[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /fit/'s thoughts on this short article? Is th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 381x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 381x424
What are /fit/'s thoughts on this short article?

Is this a more realistic approach for a natty lifter/athlete that just wants to look good with his shirt off but doesn't want the pursuit to consume his life?

Or is much finer detail required for gaining an aesthetic physique?

>inb4 muh powerlifter hamplanets

http://www.jimwendler.com/2011/09/time-to-man-up/
>>
>>36682625
This is shit.
>>
>encourages men to "do" instead of only looking the part
>sets out an exercise regimen which achieves nothing
>>
>"people are not attracted to vanity - they are attracted to confidence and passion."
>"people are not attracted to vanity"
>>
>>36682625
> 1. Stretch 2. Lift 3. Sprint
Enjoy your injuries.

> Do this all the time – no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit.
> Enjoy your no gains.
>>
>>36682625
>inb4 muh powerlifter hamplanets
>written by Jim Wendler
Really?
>>36683054
Are you implying 5/3/1 is not how a huge part of western powerlifters train?
>>
>>36683138
No, not at all - I had the impression he was saying "Be a manly man who achieves things, don't pursue looks for vanity" and I thought it was hypocritical that he wasn't encouraging people to exercise their muscles achieving or working on something with a result at the end other than your own appearance and health.
>>
>>36682625
It's worth bearing in mind this article is against working out to achieve an aesthetic physique, so if that's what you want it would be a strange place to look for advice on how to achieve it.
>>
Is it really so hard to conceive that people might do something for reasons different than yours?
>stop doing things that i don't like waaaaaaa
>>
5/3/1 is an excellent program.
Wendler, however, seems like a cunt.
>>
>>36683078
Well true people arent atrracted to vanity.
They only put up with that shit if youre good looking
>>
>>36683261
I thought he meant vanity in the sense of being "good-looking", as in no-one is attracted to aesthetics.
>>
>>36683120
Why does lifting and sprint guarantee injury?
>>
>>36684330
Stretching BEFORE lifting raises chance of injury. You are supposed to do it after your exercise.
The small disadvantage between stretching before can be enough to fuck up your deadlift and cause a serious injury, for instance.
>>
File: zane vacuum.jpg (58 KB, 697x463) Image search: [Google]
zane vacuum.jpg
58 KB, 697x463
>Implying people care more about your powerlifting total than your looks
>Not autistic
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.