[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adipowers vs Romaleos: which to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1433260284160.jpg (279 KB, 1255x1600) Image search: [Google]
1433260284160.jpg
279 KB, 1255x1600
I really dont care about your opinion on specs-just give it to me cut and dry: adipower or rommaleos
>>
>>36701745
they're both good
romaleos are wider through the foot if you have wide feet. adipowers are thinner.
>>
>>36701745

romaleos
>>
>>36701745
"I'm too fucking lazy and insecure to make up my own mind"
-OP
>>
File: vDUERX7.jpg (167 KB, 484x669) Image search: [Google]
vDUERX7.jpg
167 KB, 484x669
check'd
I've been scoping the adis
>>
Adipowers are more aesthetic desu
>>
I want to buy some Romaleos. My Do-Wins are falling apart now.

Where's the cheapest place to buy online in the US?
>>
>>36701766
>>36701799

Dubs thread?
>>
>>36701745
Romaloes
/thread
>>
Romaleos feel 1000x better than Adipowers, feels heavier and more connected to the ground, feels much better for front squats for me at least
>>
>>36702030

go on ebay there is listings up already

but just check everday, if a new one pops up add it to your watch list
>>
>>36701799
Check'd back. Damn I love big titties on little bodies
>>
>>36702180

this is how i got mine for only £65. brand new aswell
>>
>>36701745

>fly on left calf

Gross.
>>
I cut off about 35% length off the top straps on my Romaleos 2

Theyre my first lifting shoes, and its like night & day difference squatting in them compared to typical runners or barefoot......but I don't know if I can honestly recommend a pair of lifting shoes that was like $300 for me (in australia) that I had to do DIY adjustments to....in order to not be annoying.

I ignored it for the first 6 months I had the shoes but I just couldn't handle it anymore. That top strap is really poorly designed. way too fucking long.
>>
Go to the store and try em out, ask to use their customer squat rack.
>>
>>36701745
Romaleos. I got a pair of Adipowers, but they are narrow as fuck, my feet were killing me after using them. I returned them and got Romaleos, I have never been happier with a shoe purchase.
>>
File: 1394092229746.jpg (41 KB, 477x720) Image search: [Google]
1394092229746.jpg
41 KB, 477x720
Can someone explain the geometry of lifting shoes compared to a normal flat-footed lifting method?

Seems counter intuitive to have shoes with a downward slope when you're usually trying to keep your force coming from your heels.

Or does the angle increase the lateral component of the force against the heel?

Pls help I don't understand
>>
>>36704530
the raised heel allows your knees to travel forward further, an increase in ankle dorsiflexion. This make you quicker in the catch positions as you can get lower before a stretch reflex kicks in. Many professional olympic lifters practice without shoes occasionally.

the angle is like 15 degrees (i think, its a half inch to full inch heel usually), it's like squatting with plates under your heels. It doesn't lower the effect of explosive forces etc through the heel as the angle is really pretty slight.

you understand now yeah?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.