[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How has lifting changed your /fit/ goals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: CHAD 2.png (208 KB, 329x403) Image search: [Google]
CHAD 2.png
208 KB, 329x403
How has getting /fit/ affected your goals?
For me I started out fatmode (still losing weight around 210-215 right now getting down to 175). For me I wanted to get big but now I just want to get lean with whatever muscle I've got left and be done with it. I actually prefer doing daily cardio over lifting and I realized being big doesn't even matter to me anymore. I just want to be lean and healthy looking with a 4 pack.
>>
File: ainsley 3.jpg (54 KB, 588x723) Image search: [Google]
ainsley 3.jpg
54 KB, 588x723
>>36698121
I think a turning point for me was seeing some skinny mexican guy who was dyel but ran everyday.
He still looked pretty good imo, so I've been doing nothing but cardio since. If I get to the gym first thing in the morning or last thing at night I can mire some cardio bunnies in spandex too so it's all good.
>>
1st year = wanted to big huge and thought it would have been possible on how much gains i was making

2nd year = gains slowed down a lot, but still wanted to be huge

3rd year = gains were really really slow and it hit me that i probably wont get much bigger than I am without steroids

4th year = still getting stronger, still having some minor improvements here and there in terms of aesthetics, but still natty-tier physique

5th year = accepted the fact im just going to have a natural looking body, so i just focus on being as lean as i can be while still being fairly strong.

Basically my originally goal was A) unrealistic B) unhealthy and C) pointless. So I am fairly happen and content with what I have now after 5 years, no more crazy goals in mind or anything, just staying lean and strong while maintaining the mass I have.
>>
>>36698242
This but I probably have less muscle then you. When I get to 175 I'm probably going to start doing some daily chinups or something I'm more interested in getting an atheletic body now because it feels a lot better to me and at the end of the day that's what's more important. I'll still look good by normie standards but I'll never be 'big'.
>>
>>36698242
It's funny how everyone wants to be big but usually the most average body type is just a little bigger than ottermode. Have to have big guy genetics or steroids to get big. Most people are just average by nature no matter how much work you put in.
>>
>>36698331
>most people are average by nature

Groundbreaking shit, anon. How exactly did you draw that conclusion?
>>
>>36698346
I've known this forever but apparently everyone who picks up a weight thinks they're going to be huge.
>>
>>36698242
This is basically what 99% of people who lift go through. The 1% being the genetically elite guys who hop on the gas and make God-tier gains.
>>
2 years in and all I want is to be big and strong, same as when I started.

2 plate OHP is still my number one goal, and I'm only 20 kg away
>>
started fat wanted to get skinny, am now skinny and want to have muscle
>>
>>36698502
If you aren't naturally a little broader then other skinnymodes you will look like shit.
I'm telling you now so you dont waste your time.
on the plus side 6 packs are always in fashion.
>>
>>36698242
this
>>
File: newest2panel.png (462 KB, 756x476) Image search: [Google]
newest2panel.png
462 KB, 756x476
>>36698621
am I gonna be okay?
>>
>>36698641
You did good bro keep it up you already look better than almost anyone you'll meet in public
>>
>>36698641
Op here. You look alright breh. Arms bretty gud start, put some mass on in your chest and stay lean.
This is basically where I'm headed but I have a broader chest/wider shoulders due to genetics. We're all gonna make it.
>>
Over 5 years:

1st year wanted to look like arnold who at the time i seriously believed was natty and achievable

2nd year wanted to get stronger. Started doing 2.5 plate dead lifts using only my back because i didnt know proper form or that deadlifts are a leg exersize.

3rd year started getting noticeable gains. Stopped caring about strength, got into asthetics. Wanted to lose fat, didnt really know how

4th year went through a break up with my gf, first break up ever. Lead to me to develop an obsession of being as skinny as possible. Stopped eating, became orthorexic/anorexic was lighter then id ever been in my life

5th year realized i was a dyel faggot. Started a bulk, stoped halfway then slowly cut and put some mass on. Started getting attention from girls. Finaly got visible abs.

About half way through 5th year lifting sort of lost its point. Didn't really care too much about muscles and attracting females. Test levels dropped stopped getting random erections lost ALL libido. Only masterbate because i sorta feel obligated.

Currently: dont lift anymore just calisthenics. Little to none test even though im 20. Fell in love with cycling and plan to do a century this summer.

Not 100% why i had a sudden lost of test. I feel like a huge cuck nowadays
>>
>>36698242
You didn't eat enough, like most dumbfucks who think they'll magically end up weighing 110kgs.

100$ says you look like shit and fucked up your training during all those years.
>>
File: ainsley1.jpg (8 KB, 258x200) Image search: [Google]
ainsley1.jpg
8 KB, 258x200
>>36698827
>20
>started when you where 15
Op here I'm 26, I've lifted on and off since I was 13 and did bodyweight exercises before that but never had a good routine till last year as I was a clueless faggot, not I just do cardio and don't even lift anymore. No idea why you feel low test, it may just be your age. There is a significant different between natural test levels at 16-18 and 18-20. I'm not enough of a bro-scientist to understand why.
Also
>calisthenics
When I get lean I'll throw these in my my 30 minutes of Memetrainer cardio.
>>
>>36698876
*now I just do cardio
I haven't lost the muscle I gained though which is a mercy.
>>
>>36698876
>implying test "naturally" declines as you age
>implying it isn't that most men become obese, stressed, married etc.
>>
File: buddha384547.jpg (38 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
buddha384547.jpg
38 KB, 620x400
>>36698876
True, i definitely havent atrophied dramatically like i expected. My test drop may be accredited to my bf% starting to dip below 7%. I feel like shit when i eat more then 2000 kcal a day
>>
>>36698858
>didnt eat enough

Yeah thats where you're wrong. Ive tried bulking in these later years of lifting and the only gains I get are fucking fat gains.

I mean, how new are you man? Don't you realize there are insane diminishing returns with natty lifting? You literally CANT bulk without gaining loads of fat after you've already lifted for a few years because you've already gained the majority of your LBM you'll ever gain naturally.

I bet you're some 1 year lifter who is still in the honeymoon stage bulking like a madman and not getting fat and gaining all muscle. Yeah we all go through that you fucking newfag. Come back in a few years time and try that, faggot.
>>
File: anthony burch 1.jpg (9 KB, 308x164) Image search: [Google]
anthony burch 1.jpg
9 KB, 308x164
>>36698946
I said
>I'm not enough of a bro-scientist to understand why
Doing any form of exercise and maintaining a healthy BF% is going to increase test.
> definitely havent atrophied dramatically like i expected
/fit/ seems to expect you'll suddenly enter auschiwtz mode if you suddenly stop lifting but do cardio/calisthetics instead. Which is complete bullshit.
>>36699170
>You literally CANT bulk without gaining loads of fat
I tried losing fat whilst lifting and gaining muscle. I gained muscle but I barely burned off much fat. That and eating enough to bulk whilst also trying to keep out of fat mode was fucking hell. Totally unsustainable.
>>
>>36698242
Current body pic?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.