[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there seriously anyone in the internet that you can trust
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: coacheslol.jpg (134 KB, 670x449) Image search: [Google]
coacheslol.jpg
134 KB, 670x449
Is there seriously anyone in the internet that you can trust in regards to working fitness and diets?

It appears that everyone has the $0.2 and that almost everyone have a product to sell.

>But if he gives it away for free it seems that his product is not effective. Or that he has some sort of freak genetics that works for him and somehow its the holy grail.

>But if he sells it that means he just wants to get paid and dont really give a shit about his shit product
>>
Just do SS ya fag
>>
>>36685843
scooby
piana
rippetoe, but his diet is shit
>>
lyle mcdonald, jordan feigenbaum and alan aragon are good for nutrition for lifters.
>>
>>36685843
Just experiment and do what works best for you.
>>
>>36685843
You've gotta experiment and find what works for you.
>>
>>36685843
>20 cents
>>
>>36685918
>>36685912
Jinx
>>
>>36685890
>rippetoe, but his diet is shit
no, it's just misunderstood by people who won't read the book. his dietary advice is basically eat a decent amount of protein, eat enough to make progress, don't eat so much that you get fat and stay between 10-20% body fat. nothing he says is particularly crazy before it's put through the internet-retard-filter
>>
>>36685843
Helms, Aragon, McDonald. If you're skint just torrent there stuff, Helms two new books are pretty good mayn!
>>
>>36685928
Haha great minds think alike ;)
>>
Thoughts on Athlean-X?
>>
Jim Wendler
Dan John
Bill Starr
Johnny Pain
Among a few others...

Generally old school hardass shit. Just put in the time, put in the effort, get strong as fuck. You can cut to 4% and be a Calvin Klein model *after* you are benching 1.5x and squatting 2.0x your bodyweight.
>>
>>36685843
Menno Henselmans seems pretty good for bodybuilding. Mike Tuscherer for powerlifting.
>>
>>36685935
I dunno, I think I read shit on T-Nation by him that said you gotta eat like 5000 or 6000 calories per day and I just don't know anyone who isn't on roids who'd need that much food, you'd reach 20% body fat in like two weeks. Mighta been some other number but it was still disgustingly huge.
>>
File: 1374430374339.png (214 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1374430374339.png
214 KB, 393x391
ITT people that were the target demographics of marketers AND fell for the scheme and now follow them like a cult. Like the PUA and Alpha Male shit (paleo, anyone?)

As for OP, this is why you find a coach/certified personal trainer IRL, that is either the same race as you or trained people you want to become/look like.

The Internet is like the wild west bro, why do you think politicians are eager to coral it? Besides personal gain and profit? Read everything here with a grain of salt. Even my response.
>>
Bodybuilders aren't worth listening to for diet advice
>>
>>36685843
Dom Mazzetti is totally legit
>>
>>36686228

Jim Stoppani has a PhD. tho

Listen to Rich Piana tho
>>
>>36686257

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuIHSfSoKxs
>>
It sucks so many people are trying to profit and brand themselves. Its kind of cool too though because one day you realize there are a million ways apparently to progress in the gym. So make your own thats fun and effective.

Man i squat twice a day 6 days a week. I am 10% away from squating triple body weight. I got this far listening to no one.
>>
File: 1374057477930.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
1374057477930.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>36686276
>dat youtube channel

Im not even going to bother playing it
>>
>>36686305
Then you got a dude who didnt need to waste as much time squatting who can squat as much and maybe more than you can.

See that?
>>
Alan thrall, Omar Isuf and supertraining06
>>
>>36686276
>listening to a skinnyfat vegan

seriously dude? We all know vegans are not all there top kek
>>
>>36686325

Well hes going to have to show me his powerlifting medals and ranking. Im pretty sure everyone at my level lives at the gym.

If lifting as little as possible is in the back of your mind then you are not going to ever be remarkable. When you hit the gym you need to think for yourself...im going to be doing this shit for the next 20-30years! How can i ensure longevity, what can i do to be consistent.

If youre going for abs and thats all you aspire to then just do p90x and gtfo off fit
>>
File: 1374608514168.jpg (16 KB, 495x200) Image search: [Google]
1374608514168.jpg
16 KB, 495x200
>>36686418
>all that salt

Watch out guys, we got a badass over here!

All I am saying is maximizing your output. I am not going to say that lifting as much as you do is the way to go, nor am I saying x's, y's, or z's method is the best. That is kind of the point of this discussion.

>How do I get to where i want to be without having to waste time and effort?
>>
File: kanye_laughing.jpg (31 KB, 310x322) Image search: [Google]
kanye_laughing.jpg
31 KB, 310x322
>>36686418
>at my level lives at the gym
>implying random fat guy at /fit/ in legit powerlifting competitions and actually lifts

I cringed just reading that post. I would pay good money to see that shit tho

>'y-you mirin?' as his knees buckle mid lift
>tfw
>>
>>36686113
Bulk and cut?
That shit doesn't work for anyone save for people who are extremely talented at dieting, teenage and young adult males and gear users.

It's a stupid fucking meme.

Bullshit that's pushed on the net?
Squat should be done no matter what. Some people can't do the squat.

Bodyweight training doesn't do anything. Only people who say that have some weights/gym memberships to sell

Lifting weights is the only way to get strong. See above

Running for long distances is good for you. It is not.
Injuries from weight lifting are entirely your fault and if you were better at it then you wouldn't be injuried. Everyone who lifts will get injured, period. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a lying scumbag who is trying to sell you something.

Running is bad for you. That is a lie. It is good for you up to a point.

You can look like the models/lifter/athletes or function like the models lifters athletes. No you can not. Not ever. You can look and function like a better version of yourself if you live healthily, with moderation, and keep active and see exercise as a way to enhance your life.
Exercise as a way of life is not healthy.

Athletes are the pinnacle of health. No they are not.
They are mostly sick from all of the injuries, and are no longer normal humans because of how they have trasnformed their bodies and minds into that of organic machines designed to be a certain way and the types and kinds of drugs they take.
Models are almost all sick as well.

No, men do not want to see swole women with sixpacks. Those men who want to see that get paid for every dumb broad who thinks lowering their bodyfat that low is really healthy, or are lesbians pretending to be men online.

Low fat is not healthy, 100% vegan is not healthy or even naturally possible, low carb is not healthy, most modern foods is not healthy, plastics are not healthy. I can go on.
>>
>>36686480
>>How do I get to where i want to be without having to waste time and effort?

I answered this. Its not going to happen. Lifting is all about time and effort especially time.

>inb4 roids

You gotta meet the dealer and pay him for the drugs. Aka time and effort.
>>
>>36685843
Trust me. Squats and oats.
>>
>>36685912
This. You could pick any of the popular workouts, do it for 3-6 months and see what happens. Everyone is different so what worked for one person might not work for another. For example, I started out with starting strength and my results were mediocre at best. Eventually I switched to a PPL routine and got great results in less time. That doesn't mean starting strength was a total waste. It familiarized me with proper form for some of the compound lifts and gave me a lot of practice. You could talk to another guy who had opposite results (ppl was useless for him and starting strength was great). The first several years of working out are filled with playing around and testing what does and doesn't work for you.
>>
Can anybody say anything about Candito? He was even advised by Scooby, but his eyebrows make me unsure if I can trust him
>>
>>36686532
>time and effort especially time.

So why don't you go to the gym 24/7? Very little sleep, just knock it out! There is a point where the time and effort you put forth is inefficient.

You are one of those who think that his method is the end all be all.
>>
>>36686521
you just bluepilled everyone
>>
You are your own best personal trainer (and so are anons on here) Keep trying stuff until you find what works for you.

I was doing Full Body routines and then trying 5 day bro splits and getting shitty results. Then I posted on /fit/ back in 2013 and some anon told me to try PPLxPPL and since doing that I've made amazing gains.
>>
>>36686603
>It sucks so many people are trying to profit and brand themselves. Its kind of cool too though because one day you realize there are a million ways apparently to progress in the gym. So make your own thats fun and effective.

I do what i do because i enjoy it and that guarantees me lifting for years to come. If you lift on and off for a few months here and there youre not gonna get far.
>>
>>36686603

I gotta go. Im not telling you to do what i do at all. You never have to squat in your life for all i care if you dont like it. Just do something that will make you go to the gym.

I am not saying the time you spend in a day makes you progress. When i say time i mean the next 10, 20, or 30years.

The people who benefit the most from the gym are those who are consistant. So one guy might get to the same point as another 1year faster! Who cares, youll both be at the same point one day and stuck there together.
>>
>>36685843
omar surfclam isuf is probably the most honest fitness rep. he openly says when he's advertising a product.

elliot hulse is honest... but he's so stupid that his honest delusions are still fucking delusions. Theres no way im letting an asian manlet finger the emotions out of me "for gains"
>>
>>36686521
Wow, someone with a brain? On /fit/?
>>
>>36686521
>I can go on.
Please do.
>>
>>36686651
Get where faster?

You don't get stronger faster without taking shortcuts and or putting yourself at real risk.
Anyone who tells you otherwise is retarded.

The thing that all truly strong men of the past had in common?
They did something SOMETHING everyday and ate and lived well and listened to their body and took their time.

They're slowly building longstanding pyramids out of stone so that they can last the long years, not erecting a sky scraper out of cheap metals and concrete as an ego stroke to show off to other idiots.
>>
>>36686305
Stack?
>>
>>36685843
> If you receive money for it, you must not care

Wtf why do people think this? This is only true for wage cucks and job slaves who got into "safe" majors like accounting, medicine, business, or engineering for the potential high pay, but literally spend all their free times doing other shit they like (e.g. family, friends, dating, video games, anime, lifting, etc).

People who are in decidedly "unsafe" majors like acting, fitness, novel writing, etc, got into it because they loved it so much and so blindly that they're actually willing to stupidly put their future lives on the line just to do it. And you're telling me these are the kinds of people who will stop working if offered a little money? Hell no, these people live to do their work, not work so they can live.
>>
Lee Hayward.
>>
>>36686638
>and so are anons on here
I probably will take the word of an anon her a tad bit more seriously.

I know it's naive as fuck, but in the greater scheme of things anon don't want anything from me. So I shall give anon the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe he is a stud, or maybe he is a skinny fat dyel
>>
>>36686937

Greed bro, if my passion is making a shit ton of money (similar to the professions you described) nothing is really stopping me from doing what I want.

That's the modern market. Why the fuck do I care if in the end my product sucks? You already bought it and you can't prove it sucks.

companies selling snake oil marketing it as test boosters, mass gainers do it all the time
>>
>>36686587
Bumping this plz
>>
>>36685843
2 amps of test a week (500mg) is like $20 from pharmacy or 80 a month, do you really believe there are any natural lifter on youtube?

LOL
O
L
>>
>>36686521
I agree with everything you said except for bulking and cutting I cannot yet concede that fact because it has to be the only way, you gain muscle and then cut the fat, really isn't that complicated and how is that a meme?
>>
Piano
Rip
Dan John
Bret Contreras
Black fuckin lenny
>>
>>36685935
>stay between 10-20% body fat
Yeah, shit.
>>
>>36687568
I guess he is talking about cutting and bulking in the meme kind of way?

You can technically "bulk up" for a few calories above maintenance, don't have to be too much calories as the meme suggested
>>
>>36686521
Bodyweight works
>>
>>36687568
Bulking has always been pushed as eat a lot of garbage that is not even close to healthy while lifting in hopes of bullying their body into increasing muscle mass. But they'll mostly just increase FAT mass and cause a whole host of problems.
And you can not cut that much excess fat without losing a chunk of the muscle mass unless you are a fucking wizard at dieting or are on drugs.
>>
>>36688171
Yes I know. I'm saying that people lie about bodyweight training being useless because they have something to sell. Or they're fucking retarded.
>>
>>36688206
So I guess the realistic solution is one of the following;

Unreasonable bulk
>Bulk excessively where you will bulk that you have a lot of muscle mass to spare when you cut

Lean bulk
>Bulk just enough to develop muscle mass but not too much that excess calories turn to fat
>>
>>36685843
Alan aragon, bret contreras, brad schoenfeld, sérgio fontinhas and jose antonio. All part of the cissn, the best sports nutrition course there is
>>
>>36685843
Mark Bell, Jim Wendler, Dave Tate, Clint Darden

Everything else you learn through experience & face to face with those around your gym
>>
>>36689113
>Mark Bell, Jim Wendler, Dave Tate, Clint Darden

Men to trust if you're looking to cripple yourself
>>
>>36686015
That dude goes on and on and on...
>>
>>36686015
I like it. Don't care for his video titles most of the time but the content is good.
>>
>>36686521

/true
>>
>>36685843
Rip is best coach. Hands down.
>>
>>36685843
Brandon, Piana, Jerry Ward. You need to look past the fact that they push products if they actually put out helpful content or training advice as a natty even though most of them are in gear. Everyone's gotta make some money. That's just the business model. If you're decently educated about fitness then you already know you don't NEED all of these products and most if not all these people were taking drugs along with their product to give them their results.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.