[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck even is "stress"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
what the fuck even is "stress"?
>>
it's what i put on the inside of your mom's vagina with my penis
>>
>>36678747
Small damage that accumulates, mentally and physically
>>
>>36678747
The release of cortisol and adrenalin and a couple other things to shut down unnecessary systems like the immune system temporarily to leave more resources available for the body to overcome an immediately challenging or dangerous circumstance. If this never stops, the body doesn't turn those systems back up and the body is more susceptible to disease, repairs itself worse, learns new information more slowly and just generally lames the fuck out.
>>
>>36678747
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=stress
>>
>>36678747
>The number 1 killer
>>
It's a made up diesease like autism
>>
>>36678747
force/area
>>
>>36678807
This.
And if you haven't felt it either you are a sociopath or you are not pushing yourself hard enough with the work gains.
>>
>>36679091
what happens if its the only thing I feel
>>
>>36679224

better than feeling nothing.
>>
>>36678747
response to a stimulus from the enviroment.
>>
I have social anxiety but I literally have no idea what stress is or feels like
>>
>>36678747
Perpendicular force over a specified area.
>>
>>36679273

so literally anything a human does is stress
>>
>>36678747
cortisol
>>
a song that describes the future of europe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWaWsgBbFsA
>>
>>36680551
I actually enjoyed this song before I saw the clip, just what the fuck?
>>
N/m2
>>
>>36680551
well done, mr gebbels
now back to /pol/
>>
Staying stuck in a short-term emergency state long-term.
>>
>>36678821
As Nietzsche says, he learned to approach problems "like a cold bath, quickly in and quickly out".
>>
>>36679273
even when the stimulus goes away, it reverberates for years through imagination and unconscious thought.
>>
The release of adrenaline or nor-adrenaline to trigger a fight or flight response, which is terrible for your body over the long term. Interestingly, which type of adrenaline that gets released determines whether you go in fight mode or flight mode. Most people can experience both but their brain tends to favour one or the other.
>>
>>36678747
Inability to cope
Or
Poor coping skills
>>
>>36683397
Flight mode here. Whenever shit gets bad, i just want to be alone. At times, i'd hide in a fucking cave if i could, haha.
>>
>>36678834
>he thinks people still click these things
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.