go about pursuing to help further themselves as men and find satisfaction in life?

How does one go about making friends and acquiring a gf?

>How does one become alpha?

Thanks in advance, guys.
>>
>>36702909
Besides lifting? I do BJJ and long distance running with a running group, I also do yoga with a group. Great ways to meet people.
As for meeting a girl, honestly as cliche as it sounds, the best way to meet a girl is to not really be looking. Just focus on being friendly and confident with everyone, focus on making friends, get good at joking around with the person who works at a grocery store, just focus on being friendly and confident, it's about energy.
Women want a guy who is ok with being single,they dont want a guy who is looking for a girlfriend.
>>
>>36702909
yoga. no joke. don't worry about being alpha, be genuine
>>
>>36702943
>>36702947

Thanks for the advice friends.
>>
I play hockey.

I started playing a year and a half ago. For all my life it was a sport I just played on videogame consoles.

Here are a few concepts/ideas that have helped me on this journey:

-The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.

This probably just sounds like a "cool" quote but it helped me pick up the sport I liked and a reason to get in shape. We can do just about anything, I'm nearly the same guy I was 2 years ago, just skinnier and in much better shape. It's all in your head.

-The least you should worry about is "how is this going to be perceived around me" I lived way too deep in this situation I nearly did all my things just because of what felt right. What would make the least noise or simply put "comfort".

-Put your fucking face out there. It sounds silly but it's honestly the way to go. Go face first into every step, every second of your life. Put your face out there and be like "hello this is anon. what's up". People who like it will stick around. People who don't, they will make sure not to see you around too often.

By putting your face out there I mean like "this is me, deal with it" you can't move away from the world. You can't vanish, you have the right to go to a class of whatever or a local park and just be there, nobody means anything against you. And if they do, you're way over that. Women simply look for guys who won't shit their pants and start acting all nervous after exchanging 5 words. Play with women, be cheeky, be witty, ironic, just have a chuckle at every opportunity. Nobody has barriers against a chuckling, laid back dude.
>>
>>36702943
This nigga speaking the truth boai
>>
get a simple whittling kit from flexcut and a slash proof glove.

get some limewood blanks.

enjoy your hobby
>>
>>36702909
>How does one go about making friends and acquiring a gf?

Make people feel good about themselves. Look them in the eye, compliment them, listen to them talk about themselves. Be great to be around and people will want to be around you.
>>
Not OP but these tips are actually REALLY good bits of advise!
Thanks bros,
Time to make some friends.
>>
>>36703333
Instructions unclear.
Compliments in eye.
Listens around myself.
Please advise.
>>
>>36703215
>>36702943
>>36703333
>hello redit
get the fuck outta here
>>
>>36702943
Truth being spoken right here. Every major relationship I've had was when I was not looking for one and heavily invested in personal pursuits.

It sounds weird, but it's one of those true things in life. I will add, however, don't give up your personal goals and ambitions for a woman though (especially if one shows interest or whatever). The accomplishment of your goals will last longer than what is likely to be a temporary romance.
>>
Join a sports team. You'll see the same people 2-3 times a week and they normally have social events.
>>
>>36702909
I wanted to push myself to the limit so I joined the army. You dont need to go to that extreme but join a club or do something you enjoy as long as it is a social/ group thing.
You dont have to like the first thing you do so if you dont fit in at one thing then try again at something else.
>>
>>36702909
is this that pharmaceuticals nigger from the news?

fuck that guy
>>
>>36703333
chekd
>>
>>36702909
>mfw going to a party tomorrow and terrified since I do literally nothing apart from uni and going to the gym
>>
>>36702909
I go spearfishing, climb, underwater photgraphy, go out clubbing, go pub.
>>
>>36703985
if I would live near an ocean or at least a nice lake scuba diving would be the first thing I would pick up
>>
>>36704014
I think scuba is overrated. But it feels like suffocating to me.

t. Kayaker
>>
>>36703982
Just be yourself.
>>
>>36704124
;)
>>
>>36703333
THIS THIS THIS

It makes people feel really good when you make them feel important. If you haven't already, read "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. Worked wonders for my conversation skills and made me feel so much better about social situations.
>>
>>36704124

kekpost
>>
>>36702943
this is good advice
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.