[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a fatty trying to lose weight, should I take shit like L-carnitin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
As a fatty trying to lose weight, should I take shit like L-carnitin?
I think I read somewhere that it has benefits on skin tightening.
But I know some, if not most supplements are cashgrabs.
What's your advice on the matter, /fit/?
>>
>>36695917
It's bullshit, don't waste your money
>>
>>36695987
I just have the option to take L-carnitin-enriched water at the gym. I know the owner, so it's free, but I don't really wqnt to ruin my health further drinking shit.
>>
Warrior diet or 1mad.
Eat a good amount of red meat and green vegetables and don't fuck with wheat or soy.
These things alone will help get you where you want to go.
Advice from a former fatty (279 to 170).
>>
>>36696252
How long since you started losing weight?
Did your skin shrink over time? Do you have to tuck your skin into your pants?
>>
>>36695917
i take it
it might help
even if it dosen't im making progress so im gona continue to use it
>>
>>36696252
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, weight-wise.
I can't really eat lots of fibers sadly. I thought I'd aim for low-fat and high-protein meat like chicken or turkey, but I will follow your advice. Beef mostly, right?
Also what do you mean by "Warrior Diet" or "1mad"?
>>
>>36696558
>I can't really eat lots of fibers sadly.
What does this mean
>>
There is literally only one way to make your skin tighter that actually works. Everything else is negligible.

Collagen induction therapy. It's skin needling. Basically you can buy rollers or electric devses that have tiny needles in them that go into your skin.

It damages your skin to the point where new collagen will grow back, but it won't leave a scar. You can get it done at great expense at some beauty places or do it your self. Either way it's painful as fuck and is literally the only thing that actually works.
>>
>>36696626
does surgery work?
>>
>>36696642
Yes, surgery is superior to derma-rolling. There was a whole thread about it.
>>
>>36696607
Chronic disease. Eating a lot of fibers can provoke blood loss and diarrhea. I can still eat a few low-fiber vegetables, but I guess the most efficient weight-loss wise have a shitload of fibers in them.

>>36696626
Thank you, I'll look it up.
I already went from 120 to 85 kg (265lbs to 185), and my skin wasn't distended back then, but I guess skin elasticity is not infinite.
>>
>>36697409
Chrohn's? Are you the Anon who posted about it the other day?
>>
>>36695917
I've been using L-Carnitine a bit, got it a few months back when it was on sale. I use it before and after my workout to help with muscle recovery and not feeling burnt out during work outs. If you're just looking for the skin tightening effect just take 1250 mgs worth 30 minutes before an ice cold shower and focus on letting the water run over your neck and back and shoulders. There's a lot of adipose brown fat there, especially for fairly lean people that is burned specifically for producing internal body heat when necessary. As far as for weight loss or using it for cardio I doubt it's half as effective as any average thermogenic fat burner on the market
>>
>>36698008
Ulcerative colitis actually. Less life-threatening than Crohn's disease on the long run, but it has similar symptoms and effects. Also yes.

>>36698101
I'm not really looking for something to improve performance, I'm more willing to find a way to prevent having flopping skin after some time.
I get that a cold shower might actually tighten your skin on your body, but isn't that method only temporary?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.