[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every single part of my brother's diet is a dumb meme >spinach
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: healthy-diet.jpg (909 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
healthy-diet.jpg
909 KB, 1000x1000
Every single part of my brother's diet is a dumb meme

>spinach and veggies are healthy gotta eat lots of em
>nuts are a good protein source
>gotta avoid saturated fats and carbs
>gotta watch my dairy intake
>gotta try to eat gluten-free

He's lost 30 pounds since his surgery last year (esophagectomy) and now he's basically anorexic with no muscles whatsoever. I keep telling him he needs to increase his protein intake by like 200%. He never listens, partly because he thinks he's "educated" and knows some shit about food corporations trying to scam him, and partly I think because he takes pride in being an beta nu-male.

What should I do about this? Should I just sneak a scoop of whey into his blueberry smoothies in the morning?
>>
File: ok.... yea.gif (2 MB, 412x229) Image search: [Google]
ok.... yea.gif
2 MB, 412x229
>>36680046
>>gotta avoid saturated fats and carbs
>>
>>spinach and veggies are healthy gotta eat lots of em
>>gotta avoid saturated fats

nothing meme about this
>>
I mean...what's wrong with any of that? Not everyone wants to get hyuge, anon.
>>
>>36680067
>>36680077
>>36680089
>what's wrong with any of it
what's wrong with it is none of it will help him gain the weight he needs to get back after surgery
>>
>>36680077
Vegetables contain anti-nutrients. Saturated fat is essential for testosterone production.
>>
Are you his doctor, gym rat? Leave him alone and be glad hes alive
>>
>>36680046

>my brother's eating healthy, how do I stop him

You from tumblr?
>>
>>36680119
So what should he eat science man?
>>
>>36680146
>>36680123
>>36680119
Am I not explaining myself well enough? He was a healthy weight before the surgery, lost like 20 pounds immediately afterwards because he was on an all-liquid diet, and then lost another 10 pounds slowly over the course of a year, because of his meme diet, when he should have been gaining weight
>>
>>36680046
Leave him be. It's his life, not yours. You are not your brother's keeper.

Instead, be the change you want to see in the world.
>>
>>36680169
Is his diet restricted? Throw so PB in dem shakes
>>
>>36680197
He does like peanut butter. I'll suggest he add that to his routine
>>
>>36680119
>vegetables contain anti-nutrients

Now who's memeing. Also, do you even hormetic response?
>>
>>36680174
Gheeeeeeeeyyyyy
>>
>>36680046

For real though, the last three can legit have benefits for performance. Some people just react differently to gluten and lactose.

But yeah, get this man on some meat. And if he continues to be a tard, bait him into eating 300 cals of broccoli a day.
>>
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 1200x900
>>36680046
Even if I play Devils advertisement for him here, you're brother is doing well and had a good foundation, let him do his thing. For all intensive purposes it's working, at least he doesn't have some fatties lazyfair attitude towards food lad.
>>
>>36680046
Except for the gluten-free meme, all of the above are pretty fucking right.
>>
>>36680067
Only the carb part is wrong. Saturated fats are pro inflammatory
>>
>>36680119
Testosterone comes from CHOLESTEROL not fucking saturated fats
And your body has no need to take cholesterol from foods, you can make your own.
>>
File: ha2g1m9dzby5bmfxnv3y.jpg (30 KB, 713x405) Image search: [Google]
ha2g1m9dzby5bmfxnv3y.jpg
30 KB, 713x405
>>36682168
advertisement
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.