[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martial Arts for Self Defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: Scissorkick to the nuts.jpg (52 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Scissorkick to the nuts.jpg
52 KB, 600x800
Femanon who doesn't want to get raped on the walk home.

Looking for recommendations on a style of martial arts for self defense.
>>
get strong

carry a gun, pepper spray at very least

practice boxing on a heavy bag if you must
>>
>>36691577
Get a gun.
>>
>>36691577
>Femanon who doesn't want to get raped
Lying bitch
>>
>>36691613
or telescopic baton
>>
>>36691577
Things that work
>Glock 19
>not living around poor people
>not walking home

As a woman your chances of beating a man in a physical confrontation are pretty slim even with whatever martial art you train in.

>inb4 numale posts Ronda Rousey
>>
>>36691577
krav maga
but pepper spray is much easier and probably more effective
>>
>>36691577
Bjj, krav, muay thai
>>
>>36691653
>inb4 numale posts Ronda Rousey

That bitch would lose to any male fighter in her weight class. And Ronda is touted as the pinnacle of female fighters, so your average woman wouldn't even compare.

Besides, most men especially most rapists are larger than 135lbs, and there's a reason why weight classes exist. So yeah, if you're a woman you better own a glock
>>
>>36691577
Concealed carry.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
>>
File: YhMX9yF.gif (2 MB, 328x182) Image search: [Google]
YhMX9yF.gif
2 MB, 328x182
>>36691577
Booby trap your pussy.
>>
OP here,

I just started a strenght training program, adding it to my regular cardio schedule. I already carry pepper spray. I live in a rural area so there are bears and cougars and shit.

Also, Canadian, so I'm not carring a hand gun.

>>36691687

Logic behind these choices?
>>
get on your knees and suck cock til failure

stupid dirty whore.

look at me! im a 'femanon'! shower me with your attention boys!

this isnt a board to meet your daddy issue needs you dumb cunt.
>>
>>36691577
Fuck off whore.
>>
>>36691640
Never change
>>
File: download (12).jpg (5 KB, 123x144) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
5 KB, 123x144
>>36691640

This.

Also, "martial arts" are a fucking lie by Mr shekelkun and his nip cronies.

Boxing beats all martial arts. People seem to think martial arts are a kind of magic that let you beat anyone easily, unless you've spent every waking hour training a boxer will destroy you. They're a fucking scam to get you to hand over money for a coloured belt that doesn't fucking mean anything.

What is being able to do a stupid chop and trying to trip your opponent over compared to a flurry of well timed, powerful punches?
>>
>>36691829
Jiu Jitsu for grappling, Muay Thai (boxing) for striking. They are the things that seem to win in MMA fights so as long as you only have to fight one person and are close enough in strength you might be able to win. Krav Maga is the "kick them in the nuts and run away" martial art.

You need strength training too or nothing will be very effective. All those women's self defense classes are complete bullshit.
>>
>>36691876
I'm open to any practical suggestion for any style of martial combat (unarmed) in order to protect my life if necessary.
>>
>>36691829
if a guy is on top of you stealing your pudding you can get him in a submission hold break something of his. Your not gonna get raped in rural Canada unless its date rape or you live on a reserve. If you do then move off of it problem solved
>>
>>36691640
Kek'd. Good shit.
>>
>>36691876
Boxing is a martial art...
>>
>>36691922
Coming from someone with 4+ years in actual martial arts, not money-belt-fu

Get a gun. In a self defense situation I'd rather run away than fight, or if I'm getting mugged etc I'll just give them my money

But if someone was trying to rape me? 1 month you can have a solution to 99+% of attackers

Alternatively do boxing/muay thai and bjj/judo for 4 years, and start lifting weights

>>36691957
technically it's a combat sport
a lot of martial arts are combat sports as well, those are typically the best ones as they can be practiced full force
>>
>>36691876
Any martial art can be good if taught properly. The key here is fighting often enough you can learn from it.
>>
Try BJJ, Eskrima, or a quality kickboxing gym.

For the time being, get pepper spray or a gun.
>>
>>36691921

I've observed a few women's defense classes and came to the same conclusion.

Also when it comes down to it, disabling and running a way is likely the best option.

But we get a bunch of drunken rowdies in the summer, some of whom have trouble keeping their hands to themselves.
>>
File: cc.jpg (21 KB, 519x267) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
21 KB, 519x267
Open: http://join.quizizz.com
The code is 021770
>>
>>36692008
OH yessssss
>>
>>36691577
Learn to use a firearm. If that's not an option, don't put yourself in a position where this might happen and maintain the ability to run quickly for medium to long distances
>>
>>36691990
It is but the way I see it Krav Maga isn't really worth learning. I mean you can always add kicking someone in the nuts and running away to your muay thai/jiu jitsu combo too if it comes right down to it, how much training do you really need for that lol.
>>
I wrestled a girl in high school, and let me tell you if I wanted to have my way with her the only thing that could have stopped me would be a gun. Women are so much weaker than even DYEL men. If he trains, game over.
>>
>>36692008
fuck off
>>
>>36691644
those are more illegal than carrying a pistol, even in states like California.
>>
carry a gun, learn about acquiring a conceal carry permit and educate yourself on proper use in different situations. no amount of of cardio or 5lb dumbbell workouts will protect from literally any male willing to do harm to you.
>>
>>36692218
if you cannot carry a gun you must scream as loud as possible in order to get the attention of a male to save you.
>>
Coat yourself in feces as a deterrent.
>>
You want brazillian jiujitsu and you want to get really good. Even then it's not a great option. Buy a gun and/or some bear spray.
>>
>>36691577
Shotokan (Real Name) teaches you to run.
>>
>>36691829
You deserve to be raped. Please die whore.
>>
Pipebomb.
For added effect, put it in your panties, which will make you look like a trap.
>>
If you don't want to get raped, you need the ability to fuck off. Why would you want to do BJJ unless you want to stick around a while and grapple on the ground? You need to practice Nike-fu.

You're better off with Judo than BJJ. If you got a quick opening, maybe they had a shitty stance or a jacket, you can do a hip throw, turn 360 degrees and moonwalk away. That being said, I know a few takedowns from doing BJJ, but judo would be cheaper for that sort of thing.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.