[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /fit/, outsider here with a question I'm looking to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: low_carb.jpg (209 KB, 1600x501) Image search: [Google]
low_carb.jpg
209 KB, 1600x501
Hi /fit/, outsider here with a question

I'm looking to start a low carb diet (not for gains, but to compensate for my shit metabolism). Problem is I'm a college student and most of the food on campus is carb-heavy fast food. Any advice from people who've maintained ketosis in a similar situation?
>>
Dining hall have a salad bar?
>>
>>36687862
Yeah but the salad sucks. There are other places on campus to get salad though

Just checked Panera, a lot of their salads are surprisingly carb heavy
>>
>>36687895
Do you want to eat clean food or eat a meme restaurant and spend too much money? Either sack up and eat the dining hall salad bar or go to grocery store and buy salad ingredients. Don't go out and buy 9 dollar designer salads that are 1200 calories
>>
>>36687895
the salad sucks?

you put spinach, broccoli, and some fucking proteins into a bowl and pour a little vinegar on that shit. quality not gonna vary unless your school has rotten produce, in which case sue them and go buy a restaurant
>>
File: 1425259716460.jpg (23 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1425259716460.jpg
23 KB, 600x400
>2016
>still falling for keto
>>
>>36688004
Got any other suggestions for someone with a shit pancreas and insulin resistance?
>>
>>36688034

intermittent fasting

high fiber diet, eat only during a 4 hour period, fast for 20
>>
>>36688046
>insulin resistance
>choosing to cause massive blood sugar and insulin spikes followed by epic crash
>not maintaining moderate blood glucose levels by staying away from high GI foods and eating regularly throughout the day
>>
>>36687842
renegade.
do it.
>>
>>36688110
Is this a /fit/ meme because it looks kinda bullshit

Plus I'm not looking to get shredded, just to get to a healthy weight and put on a bit of muscle
>>
Grow the fuck up and learn how to go to the fucking store.

They sell fucking raw meat and veggies there. Roast the meat in a fucking oven and cut up the veggies to a fucking salad.

It's not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>36688271

Put some salt on both. Then some pepper on the meat and oil+vinegar on the salad. Eat.
>>
>>36688271
>Implying my dorm has an actual kitchen

good one anon
>>
>>36688312
Doesn't your school have at least one place you can eat how you need to? Mine had a dorm with a Mongolian BBQ type counter that was great for low carb, even if it got boring as fuck to eat all the time.
>>
>>36688352
The main meal hall, yeah. I guess it's a matter of finding the least shit-tasting food that is also not carb heavy
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.