[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I almost failed a squat today. Have you ever failed a squat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 9252753.png (51 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
9252753.png
51 KB, 240x232
I almost failed a squat today. Have you ever failed a squat?
>>
>>36685067
From time to time it happens, happened a lot more when I was still a beginner because I didn't have as good of an idea of what I'd fail on. Once you start setting up correctly and being more consistent, you won't fail reps much.

In the last year I've only failed reps on the pl platform

My question to you is: why did you make an entire thread about this?
>>
>>36685135
Because I've never seen someone at my gym fail one and was wondering how common it is. I imagine it would be a pretty big deal because of the noise and everything.
>>
>>36685158
That's why you bench with a spotter, squat in the rack, and deadlift on the platform, so failing isn't a big deal
>>
>>36685183
I'm only talking about squats. And yeah I squat in the rack but I've still never seen anyone fail one.
>>
>>36685207
Because average Joe is too afraid to fail so he squats high
>>
>>36685158

>implying anyone cares about a failed lift

Put on the mask and maybe somebody will.
>>
I've been lifting for almost 2 years and still haven't failed a squat. maybe I'm just too much of a pussy, but it seems quite easy to predict when I'll fail based on how much of a grind my last heavy workout was. I get to a point where my form turns to shit on the last couple of reps and I feel like dying. I don't see the point in adding even more weight next time when I get to that point.
>>
>>36685067
when i was a beginner yes. a lot. but nowadays i know my limit and where i can push myself without fucking up.
>>
>>36685067
If you've never failed a squat, you've never actually tried hard enough
>>
>>36685304
or you're a good planner. ideally you shouldn't fail squats at all, except possibly in competitions.
>>
Not sure what your program looks like, OP, but failing is quite fatiguing. Maybe you should lower your percentages, or are you doing a linear program/ a program with amraps?
>>
>>36685407
Greyskull - I did 8 reps in the last set. Should have stopped after 7 t.b.h.
>>
>>36685067
>twf no squat rack
>defeat is not an option

I am yet to figure out what to do in case I wont be able to get up. Approaching 2pl8 now, so I should probably start thinking about it.
>>
failed twice, with a 595 and 405 back and front respectively. Im in that camp that you will eventually fail a squat if your training hard
>>
only once so far, but i've only been training for a little under a year. prior to that i intentionally 'failed' a few in order to learn how to do it safely, and i'm very glad that i did.
>>
>>36685482
Learn to bail out and dump it behind you. I dumped 110kg two days ago. Go to YouTube and watch Lu Xiaojun dump 300kg. It's not so bad once you learn how to do it
>>
>>36685067
yesterday was actually the first time I failed a squat. But I had the safeties set up so I could drop it behind me no problem
>>
I tend to fail reps when I go to failure. I'm not going let myself of easily and tell myself I can't do any more when I'm at the top.
>>
>>36687332
>I tend to fail reps when I go to failure
No kidding?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.