[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you never got hurt working out, you arent working out hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: gui.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
gui.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
If you never got hurt working out, you arent working out hard enough

Heard someone say this at the gym today true or not?
>>
Not true, don't be a retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>36699997
Use common sense OP

What the fuck do you think?

Does that sound like a rational statement to you?
>>
>>36700014
Yes actually.
At some point you would injure youself, even if only minor
>>
>>36699997
Not true, and btw there is auch a thing a too hard, know your limits if you want to keep working out more than half a decade
>>
>>36699997
yeah man if you don't go to snap city or get at least 5 hernias within your first month of working out you will not make it
>>
bullshit

that dumb mentality is why i'll have permanent shoulder issues
>>
>>36700023
And did that prove that you were working out hard enough?
>>
>>36700069
Not that guy. But it doesn't directly prove that you are working out "hard enough"

But at the end of the day.. People who work out hard WILL hurt themselves eventually. It's just a matter of time. So if you've been going to the gym for years and never hurt yourself then you obviously aren't pushing yourself hard enough.

In a sense it is true. It depends what context it is said in though.
>>
>>36700086
Hurting yourself should be a sign you are either working too hard, or doing something wrong. Having it be a measure of effort only encourages injuries.
In fact it should be your goal not to get hurt because in the time it takes to recover you usually lose an undesirable amount of progress.
OP's friend is fuckin dumb
>>
>>36700069
Well.it proved i was doing something too hard
>>
hurt myself a bunch of times (mostly lower back) and every single time it was stupidity.
>>
File: 1439462181749.jpg (83 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
1439462181749.jpg
83 KB, 694x530
>>36699997
>if youve never been in a head on car accident then you arent driving good enough
>if youve never nearly choked to death on a bulk then you arent eating enough
>if youve never been hospitalized from exhaustion and dehydration then you arent studying hard enough
>>
>>36700156
It proved you were doing it wrong
>>
>>36700165
Yea but you dont know that until you do it wrong
>>
>>36699997
Literally retarded.

It's like saying:

If you never failed a test, you aren't studying hard enough.
>>
>>36700143
I didn't say it was a measure of effort. I actually made a point to say that that isn't what I meant. Kek.

It's not a good thing to hurt yourself. Of course you aim to not be in pain. But at the end of the day, anyone who has been training "hard enough" for a long time has been injured before. It's just common sense that you can't train at a high level for years without getting hurt at least once.
>>
I'm fine with not working out hard enough if that means I can keep making gains without being injured. Seems completely fine, I'm not in a hurry.
>>
>>36699997
Seems a bit silly. Sure, if you go heavy and push your limit, you might get hurt. But if you're pushing your limit while going technically sound and ASK FOR A FUCKING SPOT, that shit is a lot less risky.
Seems to me that you're more likely to fuck your shit up if you go too hard too fast and don't pay attention to technique or safety.
I always make sure to get myself warmed up and get my safeties in place. There's plenty of time to put in the workout; I don't want an emergency layover in snap city on my way to Gainzville
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.