[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I've lifted for over 3 years, when does the depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (9 KB, 213x237) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9 KB, 213x237
so I've lifted for over 3 years, when does the depression and self hatred stop?
>>
>>36698097

When you die.
>>
>>36698097
It only stops in the immediate moment when you feel a bigger pain, like your muscles crunching some weights. It starts up again when you are recovered.
>>
thats actually quite comforting
>>
File: fredbear-1.jpg (224 KB, 800x786) Image search: [Google]
fredbear-1.jpg
224 KB, 800x786
>>36698097
The only thing that does it for me is any time I have to act and can't just observe. I need to be in the moment or I'm back to being a sad sack of shit.

Surfing, shooting, sports, all these lift the depression for a while.

Sex used to do it but girls are so all the same that it's just a routine now and doesn't do much for me.
>>
>>36698105
>>36698111
>>
>>36698105
Holy fuck
First post please don't be best post
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 321x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 321x458
>>36698112
>sex
>>
>>36698097
when you make mental gains instead of physical
>>
It doesn't. That's the joke.
>>
>>36698097
It doesn't, it gets worse.
Source: been lifting for 8 years.
>>
>>36698141
This.

You want something really fulfilling OP? Make some money, and go travel. Go see somewhere where people have it bad, but still loving life. Brazil, India, Southeast Asia, etc. You'll see how good you have it. If you have the chance, stay there for an extended period of time and pick up on their vibes.
If you don't have a family, it's possible. Surely a far-fetched idea to get from an online fitness image board, but hey, I did it, and I don't think I will ever have a negative outlook on life again.

If not, get a hobby.
>>
>>36698248
What's a good way to do this? I'm guessing it would be cheapest to do some kind of volunteering or job in a place like this? How did you go about it?

I'm in college and I'm thinking it would be cool to spend a summer somewhere abroad, maybe teaching English to poor kids or some shit like that
>>
>>36698344
Try to study abroad, or take a break from life after you graduate. Most people I know who studied abroad matured a ton when they were there.

I did it before I started college from money I made late in high school, so my experience was a little different.
>>
File: 6ae.png (71 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
6ae.png
71 KB, 500x454
>>36698097
>>
When you stop browsing here.
>>
>>36698097
When you learn to love yourself. If you actually have been lifting for 3 years, you probably sexy as fuark bro
No homo
>>
>>36698344
just go traveling. Look up cheap ass hostels across the places mentioned. Don't look at expensive locales if you don't have the wallet for it. %95 of volunteer stuff is a scam; they already fucking have people, if you were going to get paid they would be better off in every single fucking case paying a native, if you had some special skills (like MSF) you wouldn't need to ask a fucking Pescadorean feels community for advice. If you want to teach English, do it in a mid-range place like Taiwan, and use that as a base of operations; get a cheap cost of living with decent quality of life, look and see what the dating scene is like and how foreigners are treated so you're not alone, use your English teaching salary sensibly and generally try to live more like a local, not doing the 'I have money so imma burn it' shit that leaves so many people in their 30s with zero savings or marketable skills, apportion your money for Expenses/Savings/Travel, use the last category to buy cheap ass flights to Southeast Asia (which they are once you're actually in Asia, US has fucking god-tier oceanic isolation, even Australia is cheaper for island niggers) and do whatever the fuck you want there.

study abroad can be a good idea if you are getting scholarships to pay for things, or if there is a language you HONESTLY WANT TO LEARN AND WILL MAKE USE OF, otherwise don't waste your time and money getting island-tier degree
>>
It stopped for me when I got a gf.

Then she left me and now it's back, worse than ever. I've never drank before, but I can genuinely understand why people drink themselves to sleep at night, now.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.