[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ex /b/fag now /pol/lac looking to improve my health but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: lift.png (131 KB, 400x221) Image search: [Google]
lift.png
131 KB, 400x221
Ex /b/fag now /pol/lac looking to improve my health but I'm afraid of the knuckedragger effect the numale/bodybuilding/fashionhipsterman has on people. All the really fit people around me are 2 neurons away from troglodytes and generally fail at everything except looks. I am a student with a part-time job but I need to improve my diet and self-esteem.How get back into lifting not get brainwashed by Rich Piana wannabes?
>>
SS+ GOMAD

or, perhaps even better: sticky+ GTFO
>>
>>36697863
>ex /b/fag
never gonna make it
>>
>>36697863
Are you a faggot? Pick up weights and put them down.
>>
>>36697863
You're much too stupid for /pol/, you're definitely still a piece of /b/ shit.
>>
File: 1425312271577.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3549) Image search: [Google]
1425312271577.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3549
>>36697863
On more serious not, I feel I should help a fellow pollack, although If you hadnt figured answer yourself by now, you might be 2 neurons away from troglodytes. And answer is: read a book from time to time, motherfucker. Unless you want to look like Rich Piana, training will not interfere with that.

3rd year law student here, brain gains+muscle gains=the best way to live
>>
>>36697863
Using terms like /pol/lac

You've already failed in every way possible. Go be 16 years old somewhere else.
>>
You sound like a pretentious faggot who is here to insult us more than actually get advice. So fuck off, go to the gym and do a beginner program, stop eating like shit, and don't buy into the Instagram fitness culture and you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1459318279348.jpg (57 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1459318279348.jpg
57 KB, 500x400
>>36697930
>too stupid
>for pol
>>
>>36697936
Geological-engineer fag. Worked as a trade/contractor and the long hours and stress fucked me up good. Now I need to relax. I already have like 4 gigs of /pol/ lit but exams approaching.
>>36697930
?really. Most of my friends are concerned by supplements and this and that about gym, superhero movies and fancy shoes and haircuts That's something I want to keep away from.
>>36697891
I lifted before for 2.5 years but was in my teens. I got distracted back then by all that superman movies/ fashion gayboys/ aesthetic s concerned neets.
I know the basics and have the patience but can't handle the stress and being associated to the hipster I deal w/ at work and uni. Not sure if you get my point.
>>
You're too """redpilled""" for this. Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1373972334875.png (89 KB, 330x328) Image search: [Google]
1373972334875.png
89 KB, 330x328
>He ACTUALLY came to new /b/ and stayed long enough to identify with it

I honestly don't know what to tell you. You're the kind kf

I'll start with this.
>you're probably in highschool or early in a low-tier university. I say this because younger people have more free time, so being fit happens very organically. They have lots of free time. Even dumb people happen to be fit because they have almost all day to devote to terrible programming -- that and they get youth-gains.

You are surrounded by dumb people that happen to be fit.
That you stayed on nu-/b/ long enough to identify with it tells me enough about your personality.

I tell you now
>read the sticky. It has everything you need to get started.

It will be too intimidating for you. You will go back to your shitty distractions and forget any chance you had at a better life.

>prove me wrong, faggot
>>
>>36697863
I am another /pol/ack who made it. Lifting weights and reducing your bf to below 10% is essential. You have to min max your testosterone. Muscles give more of it, the fat gives you more female hormones.

This is a cancerous combination for our society. You really have to keep your focus on these two points.
>>
>>36698002
This is the advices you are looking for OP
>>
>>36698124
You type like a fag and your shit's all retarded. Seriously, how hard is it to greentext correctly?
>>
>>36698084
No, I really dont think I do. I have a hipster-lifting friend too, but I never gave a fuck about him and instagram fitness culture. I started lifting because of /fit/ and this board is fairly contrarian to the mainstream in regard of lifting, dieting and so on. Whether you like it or not it might help you with not feeling part of some retarded hipster trend.
>>
>>36698123
Ok clearly started on the wrong foot. Remember that vid of that chink on a 30.000 calories/day diet? Remember Elliot and his esoteric higher level bullshit?Or that dude that did eating competitions and shit ?Or that dude from Strenght project or whatever his name is? Ever watched Pumping Iron? Watch someone giving advice and tell me they don't upset you a bit.
>>36698124
23 and almost never posted, especially on /fit/ I lifted in my teens and got brainwashed by that shit. I want something to improve my mood because I can't return on building sites and make my own money because I'm studying for a more stable future. It is hard for me not to panic or just be upset most days..
I don't want to insult /fit/ but i guessed id start here
>>
>>36698173
It's pretty easy to type, but I'm distracted by stuff around me right now. I have a lot of business to do, but OP's hopelessness stuck out to me.

There are different styles of greentexting for different emphasis.
>>
>>36698246
You managed to get your message across though. Been off /b/ for about 3 years.Joined /pol/ because some vids on Youtube and that's the only board I still visit and sometime /ck/
>>
>>36698306
Also excuse retarded grammar swapped laptops.
>>
>>36698235
Alright, bud.

Getting fit is about
>building habits and maintaining discipline
(Discipline being a driving force derived from within yourself as opposed to motivation-which is extrinsic)
>doing your own research so that you eventually understand what works and what works for you
You will learn that certain things give better results than others
>knowing what your goals are and learning how to research solutions

So, I would recommend this.
>find out what you want to be able to do
(Lose a certain amount of weight, look a certain way, lift a large amount of weight, do cool Bodyweight movements)
>set micro goals to accomplish
>research the requisite training to do it

Personal Fitness should inspire more curiosity than almost anything you do.

>you only have one body for this life
Tick tock, bodycuck

>>36698306
All good. I'm normally not so sloppy.
>>
>>36698336
Ok then. thanks man.
>>
>>36697863

>>36698002
Superlative summary. Fuck off op, some of us here are more accomplished than you. Lifting does not make you stupid, if you honestly think that then just fuck off. Most people lack the drive to succeed both mentally and physically and it sounds like you're one of them.
>>
>>36698336
>Swordboy
>>
>>36697863
Top kek. This post points to you not making it. If you do somehow "make it," it will feel hollow because from your replies it seems you have some issues which will not be addressed by lifting. In fact, I think lifting will further exacerbate said issues. That said read the sticky, pick a beginner routine, don't mess with chosen routine, and fuck off.
>>
>>36698137
>the fat gives you more female hormones.
That's true, but eating good fats actually increases testosterone
>>
>>36698788
I would've made the point too low body fat drastically cuts into your testosterone levels.
>>
hey fellow /pol/ack
I hit the gym and started exercising about 1 month ago.

Ditch the sugers, take magnesium, zinc a multivitamin, fish oil and some protein, I bought 2 pounds of one called lava tastes alright, mix 2 scoops with 8oz of malk.

I do SS, and and some light weight workout for my arms with dumbbells, hammer curls, and swimmers press and flys mostly.

every other day I try to supplement with yoga, there's a good 30 minute routine from the people who do P90x3

that's what I'm doing.
>>
>>36698848
ps I know it's corny and cliched as fuck but this helped me out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1JBQMXbN2k
>>
File: 1459270746517.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1459270746517.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>>36698084
>don't want to be associated with hipsters
>not sure if you get my point

Yeah, we get it. We get that you're a pretentious little bitch who attaches stereotypes to anyone he encounters and has to categorize everyone to fit your own perspective and logic. Get over yourself, kid. Once you leave "uni", you'll realize that people are more complex than give them credit for and that they aren't all capable of being analyzed from a single glance or encounter.

All types of people lift. Like I said before, get over yourself, more importantly go fuck yourself, DYEL.
>>
>>36698235
so you're one of those college real estate fags, too?

jesus, kid, you must really suck to be around...
>>
>>36698928
>who attaches stereotypes to anyone he encounters and has to categorize everyone to fit your own perspective and logic.
>OP literally stated he is from /pol/
Anon pls
Also
>/pol/
>getting over himself
>getting over anything
>>
>>36698520
>Lifting does not make you stupid
What the fuck? How the fuck did OP come to this conclusion? Physical activity, lifting included, actually helps cognitive functions holy shit OP kys
>>
>>36697863
Jesus fuck man you're worse than a woman. Nobody gives a shit what boards you go to. You're obviously a newfag to 4chan as a whole since you don't know enough to read the fucking sticky or lurk for a month+ before posting stupid ass shit. Kill yourself faggot.
>>
pick up a martial art while you're at it. reaction time, mental clarity, confidence, complex thought processes- all the things you stand to gain besides leaving your beta life behind
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.