[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ whats your neck harness 1rep max? On a serious note: What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: solid.jpg (13 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
solid.jpg
13 KB, 400x400
/fit/ whats your neck harness 1rep max?

On a serious note: What do you guys think about this exercise?
Is this effective for building bigger traps?

Jim Wendler and several other big guys (like the Greyskull guy for example) recommend doing this high volume after every workout.

Redpill me on neck harness pls
>>
It's really not necessary unless you're gonna be playing a sport where a lot of stress could be put on your neck, eg. football lineman, MMA
>>
File: neckd_2.gif (75 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
neckd_2.gif
75 KB, 500x500
>>36685418
c'mon i'm not an expert but those don't hit traps. if you've got a pencil neck go for it, if you train boxing, wrestling or another martial art it will give you resistance against going ko and getting neck injuries. if your neck is already good and you don't train in any of those sports then it's a total waste of time
>>
>he thinks the neck and the traps are the same muscle
lmao

will make your actual neck thicker though, traps just make it thicker around your neck which gives you a weird look if you have a pencil neck
>>
i wouldn't say it's effective for "building traps", but rather for building a strong neck

1. there would be a problem with only doing the neck harness for extension of the neck since tight extensors (and weak flexors) are generally the source of bad cervical posture

2. also, it's not very intelligent to load the cervical spine like that and then have it move under a load (that'd be the equivalent of having a flexed spine under a squat), although you'd probably be fine under light loads

so, all you have to do is address these two things. you'll use the neck harness with a pulley machine (so that you can load your neck in all four directions) and you'll do isometric holds for around a minute while keeping your cervical spine neutral. this would be coherent with the way we train our abs - we do ab wheel roll-outs and planks because we're training the abs to prevent movement rather than execute it. the same thing goes for the neck
>>
>>36685418
I injured my neck & herniated the 3 discs in my cervical spine about 22 years ago. Went about 5 years with it fucked up & dealt with the pain.
Then I bought a neck harness & it changed everything. It won't add size but will strengthen the muscles. I use it after workouts 3 times a week, twice with high rep (30)& once with low reps. Make sure its used in all 4 movements. Front (like in pic) I've worked up to 5 reps with 180lb dumbbell.
>>
>>36685418
I use a resistance band 6 days a week for the last few months. I got fairly lean for the first time and my neck got small and looked ridiculous and it's definitely helped a lot. These are neck exercises not traps though.
>>
>>36685974
Why do you say it won't add size? what makes the neck muscles any different from other muscles that they can't grow?
>>
I HAVE BEEN GOING FROM SKELLY TO LEGIT OTTERMODE OVER 2.5 YEARS BUT I STILL HAVE A BABY NECK

PLEASE GIVE MORE INFO ON HOW TO ACTUALLY USE IT
>>
>>36686198
>why does is not add size

In my opinion & experience the neck is much like the calve muscle but more stubborn. The big difference is that calves stand out because they are all alone while the neck is surrounded by other muscles (traps & chest) that can give the illusion of a large neck.

Certain muscle just react differently.
>>
>>36686198
You have to remember that the smaller a muscle is (compared to other muscles of the body) the less it will grow. Quads, glutes, pecs, tris are big muscles so the grow bigger & faster. Neck, abductors, hands, jaw ... are smaller & have limited potential.
>>
>>36685569

and how to build a bigger neck
>>
Would people think I'm autistic if I bring a harness with me to the gym to train neck?
>>
File: WendlerBack.jpg (50 KB, 732x412) Image search: [Google]
WendlerBack.jpg
50 KB, 732x412
>>36685569

So how do I get a thick yolk then?

I want big traps and a strong neck, cuz dat powerlook in t-shirts is the real shit.
>>
>>36687119
>So how do I get a thick yolk then?
Yolk? As in egg yolk?

Lol at Americans not knowing their own language.
>>
>>36687119
YOKE
O
K
E
>>
doing the exercise in the pic I can do 3x10 20kg.
>>
>>36687021
"you'll use the neck harness with a pulley machine (so that you can load your neck in all four directions) and you'll do isometric holds for around a minute while keeping your cervical spine neutral"
>>
>>36687264

Not American. Also typo so who cares breh
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.