[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, is swimming a good exercise to cut body fat? We all know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: swimming.jpg (2 MB, 2362x1529) Image search: [Google]
swimming.jpg
2 MB, 2362x1529
/fit/, is swimming a good exercise to cut body fat?

We all know it's great cardio, but apparently the cold of the water triggers your body to store a layer of fat. Is this a myth, or is it accurate? Will swimming stop me from being able to cut to 10% bf?
>>
>>36675765
>cold of the water triggers your body to store a layer of fat

Obviously, avoid water at all cost if you can't swim with at least a sweater or something.
>>
File: fitnessgoals.jpg (126 KB, 1544x2048) Image search: [Google]
fitnessgoals.jpg
126 KB, 1544x2048
>>36675765
Not OP but bumping for interest, I'm going to start swimming for cardio over the summer
>>
>>36675765

> cold of the water triggers your body to store a layer of fat

lol at that. Come on man.

Swimming is great cardio. Probably my favorite or maybe biking.

Losing fat is all about being in a caloric deficit. Sure swimming will burn calories but to lose weight you need to check your diet.
>>
>>36675765
How will swimming affect my physique? Will it have any real effect on building muscles etc?
>>
>>36675765
you're body will need to warm itself and therefore burn more calories
your body doesn't "decide" to store fat because of reasons this is not how it works
>>
>>36675765
It is great cardio, but wear a swimming hat or else the chlorine will trigger baldness hormones.
>>
>>36675840
It depends, if you want to build muscle with swimming it's probably a bad idea tho, just lift

source: skinny fat swimmer
>>
>>36675868
Why does swimming prevent gains?
>>
>>36675920
It doesn't prevent anything, it's just that if you want to build muscle, lifting will be way more efficient than swimming. Obviously you'll still see some gains if you work on speed.
>>
>>36675949
What if I lift and use swimming for cardio?
>>
>>36675965
Then it's fine !
>>
>>36675765
SWIMMING IS GOD TIER

however it's not the best for losing weight desu. you're better off running/cycling.

swimming keeps you cool, so when you're done swimming you're really really fucking hungry
>>
>>36675765
I heard some pseudoscience once that swimming and being in the water works out muscles that never get worked, so you kind of even out your physique really well by swimming. Is this bullshit
>>
I am a competitive swimmer, and can confirm it is amazing at cutting fat assuming you can swim at a moderate pace.
>>
I consider swimming to be hands down the best cardio workout you can do. I did swimming and track in high school, I'm an avid biker but the best cardio workouts I've ever had were swimming.
My coach was a former navy seal he had us swim in shirts and pants, shit was brutal but effective.
>>
>>36675965

That's totally fine but swimming burns quite a few calories so you have to be eating a bit more.

>>36676441

It's mostly bullshit. Swimming works a lot of muscles but not enough to make a huge difference aesthetically. It can help improve flexibility though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.