[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/oldschool/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: natty_limit.jpg (618 KB, 1948x1280) Image search: [Google]
natty_limit.jpg
618 KB, 1948x1280
post oldschool weightlifting pics and stuff

preferably pre-steroids era
>>
Dude, you can take a photo that looks like that today too. Black and white pics is no indication at all that the guys are natty.

Find Pinner with moustache
Take pic on cell phone
Change to BW
Claim it's pre-steroids
>>
Those guys are all using steroids
>>
>>36696676
>>36696694
I think it's pretty well established that all of those guys are well known bodybuilders from the pre-steroid era. They did have cocaine available for cutting though.
>>
>>36696606
They all look like shit, rofl.
>>
>>36696676
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>36696606
Top left guys name?
>>
>>36696606
How did they get so cut without whey protien?
>>
File: mirin old.png (2 MB, 793x1033) Image search: [Google]
mirin old.png
2 MB, 793x1033
>>
>>36696708
Do you know who they are? Just because the image floats around on /fit/ hardly means anyone ever bothered verifying who the guys are.

I'm not saying they're not from pre-steroid era for sure, but I believe nothing I read online and only half what I see in real life. Food for thought is all.
>>
>>36696731
I think that's Otto Arco.

>>36696741
Protein shakes are a scam in case you didn't notice yet.
>>
In case you never read about it, crude gonadal steroids (testicle extracted) have been in use since the late 19th century... What most people consider "pre-steroids" is actually just pre-synthetic-steroids.
>>
File: steevereeves.jpg (27 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
steevereeves.jpg
27 KB, 400x580
were roids around at the time of pic?
>>
>>36696811
Yes. Reeves and Park were early adopters.
>>
>>36696811
Germany was developing the earliest synthetic steroids in the 30's in the hope it could give them an edge in the war. Whether they ever started dosing their soldiers is debated, but they did isolate and replicate many of the varieties of roids we still see used today way back then.

If you guys are really interested you can go read the history of anabolic steroid development. It's interesting to see how far back they really go.
>>
>>36696806

Largely because the testicular extractions didn't really work much. No ester and no c17 alkylation means you're looking at something with next to no half life if injected or availability if taken otherwise.
>>
>>36696741

most assume they used cocaine as a cutting agent
>>
>>36696811
>>36696838
Keep in mind that people like Reeves, Park, and even Arnold were not breaking the law or "cheating" in their time. It was science, the future of sports medicine, and was a completely legitimate activity for someone who wanted to be a bodybuilder.
>>
>>36696847
>Largely because the testicular extractions didn't really work much
This is what dumbasses actually believe. They worked well - it's just that nobody even though of building muscle with them. They were used to treat depression etc.
>>
>>36696741
cocaine
not even kidding
>>
>>36696838
>Whether they ever started dosing their soldiers is debated
They didn't. None of the soldiers show any signs of artificial test enhancement like cannonball delts - which are also absent in most of OP's pics.
>>
>>36696838
[citation needed] I've looked and not found plausible mentions of a German super soldier steroid serum. The earliest speculation I've seen was Soviets looking at synthetic test in the 40s
>>
File: 2013_11_03_abs[2].jpg (1 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
2013_11_03_abs[2].jpg
1 MB, 1936x2592
>>
>>36696875
There's low dose roids and there's high dose roids man.. Not everyone who pins is a mass monster
>>
>>36696762
>I'll never get that big because they were all using steroids

Stop making excuses for being weak and small. Have you ever considered trying harder?
>>
>>
>>36696881
Did you look for even a second?

There are often reported rumors that German soldiers were administered anabolic steroids during the Second World War, the aim being to increase their aggression and stamina, but these are, as yet, unproven.[114] Adolf Hitler himself, according to his physician, was injected with testosterone derivatives to treat various ailments.[115] AAS were used in experiments conducted by the Nazis on concentration camp inmates,[115] and later by the allies attempting to treat the malnourished victims that survived Nazi camps.[114]
>>
>>36696881
>>36696875
>>36696866
>>36696847
>>36696838
>A testicular action was linked to circulating blood fractions – now understood to be a family of androgenic hormones – in the early work on castration and testicular transplantation in fowl by Arnold Adolph Berthold (1803–1861).[175] Research on the action of testosterone received a brief boost in 1889, when the Harvard professor Charles-Édouard Brown-Séquard (1817–1894), then in Paris, self-injected subcutaneously a "rejuvenating elixir" consisting of an extract of dog and guinea pig testicle. He reported in The Lancet that his vigor and feeling of well-being were markedly restored but the effects were transient,[176] and Brown-Séquard's hopes for the compound were dashed.

>In 1927, the University of Chicago's Professor of Physiologic Chemistry, Fred C. Koch, established easy access to a large source of bovine testicles — the Chicago stockyards — and recruited students willing to endure the tedious work of extracting their isolates. In that year, Koch and his student, Lemuel McGee, derived 20 mg of a substance from a supply of 40 pounds of bovine testicles that, when administered to castrated roosters, pigs and rats, remasculinized them.[177] The group of Ernst Laqueur at the University of Amsterdam purified testosterone from bovine testicles in a similar manner in 1934, but isolation of the hormone from animal tissues in amounts permitting serious study in humans was not feasible until three European pharmaceutical giants—Schering (Berlin, Germany), Organon (Oss, Netherlands) and Ciba (Basel, Switzerland)—began full-scale steroid research and development programs in the 1930s.

>The Organon group in the Netherlands were the first to isolate the hormone, identified in a May 1935 paper "On Crystalline Male Hormone from Testicles (Testosterone)".[178]

So yeah, it existed and worked long before the 30s.
>>
>>36696911
This is exactly what I'm saying. Roid use goes way further back than people want to believe.
>>
>>36696944
Yes.

>Players have attempted to gain chemical advantages in baseball since the earliest days of the sport. In 1889, for example, pitcher Pud Galvin became the first baseball player to be widely known for his use of performance-enhancing substances.[6] Galvin was a user and vocal proponent of the Brown-Séquard Elixir, a testosterone supplement derived from the testicles of live animals such as dogs and guinea pigs.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_in_baseball

And this is the first widely-known case. In the same year test was officially "invented". Same year, incidentally, that Sandow entered strength competitions and "changed bodybuilding forever". Why? Because suddenly, the bearmode fatty strongmen got beaten by this statuesque, low fat muscle man with oddly huge delts.

Coincidence? You decide.
>>
>>36696966
It's so rare to run into someone else who isn't shitposting on /fit/

Maybe today people will actually learn something from this message board.

Probably not though...
>>
So, the redpill is that Sandow wasn't natty? Don't know if want.
>>
File: Dan-Kolov-5[1].jpg (43 KB, 301x470) Image search: [Google]
Dan-Kolov-5[1].jpg
43 KB, 301x470
>>
>>36697000
Doping is as old as sport. Royal jelly has been proven to increase test and muscular endurance, and guess what the ancient Greeks used for success in athletics?
>>
Reminder that the people who frequent board to call people fake natties are mostly overweight dyels with shitty genetics. This is the case even if they are correct. The natty limit is much more than subhuman Muriblobs make out.
>>
>>36697065
Try to read the thread, Ahmed.
>>
>>36697000
Sad reality: all your muscle heroes are doping somehow. You'll never be that remarkable if you don't dope.
>>
>>36697070
I did read the thread. I am not a Muslim as I am a proud son of Rome. American swine will never realise the glory of existence as your nation is an impure mulatto stud-farm. My ancestors flow in my veins unhindered, I am a proud son of Evropa and put to shame all shrieking negroid-semite hybrid swine who wouldn't understand the meaning of discipline if a tablet from Phobos himself was placed directly in front of their eyes. You are beneath contempt.
>>
File: nattydelts.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
nattydelts.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>
File: 1427210244430.jpg (38 KB, 396x576) Image search: [Google]
1427210244430.jpg
38 KB, 396x576
>>
>>36697168
/pol/ pls.
>>
>>36697248
You believe the project I am occupied with can be enabled by such a board? You betray yourself anon, I am a proud son of EVROPA! not the United States of America. I will never frequent a board of envious subhumans who fantasise over an ideology that rejects our Greco-Roman foundation. As a son of Rome I reject the materialist fascism and replace it with the ever worthy goal of eudaimonia. The political goal is one of mere practicality and identifying along such lines reveals you as a pragmatist.
>>
>>36697275
this is painful to read even though I know it's a joke

cringeing
>>
>>36697288
Anything beyond the material is usually extremely difficult for subhumans to understand, so I am not surprised.
>>
>>36697168
You know that of the colors of the italian flag the green and red are not necessary? The white of surrender is sufficient.
>>
>>36697168
>>36697275
>>36697302
Stop jacking the thread please.
>>
>>36696885

It's UrbanPrimalist!
>>
>>36696966
>Elixir, a testosterone supplement derived from the testicles of live animals such as dogs and guinea pigs.[6]
what the fuck.
>>
>>36697691
Scientific progress isn't always pleasant along the way...
>>
>>36696762
it seems believable to me. Consider that these people got payed and dedicated most of their lives to lifting weights. That size is an accurate indication of what that can look like naturally. Don't get me wrong the industry is always shady but if consuming your calories correctly then cutting on a shit load of cocaine afterwards those physiques are attainable after years and years of hard work. Much more attainable than an 80's bodybuilding physique at least.
>>
>>36697665
he's not black, though?
>>
>>36696762
>I believe nothing I read online
So you're still getting your news from print and tv? How do you expect us to verify the images without the Internet? Doing so would be needlessly difficult.

Life must be so hard for you, and I wonder why you would ever even view anything online if it's all false.
>>
>>36697829
Nice strawman argument.

It's obviously an exaggeration dude.
>>
>>36697740
Did it work though? I've been joking around about eating cowballs for increased test levels

Would that be considered cheating if it did work btw? All you are you are doing is eating animals..
>>
THEY

WERE

NOT

NATTY
>>
>>36698140
>Did it work though?
Yes, see
>>36696911
>He reported in The Lancet that his vigor and feeling of well-being were markedly restored but the effects were transient
and
>In that year, Koch and his student, Lemuel McGee, derived 20 mg of a substance from a supply of 40 pounds of bovine testicles that, when administered to castrated roosters, pigs and rats, remasculinized them.[177]
>>
>>36698169
everything for gains !!
>>
>>36698169
>self-injected
>>
Kek at faggots thinking you need roids for this. Cocaine to cut yes. But easily achievable muscle mass unless you're an actual retard.
>>
>>36696762
Test wasn't synthesized until the 40s, m8

That being said, PEDs of some variety have been around for a while. At the first Tour de France, dudes were "doping" with brandy and arsenic
>>
>>36697044
To be fair, there's hardly any distinction between doping or eating well. Both are about "cheating" your body into the physiological response you want.

Just so happens at some point we got so good at it, they had to put a stop to prevent people from pinning themselves to death.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 359x507) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 359x507
>>36696760
>Don't worry anon, girls don't care about meatheads, they're more turned on by personality and making them laugh
Even colonial era bitches be mirin
>>
>>36698477
He thinks they're modern roid users photoshopped to look historical
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.