[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>PEOPLE PAY $300/MONTH FOR CROSSFIT T O P K E K
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: 300 dollars.png (59 KB, 872x641) Image search: [Google]
300 dollars.png
59 KB, 872x641
>PEOPLE PAY $300/MONTH FOR CROSSFIT

T O P K E K
>>
>>36690649

Can confirm, my roommate paid $200/month in Montana
>>
Yeah seriously, where ARE they getting these pricing standards from?

My old gym had all the stuff you needed to do crossfit and it only charged like $50/month. There's no way the trainer is worth $200+ extra per month per member. Jesus what a lucrative gig
>>
>>36690649
my sister pays around 150 a month I believe. It is so fucking stupid I cannot wrap my mind around it.
>>
>if you have completed some gay ass workshop you can join our gym!
>>
Friend of mine is a trainer for crossfire in texas.
She's got about 20 clients, all of whom pay $275 a month on top of their gym membership.
She banks so much I'm actually quite jealous.
>>
That's in USD?

I spent about $2,500 AUD in total on my home gym, which is pretty fucking decked out with high quality stuff that'll last a life-time.
>>
>>36690689
You fucking her? You got pics?
>>
>>36690649
I've seen those crossing """"exercises""""" it's just digging in the sand, the worst possible form of any oly lift, and pull ups that look designed to grind your rotator cuff into a fine powder.
>>
One of the crossfit gyms here is offering a "special" deal of $349 for 3 months.

>two chiropractic visits per week with this deal

mysides.jpg

Regular price is $120/month
>with a student discount
>>
>>36690687

you forgot their insurance coverage
>>
i pay $1500 a year to train at an mma gym.

i get to train with fighters for Legacy and use their equipment.
>>
File: 1450040309789.jpg (35 KB, 229x343) Image search: [Google]
1450040309789.jpg
35 KB, 229x343
>mfw at my university you can go to the gym for 60€ a year
>>
File: 1452690720024.webm (3 MB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
1452690720024.webm
3 MB, 638x360
>>
>>36690687
>There's no way the trainer is worth $200+ extra per month per member.

Yeah dude. My wife and I pay $260 USD a month for our personal trainer, but he has a PhD, won numerous body building competitions from 2002-2009, was an all-American D1 NCAA running back, and holds a Guinness World Record in a weight lifting feat.

I wonder what the fuck they could be possibly getting to justify paying more than I am.
>>
>>36690843
>>36690843
an athlete is a shitty coach
>>
File: Rebeka Koha 88kg snatch.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Rebeka Koha 88kg snatch.webm
2 MB, 640x640
>tfw /owg/
>bought equipment to avoid the cf crowd
>this was during my limbo period between graduation and finding a job
>moved out to a different city for work, currently live in an apartment
>limited to strict movements
>gonna sign up for a cf gym next week, can't take the pain any longer

I'd sign up to the local uni's gym like >>36690807 proposed but they explicitly prohibit cleans and overhead movements. Shit sucks
>>
>>36690809
the christmas lights get me everytime
>>
>>36690891
Why not just join the Y faggot?
>>
>>36690687
>>36690843

Kelly Starrett works at San Francisco Crossfit. He's kind of a big deal, so I think that's why prices are high.
>>
>>36690966

Also because it's san fran and everything costs more there
>>
File: cross fit not even once.jpg (48 KB, 510x350) Image search: [Google]
cross fit not even once.jpg
48 KB, 510x350
>pay 300 a month
>get no gains
>get rabdomyolyse instead
U DUN GOOFED NOW
>>
>>36690649

Crossfit rates are fucking obnoxious.

I wanted to learn how to do olympic lifts, and everyone said to just find a crossfit gym with a decent coach. I did, and the prices they quoted me were just fucking obnoxious.
>>
File: Liao Hui 170kg Snatch.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Liao Hui 170kg Snatch.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>36690937
>Implying the Y has bumpers/platforms/etc

Can't really hate on the cf gym I'm signing up for, 12 flush platforms with Eleiko equipment is pretty baller desu senpai
>>
>>36691022
It does. What kind of shithole city do you live in?
>>
>>36691037
Orlando nigga.

I'll hit it up and see if you're not a lying shit
>>
Prices suck dick but think about it. Youre socializing with people who have that kind of money. Youre paying for the enviornment and members not really for the workouts.

I got to workout at a xfit gym for a while thanks to a friend and always 12 to 3 it was just me and this blonde chick. We began talking and one day she invited me over to her place. She legit has a helicopter she uses to get around the city.

Its very unlikely youre going to come accross these people in a normal gym, in fact you get the polar opposite and fitizens.

Things are overpriced but sometimes the cost is because of the experience. There are bars that a glass of grey goose and ice costs 90 dollars.
>>
>>36690966
>Kelly Starrett

I just googled him. He doesn't even look like he lifts?
>>
>>36691022
>uni gym has a ton of bumper plates
>also has 10 oly platforms
>also has massive area for oly lifts

shame that I am transferring next semester
>>
>>36690649
I prefer to make fun of the people who pay 40 per month for a gym membership that they never use. At least CF members get something for their money.
>>
>Kelly Starrett

Can anyone look at his face and not laugh?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.