[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he track calories >he tracks macros >he weighs himself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1307563663001.jpg (70 KB, 587x558) Image search: [Google]
1307563663001.jpg
70 KB, 587x558
>he track calories
>he tracks macros
>he weighs himself everyday
>he tracks all of his lifts
>his mind is constantly on lifting and how to maximize his results
>he does all the above for years and years, and still looks average

How's it feel knowing most people who are muscular and lean don't do any of these things at all?

If you haven't already noticed, I am projecting here. The green text is literally all me. There's a handful of guys at my gym who are my goal-body who I aspire to be and I've questioned all of them 1 on 1 and they all don't even know what a macro is, let a lone a calorie, and they all do routines /fit/ would consider useless for making gains, and yet they all looking fucking amazing, top notch muscularity and separation, lean and fairly strong.

It boggles my mind how these guys have obtained physiques I am light-years away from obtaining, and they've done absolutely NONE of what experts would considered the most optimal way of going about it. This is really disappointing for me, and I've come to the conclusion that you will all hate me for and give me shit for, but really ; it's all genetics guys. Sorry to say it, that's the truth. The truth hurts, I know it does - it hurts me so much knowing I'll never look even 50% of what these guys I am talking about look, and they're not even on steroids, that in itself hurts even more. Those first year gains had me really excited for the future of what I could have possibly been, then the diminishing returns it, and boy they hit hard.

After nearly 4 long years in the gym, tracking everything, making sure to have everything optimized, I've finally decided to add lifting to my list of "life goal failures".

Sorry /fit/, not all of us are meant to make it, I didn't.
>>
>>36699323
pics
>>
File: 5'7 - 78kg.jpg (102 KB, 692x461) Image search: [Google]
5'7 - 78kg.jpg
102 KB, 692x461
>>36699373

I know this has been spammed as meme lately, but this is actually me.
>>
Body dysmophia m8.
>>
I'd wager that most of those people built their bodies doing sports in their teenage years and have a basic level of fitness understanding. They probably push themselves because they're used to it.

You can have all the knowledge in the world and it won't do you any good if you don't use it. You're right that genetics plays a big role but why concern yourself with that? My roommate looks ripped constantly and has a 24/7 eight pack and he does dick for it. Anybody would be more impressed with his body compared to mine, but I'm actually stronger. Instead of being a jealous fuck, I'm just going to work hard at making the best out of what I've got. That's all anyone can do.
>>
>>36699483
/thread
>>
>>36699483
>I'd wager that most of those people built their bodies doing sports in their teenage years and have a basic level of fitness understanding. They probably push themselves because they're used to it.

That's bullshit.

I've been lifting for nearly a decade and my new training partner has surpassed me after only 3 years of lifting and he does exactly the same routine as me and follows the nutrition advice I gave him. His training intensity, volume, frequency, everything, same as me. He has just mimicked everything I have done and has come out with far greater results.

Some people are just genetically blessed and that's it, end of story. I know /fit/ loves to rail on about how genetics don't matter at all! like some fairy tale american dream that doesn't exist, welcome to the real world kids.
>>
Kek I came to the same conclusion not long ago but either way senpai I'm motivated. I want to see how far I can go on my own c:. You're doing this because it's fun after all right?
>>
>>36699323
How many peeps will fall for this shitposting.
>>
>>36699624
Yeah I still lift, I never stopped, and don't plan on it. I actually really love lifting. It's like brushing my teeth, I can't stop it now, regardless of how average my results are.

Oh well, maybe in 15 years time when I'll have been lifting for 20 years I'll have magically some how obtained above-average results.
>>
>>36699684
>he thinks this is shit posting

<2 year lifter confirmed.

No hard feelings bro, I thought exactly like you when I first began lifting. Always disregarded people like what I've become as trolls or whatever. I thought that was based on the gains I was making in my first year or two. Little did I know how powerful diminishing returns are, I feel like such a fool now-days, thinking back to when I was a noobie making crazy gains.
>>
>>36699705
Try a new program breh. It has seemed to help me when i stall in progress.
>>
>>36699323
They roid or you're not as dedicated as you think or you are dedicated but you do stupid shit and thinks its right or you have body dysmorphia.
>>
>>36699323
Stats?
>>
>>36699764
I've done every routine under the sun, results have never drastically improved or declined. I still make progress in the gym in terms of overall strength, but he physique doesn't stopped showing results after the first 2-3 years or so. My 3rd year body looks the same as my 4th year body, even though my lifts have still all progressed throughout the last year.

I am an "easy gainer" in terms of muscle mass in my first 2 years, I've never had trouble gaining weight in my life. And I still don't - the only problem now is, if I do try and bulk, I just get rapidly fat, no matter how good my macros are.

My body just doesn't seem to want to gain much muscle anymore, so the nutrient partitioning is really horrible, I just end up gaining 95% fat 5% lean mass when I bulk now-days. Unlike in my first year where I had a really good ratio of gaining 80% lean mass to 20% fat. It's just a fucking joke, utter fucking joke. By my body rapidly gaining fat when I try bulk now, it's a sign from my body telling me "YOU CANNOT GAIN ANYMORE MUSCLE, STOP FUCKING TRY, THE HONEYMOON OF YOUR LIFTING CAREER IS OVER"
>>
>>36699839
>what are diminishing returns
>>
File: 1409012073644.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1409012073644.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>36699323
>After nearly 4 long years in the gym

It's still nothing. No one forces you if you don't like it.

FFS.
>>
>>36699323
Why would you make a thread for the purpose of being a little bitch?

If you're training natty from a sedentary childhood, shit takes time. Serious time. I have trained every single week for 7 years and I'm still small. I am skilled and athletic but I'm not huge.

Eat reasonably healthy, train to be healthy athletic and strong, and you will never have a problem again. Stop worrying about bodybuilding, because that is for vanity and steroid use and is a shit avenue for success.

You probably look strong and healthy compared to normal folk that don't train regularly, which is the majority. Stop looking at perfectly lit, perfectly angled fuckboys on 4chan and instagram.
>>
>>36699388

No it's not

The guy who posts that pic is an insufferable narcissist.
>>
Guys who look great without knowing what they're doing have a few potential things going for them.
They may have a mom or family or girlfriend who feeds them, and therefore they eat right without knowing it.
They may have built their physiques from years of sports, a benefit which I imagine you lack, then perfected their physiques in the gym.
They may be on steroids, and if they are and only doing meme exercises, they'll still look great, but maybe not obvious steroid users.
They may also just be lying because it's not cool for men to admit they're trying hard.
Any or all of these may be true for the guys you're talking about.
The other thing to consider is that they're just lean, and you're being hard on yourself for the simple reason you're so obsessive about lifting. You may also potentially have very low testosterone, which would contribute to your physique not meeting your expectations.
Anyway, for me I've found the key to be consistency. My routine is one that would get mocked here (though I understand that nobody here knows shit about bodybuilding training so it doesn't matter to me), but I've seen great results from sticking with the same high volume medium weight training style for the last eight months, combined with great diet. I know part of it for me is also the fact that I played sports for years, so it's very sensible that I was working from a decent base, but man, if you stick with exercise and a diet, you'll make it, you can't let the bastards grind you down.
Also, check your test levels.
>>
>>36700214
>Also, check your test levels.

I am considering this, but I am afraid of needles. How can I get my test checked without a bloodtest?

Note: I haven't been to the doctors in about 10 years.
>>
>>36699323
I know that feel bro.
This is literally so true, happened to me as well.

Tracked calories, perfect programming, macros, etc devote all of my free time to it and look like shit, meanwhile jimmy good genes comes in and does none of that just "goes hard AF man" and literally says "I've never counted a rep a day in my life" therefore clearly doesn't understand the concept of progressive overload or periodization, goes in and gets bigger and stronger than me instantly due to starting place and genes. My starting place was shit, due to wasted teenage years and being near anorexic my entire life, literally 130lbs or so soaking wet. So when I gained like 30 lbs over the next few years I still looked far from impressive, I was only just starting to look like the average guy who never lifted a day in his life.

So I decided to roid, best idea I've ever had, now years in im making noob gains basically all over again, and now I actually have potential to look like I lift, because let's face it, I could have lifted for decades natty and looked meh at best. Natty bodybuilding is a joke desu
>>
>>36699323
Have you ever considered steroids? I mean, steroids wont solve bad genetics completely (you wont ever be the top 1%) but they will make you look good regardless of how horrible your genetics are.

Just a thought
>>
I honestly believe taking lifting/diet so seriously gives people low test.

Here's what you should do, broscience 101.

>lifting

Just go in the gym, slap plates on, lift, dont count shit, just do it. Go on next time, slap the weight on, do some crazy shit like add 20 pounds to a lift, just try rep it out, who cares. Stop doing this 3x8 or 5x5 or increase weight by 5% or deload shit. Just go in and put weight on the fucking bar and lift it and remember how much you did last time and try beat that, who cares if you only do 1 peak set, if it's a PR, it's a PR.
>nutrition

Just use common sense, eat high protein food sources, avoid eating junk as often as you can but dont go too crazy, focus on getting multiple serves of cheap WPC powder in everyday throughout the day, shit, go full mom-science mode and have fucking scoops of whey as meal replacements.
>mentality

STOP thinking about lifting all the time, un-sub from all your fitness channels, stop coming on /fit/, take lifting out of your mind, take dieting out of your mind. Get a hobby outside of lifting to focus your mind on. STOP thinking about calories, STOP thinking about macros, STOP thinking about how your not using proper training methods, who give a FUCK, lifting is not meant to be your life. You'll see a massive boost in test based on the fact you no longer give a FUCK.
>>
How does living a fucking life and lifting as a hobby sound instead of letting it take over your life? Imbecile
>>
steroids are the great equalizer

time to join the dark side
>>
>>36700526
Your comment here is why I've come to the conclusion that I have undiagnosed form of autism.

I cannot take on a hobby without it completely taking over every aspect of my life.

I cannot even begin to imagine how people social lives, families, friends, work mates, multiple hobbies, responsibilities and all that fancy stuff...while still remaining able to do everything.

I literally take on 1 new task in my life and that task begins my focus and nothing else matters.
>>
>>36699622
The poster your responding to agrees that genetics play a big role. I agree with him that most of the guys OP is talking about probably built a solid foundation off of normal boyhood and teenage experiences like team sports, playing outside, basic competition , etc... Their is a subgroup on fit (in my opinion it's a big subgroup ) that grew up like weirdos playing video games and jerking off in their moms basement instead of playing team sports. The guys that built a foundation from physical activity have a leg up on the guys that grew up as couch potatoes.
>>
>>36700589
That's not necessarily autism. I'm the exact same way. When I'm passionate about something I become obsessive and every other relationship in my life suffers until that obsession is fulfilled. Then I move onto the next thing. I've learned to set aside time allotments for different activities so that other relationships no longer suffer for my primary obsession.
>>
>>36700267
You can't. Just get it checked. What are your lifting stats?
>>
>>36700267
You don't need to, you're already a pussy.

Get on testosterone
>>
>>36700913
Both of you are mentally defective. That's all.
>>
>>36700589
>>36700913
I getcha guys, me too, I take one thing and do that one thing alone 95% disregarding anything else. Then I pick up a new thing and begin anew. I've managed to just barely fit in gym time into my schedule when I find a new obsession though, I'm not compromising on workouts.

A new interest completely changes the people I associate myself with too, and like 3 years later I check in with some old friends and can't believe those guys are still doing the same shit in the same circles.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.