[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I cant squat because long femurs and poor ankle mobility. Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: download.png (4 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4 KB, 256x197
I cant squat because long femurs and poor ankle mobility. Is leg press a good replacement
>>
>>36680781
No. When will lankets learn?
>>
>>36680793
it's getting sad to be H
>>
>>36680781
Quit finding excuses for exercises that are "too hard" for you. Man up, learn proper form, don't be retarded and ego lift.
>>
Terrible responces
>>
>>36680781
You can still squat you just will never be able to squat as much weight as someone with a more ideal body structure. You should still squat for the sake of getting fuckin joocy. Who cares if you will never be a world class squatter, not like you're competing.
>>
>>36680781
Ankle mobility can be trained, just stretch those fuckers. Also if you're lifting for numbers you should re-evaluate your life.

Sumo squats might also help but need greater hip mobility.
>>
>>36680781
Squat with your knees over your toes (stretch ankles), do highbar and maybe widen you stance.

This way you don't have to lean forward as much.
>>
>>36680781
i share your pain, OP. I can't squat flat footed without falling over backwards because of my long legs.

if you don't care about your squat number then just do leg press and all the other leg shit, but if you want to squat then try putting something under your heels so you don't fall over.
>>
>>36680781
Rippetoe says the second stick figure is right.
>>
>>36682388
what about in base of doing a routine like stronglifts 5x5 where you are lifting for numbers, what else would you lift for reps? i dont particularly feel like doing crossfit
>>
I have the same problem OP, but I do front squats just to improve my leverage while keeping proper form.
>>
>>36683105
well left is highbar squat and right is lowbar
theyre both proper form
>>
>>36680781
>My proportions aren't optimal
>Can't squat

These are NOT the same things. Look at Lame Norton, he even set a record. Be honest with yourself instead. You don't WANT to squat. Now why is that? Only you know. It's probably because you're a giant pussy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPkOMRqPrd8
>>
File: squat stretches.jpg (682 KB, 608x4152) Image search: [Google]
squat stretches.jpg
682 KB, 608x4152
Do pic related daily preferably several times a day until you can squat with good form. Until then do leg press.

Don't fall for the meme of doing squats without proper mobility especially if you have poor proportions. No amount of cues will fix your form without adequate mobility. You will just end up doing them with poor form and going to snap city.
>>
>Can you squat as much with a long femur?
No
>Can you still build muscle and look j00ci3
Yes

Sure, you COULD do leg press, it won't change the fact your femurs are long and it will still be harder than the average leg though.
You'll also miss out on the benefits of squatting.

Just squat.
>>
File: im totally 6ft.png (68 KB, 202x162) Image search: [Google]
im totally 6ft.png
68 KB, 202x162
>>36683295
HA
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
There are couple of things you can do as far as long femurs and squatting are concerned:

1) widen your stance so the leverages make it easier for you to keep your body more upright/make reaching depth while keeping a rigid core and flexed glutes easier. there's a point of diminishing returns, however, where there's a lot of strain on your knees if your stance becomes super-wide (think sumo-deadlifting).

2) stretch your ankles, hip flexors and glutes so you can squat with your knees in front of your toes and essentially 'stack' your tall ass body on top of itself - this requires some flexibility but will enable you to squat with a more narrow stance. you'll have a great deal of ROM to go through and a lot of time under tension. focus on keeping your upper body upright and place the bar high (if your torso is short in comparison to your femurs).

3) disregard squatting large amouns of weight and focus on variety - add front squats, leg curls, static holds, lunges, split squats to get your legs up to size.. people who're at a morphological disadvantage for squatting can't rely on it as a be all end all solution for juicy legs

4) replace squats entirely with the hacksquat machine if you genuinely don't like them
>>
>>36680781
6'2" lankmeister here, I can squat more in a front bar than any kind of back squat. Make the switch and you'll probably never look back.

Also, no; leg press is not a good replacement unless there's something wrong with your legs and you need the safeties.
>>
>>36680781
Poor bastard.
>>
>>36683329
?
>>
>>36680781
leg press is shit. just use a wider stance on your squats
>>
Weightlifting shoes or plates under your heels will help a lot. Toes out as well
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.