[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canned Fish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Canned_fish_2.jpg (130 KB, 877x770) Image search: [Google]
Canned_fish_2.jpg
130 KB, 877x770
Hey /fit/ whats good with canned fish? I'm taking Salmon, Mackerel & Sardines (don't like tuna + high mercury)

How much can I eat safely?
How do I prepare it and make it taste good?
Will eating enough of it eliminate the need to supplement with fish oil? If so, how much?
>>
File: Brisling.jpg (49 KB, 425x366) Image search: [Google]
Brisling.jpg
49 KB, 425x366
I eat a tin of these every day

I use a fork... today I chopped up a habenero Pepper and mixed it in.. sometimes Mustard
>>
>>36693728
I like this company. They are ahead of the game in packing their fish in non BPA cans.
>>
>>36693728
Don't they have bones and skin? I don't know if I could get over that. What's it like? I bought a can of King Oscar with jalapeƱo.
>>
>>36693828
you can barely feel the bones. eat em whole
>>
>>36693576
get some tasty shit you like and mix in bowl with an ample amount of seasoned baked bread crumbs and a beaten egg. make into patties and dry in ample amounts of oil. turn once. put in a bun and other toppings and you are golden.

mix in with mac and cheese. tuna is more common, heat it up preal good and then mix in with cheese and cooked noodles.

sometimes i eat fish out of the can just to remind me of how it tastes straight out of the can.
>>
I don't eat canned fish but I eat canned chicken. Mix with a bit of a Mayo and mustard for sandwiches. I'll also mix it with rice and veggies.
>>
>>36693828
Dont sweat it man, you really do become accustomed to the bones and roe. Please don't willingly shortchange yourself of invaluable sources of calcium and other minerals just because of icky icky texture. If it's good enough for our ancestors it's good enough for you!

On another note, my little supermarket sometimes stocks fresh whole sardines which I just roast in the oven and eat whole. head, eyes, brain, poo, tail. shits fine.
>>
>>36693871
horrible.
fresh > frozen > canned chicken > cat food
>>
>>36693880
i agree. if you consider sardines then just eat them. when you know what it tastes like raw and you know how to cook with canned fish you learn to want to improve your recipes and you enjoy the food more and more. the main reason people don't like single foods is because of ethical/moral shit or because it was cooked poorly.
>>
Canned chips. #lol
>>
>>36693880
I eat them for the DHA and B12 primarily.. calcium and protein are a bonus
>>
>>36693892
Frozen chicken isn't nearly as convenient and I haven't really liked it anyway. The whole point of canned meat is convenience and shelf life. I prefer canned chicken to protein shakes generally.
>>
>>36693970
solid food > protein shakes
>>
>>36694038
And canned chicken is solid food.
>>
>>36693819

KO or bust
>>
>>36694078
that's what was implied. lol.
>>
>>36694094
Don't reply to me or my son ever again.
>>
>>36693892
I can't tell a difference in taste once they're seasoned and cooked.
>>
File: 1456273256086.jpg (229 KB, 592x640) Image search: [Google]
1456273256086.jpg
229 KB, 592x640
>>36693576
alright first let me say. Im fat. 268 lbs of ameriburger. sometimes im fucking strong and get mired for my lifts and sometimes im just a burger. its a vicious cycle. at 37 years old i dont really see an end to it.

but takes some sardines and take half a stick of butter and some chives if you have them. fresh chives if you have them. Start smashing them all together with a fork. just keep smashing until its one consistency. you can spread it on some crackers, bread, or toast and its a game changer. its so fucking good.
>>
Avocado
>>
Any ausfags here? I currently eat the Woolworths homebrand sardines (the ones in the white tin) and am considering upgrading to King Oscar sardines. Is the extra 50cents (approximately/not sure) you pay for King Oscar worth it?
>>
>>36693576
> How much can I eat safely

You ever notice those cloudy growths that are sometimes in your nails? Well if you ever notice that getting out of control then you need to see a doctor and run a blood test.

I sadly forget the proper name but it's an indicator of bad stuff in your system and some metal poisoning
>>
>>36694461
>half a stick of butter
>fat
Gee I wonder why?
>>
>>36695007
Butter doesn't make you fat anon
>>
I love how you say you're "taking" salmon, mackerel and sardines

Motherfucker you are eating them not taking them
>>
>>36693576
Don't care about what people says. Sardines and tuna in oil olive is my only animal meat. I eat tuna with quinoa (and lot of spices, lot of vegetables) and I do the same with sardines, but instead of quinoa, I mixed it with brown rice.
>>
tuna on kd (best mac and cheese brand) is pretty fucking good.
>>
add mayonnaise and celery plus whatever shitty supplement you like
>>
>>36694884
Extra 50 cents? More like extra $2.60. King Oscar literally costs over 5 times as much as Homebrand. They're good, but unless you're rich they're not THAT good.
>>
File: cento.jpg (17 KB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
cento.jpg
17 KB, 300x174
>>36693576
>>36693828
Buy boneless and skinless.
>>
http://www.stellaskitchen.com/CannedTunaRecipes.html

Thank me later
>>
Chicken of the Sea sardines packed in water, season to taste, profit. Mix with brown rice and lentils.
>>
>>36693576
Mackerel has more mercury than tuna op
>>
Tuna is fine unless you're a pregnant woman supposedly. I like my canned fish served on top of scrambled eggs with some thai sweet chilli sauce. Have half a dozen scrambled eggs with a tin of tuna or mackerel or sardines (the ones in tomato sauce are best) on top and watch the gains roll in. Goes well with wholemeal toast and butter. Tinned salmon is awful. Avoid.
>>
>>36694482
This. Mixing tuna with avocado is glorious for me.
>>
Tuna (in sunflower oil) with rice, a boiled egg, sliced tomato, peas and olives with sweet chili sauce.

Tastes great when all mashed up and is piss easy to make
>>
>>36696706
Damn never seen these in stores.
>>
I prefer albacore but I love canned tuna
Little salt little pepper and you're good to go
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.