[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do vegetables blunt the insulin response if eaten with carbs /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 6758657343_0992337bcb[1].jpg (93 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
6758657343_0992337bcb[1].jpg
93 KB, 500x333
Do vegetables blunt the insulin response if eaten with carbs /fit/?
>>
>>36686316
Vegetables have carbs in them too you fucking mong. And no they won't.
>>
>>36686316
Vegetables are carbs, retard -- and no.
>>
>>36686350
>>36686363

Either retards or trolls. Vegetables have fiber which slows carbohydrate absorption, so yes, vegetbles blunt the insulin response.
>>
>>36686391
The reason fibre slows carbohydrate absorption is because the digestible carbohydrates(starch, etc.) are found within the cell surrounded by the undigestible cell wall(fibre). It takes time for the cell walls to be physically broken down to release the digestible carbs. Fibre will not slow the absorption of carbs that outside of a sealed cell. If you eat a large amount of granular sugar and several carrots, you will still get a huge blood sugar/insulin spike.
>>
>>36686391
That's not how it works. Vegetables on their own would slow themselves down.

The effect won't overlap with drinking a soda or something. You're a fat idiot.
>>
>>36686316
What? No! Where the fuck did you get that idea from?
>>
>trying to micromanage your insulin levels

just stop eating shit you fat fuck
>>
>>36686316
Dude, peas and carrots are awesome, it's a downright shame that people feel the need to make a jelly bean version of something that already tastes good
Why don't they make candy vaginas while they're at it too?
>>
No but worrying about insulin spikes is some irrelevant mom tier shit.
>>
File: hey it's socko.jpg (339 KB, 947x2300) Image search: [Google]
hey it's socko.jpg
339 KB, 947x2300
>>36686391
Congrats. You're one of the fat, delusional retards giving other idiots advice on /fit/.
>>
>>36686316
Yes, great results have been observed after continuous intake of vegetables with simple carbohydrates in 100:1 mass ratio.
>>
>>36686516
>>36686350
>>36686363
>>36686446

Turns out I was the retard. I apologize. Eating extra fiber doesn't slow the absorption of carbs, although it seems that extra fat doesn't either. Just for the record, I eat a very clean diet, but I was mistaken in this case.
>>
File: trump thumbs up1.gif (2 MB, 480x266) Image search: [Google]
trump thumbs up1.gif
2 MB, 480x266
>>36686565
At least you admitted it. Carry on.
>>
>>36686565
Least you had the balls to admit it and you're walking away more knowledgable
I'd call it a win for everyone
>>
>>36686316
Depends. If you ingest the carbs over a longer period you will blunt the insulin response. Fibre and resistant starches can do this to some degree by slowing absorption of carbs.

Veg can also have carbs undigested, so if a poor experiment is done that doesn't take into account sugars stuck behind undigestible cellulose or sugars lost while cooking like in boiling it might seem like it does something like this when you're really just eating less carbs.

But yeah if you just want to blunt insulin response without reducing carbs just pick at your food over a longer period.
>>
>>36686502
I eat a cup (raw) of oats cooked with a banana and 2tbsp of peanut butter along with eggs for breakfast in the morning, and I almost invariably feel like shit by shortly before noon. Supposedly healthy foods, but the huge amount of carbs in the oats just kills me. I wonder if mixing that in with other fiberz could help.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.