[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about buying a rumble roller. Does anyone on /fit/ have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1
File: rumble-rollers-main.jpg (41 KB, 1200x801) Image search: [Google]
rumble-rollers-main.jpg
41 KB, 1200x801
Thinking about buying a rumble roller. Does anyone on /fit/ have one? Are they worth the 70 bucks? I am not sure I can justify spending that much on one. I have knee issues and shoulder issues so it might be beneficial but I'm not sure. I have a blue standard roller right now that is kind of shot just wasn't sure what to do.
I could upgrade to the regular black dense one for 12 bucks plus 7 bucks shipping or the rumble roller for 70 with no shipping.
>>
Buy a regular one and a lacrosse ball
>>
Are you the guy that was posting about this in the /biz/ thread?
>>
That roller is absolutely worth the price.

It will never warp or flatten with use.

Cry about the price once and enjoy a great foam roller for years or buy a new shitty one every year for 12.

It really doesn't make a difference though. Even a lot of the cheap rollers and knock offs have improved to the point that virtually any roller will work fine now.

It's just a matter of how much you want to spend and how often you're willing to buy a new one once the shitty ones wear out vs the good ones that never wear out.
>>
>>36688786
I only weigh 140lbs so it would wearout less right?
>>
>>36688814

I'm 215lbs and my rumble roller is like 2 years old and I use it daily and it hasn't worn out.

If money is an issue, then just get that Amazon brand roller and a regular $2 lacrosse ball.
>>
>>36688743
Not worth it, but it does work awesome on legs, but i dont really like it for my back.
I made a roller by going to the hardware store and cutting a section of 8" class 18 pvc pipe down to size, i honestly use this more than the rumbler.
It takes a little getting used to because it is hard as shit but it works heaps better for most things.
>>
>>36688743
i got the short black one for 40$, after 1 year of use its still good. Feels amazing on thr back, for the legs i find a regular foam roller does a better job.

Try to get one on special OP, 70$ is a bit too much
>>
If you dont really workout such because you are injured, would a rumble roller be more beneficial than the regular black one?
>>
>>36688919
Do they ever have sales?
>>
>>36688743
i just take a fuckin broom stick and roll the shit out of my legs.
>>
>>36688911
Say goodbye to your bones and shit PVC is too hard on the body you fucking idiot you're killing your body
>>
>>36688973
Why would he say goodbye to his bones?
>>
>>36688973
maybe you don't have any muscle or something, but you can't feel the PVC on your bones, just muscles.
>>
>>36688973
Holy fucking shit you are a fuck lord faggot cumbucket.
Its all about technique. Literally no different to a foam roller except a foam roller takes less concentration and is easier to use, but allow as much pressure when you want it.
>>
>>36688973
I bet you give all of your friends terrible fitness advice. You probably also talk about shit you never even done before. Hell, it doesn't even sound like you know people here actually lift weights that are heavier then them.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Yes4All-Black-X-Firm-AccuPoint-Roller/dp/B00IHQAXC4

I got this chinese knockoff rumble roller about 2 years ago and it's great, just as firm and shows no signs of wear. They only come in the short version tho so if length is an issue you will have to get the expensive one.
>>
>>36688883
Its shipping where they fuck you. And the amazon one is 5 bucks, the lacrosse I mean
>>
>>36689102
>people here lift weights heavier than them
>/fit/
>>
>>36689043
No, PVC pipes damage tissue and bones in the body. Using one is terrible for you its backed by science so fuck off niggerdick.
>>
>>36689368
>its backed up by science

lololol
>>
>>36689368
>i can't really argue against so ill just say what i said before with insults
>ill also add in that its backed by science
>I don't need to prove dick to you faggots!
oldest trick in the book
>>
I use a third of a detachable barbell that's wrapped in foam
Too hard? Feels purdy gud
>>
>be me with seriously fucked up knots in back n shouldrr blades after a fucked up injury
>do massage & PT luckily parents insurance covers it
>doesn't do shit despite being like 2 months
>try out regular foam roller and tennis ball
>doesnt do shit
>buy rumble roller
>literally crying while working out the knots in my shoulder blade area
>do it like 2 weeks for 30 mins
>all knots gone

Shits cash AF get the black one
>>
>>36689570
Did you do all of this consecutively or did you just stop and after a couple of months you bought the roller?
>>
>>36689570
Too much money for that piece of shit
>>
>>36689590
I did all of that physiotherapy/massage shit which was coming close to the max of the insurance, fucking $2k and it wasn't any better

Decided to buy rumble roller and yeah it worked, no more knots
>>
>>36689570
What injury did you have? Anything on the anterior part of the shoulder?
>>
>>36689645
Nah its amazing

Pvc pipes work well on your legs but not your back

>>36689658
Wrestler fag, in first year uni I fucked it up in practice and strained it really fucking bad during scrimmage. Also hit shoulders before practice

Literally knots and tightness all over my shoulder blade area and some at the front

Try using a lacrosse ball for the front part btw
>>
If you buy from amazon you can just do the "never recieved it in mail can i get a refund?" scam and get it for free btw

Make its sold directly from amazon
>>
>>36689809
Eventually they catch on though
>>
If you don't workout because you're injured would a rumble roller be worth it?
>>
>>36689368
>backed by science
>doesn't provide any papers for citation
>>
i have one and it works amazing. i use it every night before bed or whenever i have neck pain. takes 15 seconds and my neck pain goes away.

i don't think i could live without one.
>>
Op here, blue or black one? I'm gonna get the full size because might as well right? It may be needed to help my body recover from being shit.
>>
>>36688743
I have one but I haven't tried a normal foam roller, so I can't tell you the difference. It really digs into your legs. I've gotten tears in my eyes from rolling my quads. I can't roll lats with it though, which I've heard is a good thing to do, but the spikes dig into your ribs.
>>
>>36690199
Blue or black?
>>
>>36688743
BUY CORK FOAMROLLERS
>>
>>36690281
Fuck off muhammad
>>
>>36690215
You think getting tears in your eyes is worth it? You're damaging tissue you idiot. Stop giving op bad advice.

Op, just get the standard luxpro black one. I'll work better for your injuries.
>>
>>36690481
>You're damaging tissue
Source?
>>
i have a foam roller at home. tried using it every day for a month, literally got not idea how to do it cause every guide is useless and didn't see any result

how do i into foam rolling and is there even a point to it
>>
>>36690605
Dude seriously? Look it up its everywhere. I'm not gonna hold your hand
>>
>>36690679
Ok I looked it up.
>Strength coach Mike Boyle trains average Joes, Olympians, and players from the NHL, and NFL, and Major League Baseball. One thing he has them all do: foam roll.
>So Boyle balked when he read this recent article on the Huffington Post. The article lists foam rolling mistakes, including the following:
>We're often told that if you feel a knot, spend time working that spot with the foam roller. However, some people will spend five to 10 minutes or more on the same area and attempt to place their entire body weight onto the foam roller. If you place sustained pressure on one body part, you might actually hit a nerve or damage the tissue, which can cause bruising, according to Monica Vazquez, NASM certified personal trainer and USA Track and Field Running Coach.

The fix: “Spend 20 seconds on each tender spot then move on,” Vazquez recommends. You can also manage how much body weight you use. For example, when working your IT band, plant the foot of your leg on the floor to take some of the weight off the roller.

>"It's just really bad information," Boyle says. "In fact, the idea of hitting a nerve or damaging tissue is alarmist. I've never seen either occur. Not even a bruise."
>"Thousands of athletes are rolling every day and getting good results," he says. "Don't be fooled by Internet writers taking a contrarian stance to get visitors to their site."
>>
>>36690637
This, I have one but don't know if I'm using it right
>>
>>36690784
And where in there does it say they make them use a rumble roller or a pvc pipe? Nowhere. So fuck right off stupid nigger.
>>
>>36690872
Is this your first trolling attempt lad?
>>
>>36690872
So post a source or two buddy. You can prove me wrong by taking 1 minute to do that, or you can keep using convenient excuses like "I'm not gonna do it for you".
>>
I've been using a length of PVC pipe for a while now. Does anyone else do this? Need to be a bit more careful with how much weight I throw down onto it but it can give a real nice massage.
>>
FOR INJURY REHAB, BLUE OR BLACK?
>>
>>36691379
bump
>>
OP here, im just gonna get the 10 dollar luxpro dense black one. It is still an upgrade from the blue goldsgym one i bought at walmart. Also gonna get a 5 dollar lacrosse ball with it. Maybe down the road I can get the rumble roller but I just cant make a decision right now and have been worrying about it all day. Need to just take it easy.
>>
>>36688743

I Have one, if you can opt for a cheaper one that is really hard you should. This one just has plastic spikes, the spikes are useless desu, they don't stretch you move, and the myofiscial massage you are receiving is very minimal, not worth 70$.
>>
>>36691562
Appreciate the advice
>>
>>36691562
this
>>
I want one, should I invest in the long one or just settle with a short one?
>>
>>36689118
Not buying your product, u fukuing gook
>>
>>36693427
lol
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.