[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
h-hey /fit/, /v/ here i'm tired of being a /v/irgin so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1436823246071.jpg (953 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1436823246071.jpg
953 KB, 1680x1050
h-hey /fit/, /v/ here

i'm tired of being a /v/irgin so i stopped drinking soda and eating sugar this week

i haven't done any exercise in 5 years so i don't think going to the gym is a good idea, people will just laugh at me

i'm not a very good runner, is swimming a good exercise to build stamina/strength before starting at the gym?

i'm 23, 90kg and 1,80m
i was going to post a body picture but i'm afraid to be bullied so have keions instead
>>
File: trigger1.gif (2 MB, 643x539) Image search: [Google]
trigger1.gif
2 MB, 643x539
>>
Go to the gym you faggot.

No one will laugh, no one will give a shit.

Also read the sticky.

Faggot.
>>
You'll be fine, I'm a shy anime faggot who's fatter than that and I do fine at my cheap-ass bro gym
>>
>>36674123
>>36674127
already read it but it's a bit confusing
sorry for creating a thread though
>>
Sticky, gym.
THE most respected people in gyms are beginners doing their best.
>>
>>36674108
who are these semen demens
>>
>>36674108
you are not so fat... Go to the gym or do Martial Arts...
Enjoy!! Soon you will think about working out all day :D
>>
>>36674152
Well, what don't you get?
>>
>>36674167
What's the confusing part?
Also this is a fitness board. We've seen more fat naked men than all the other boards put together so post pic.
>>
>>36674108
I want to plunge into Yui's fertile depths.
>>
as a /v/irgin f/a/ggot you make me ashamed to be weeb trash
muster your burning spirit and do some fucking research. read the sticky, eat less, lift weights and yes swimming is perfectly fine for cardio. if you'd read the sticky you'd know this you stupid fuck
>>
>>36674108
Either will slim you down. Don't fear the gym. I started out at the gym 5'10 210 pounds of all fat and now that I've lost the fat and am getting gains, the gym regulars are all the more impressed with me. Think of it as a call to action. Let people witness your rebirth.
>>
>>36674188
>>36674189
>>36674242
can i swim 2 days a week and go to the gym 5 days a week?
is there a problem if i swim and go to the gym on the same day?
>>
>>36674152
its a lot at once but these are the takeaways
eat less
lift weights

gee how do you do that? google basic lifts and recipes. cmon now anon kun, even chiyo would kick your ass tbqhsenpai
>>
Painfully new people are the ones I root for when I go to the gym. There is this big fat Mexican beanbag who goes to m6 gym and does a ridiculous amount of cardio and light lifting and I'm so proud of this stranger, seeing her come in almost every day (I go six times a week) get at it.
>>
File: grills.png (16 KB, 1625x129) Image search: [Google]
grills.png
16 KB, 1625x129
>>36674108
>>
>>36674278
Your goal is to lose weight right?

If it is the best method is a combination of cardio and weight lifting.

What a lot of people, like myself, like to do is lift one day, cardio the next, then lift, than cardio, repeat.

Swimming is great cardio.

If you swim one day would you be going to the gym to lift weights or a different king of cardio?
>>
>>36674308
lift weights i think
i really bad at running so i don't want to use the treadmills at the gym
>>
Just go to the fucking gym. People won't laugh at you for being fat or not lifting heavy. Also sticky.
>>
>>36674108
What are your goals

> be less fat
-> get your diet under control, don't eat something if you don't know how many calories it has. This is easy, since virtually anything you can buy in the supermarket these days has the calories on it. The hardest part is learning to say "no thanks" to other people offering food and snacks. Hitting the gym is secondary if you just want to lose weight for now, e.g. swimming 3 times a week is fine. Doing exercise does virtually nothing for weightloss compared to just eating less. Do keto, high-protein or whatever you want, doesn't matter as long as your calories are under control. Reducing sugars and carbohydrates seems to help some people to clear out acne, get better skin, feel better etc (certainly had that effect for me), but if you like your sweets, that's fine too. Fix the number of times per day you eat and the times as much as possible; get into a routine of what to eat; optimize your food for mass/calorie. Ideally find a bunch of staple-food that has 1-2 calories per gram of food.

> get ripped
-> select a program and stick to it; adjust your diet to match. Hit the gym 3-4 times a week. Lift hard. Sticky et al should have all the info you need.
>>
>>36674342
You can use the elliptical, easy on the knees.

But either way, swimming is probably the best cardio option I'd do it if I had a pool.

As for doing it on the same day, here's where things get tricky.

There's a lot of debate on whether cardio and lifting weights at the same time is good or bad.

Some people swear by it, some people say the cardio negates muscle/strength you'd get from lifting or the cardio exhausts you so you don't lift at your full potential.

For that honestly, you have to do your own research and make up your own mind.

For me, cardio and lifting are on different days.
>>
File: 1432967119144.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1432967119144.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
>>36674376
>>36674395
thank you friends
>>
>>36674395
this desufampai
the effects of sequence on recovery are minor and hotly debated. it should be intuitively obvious, though, that you will have more energy for whatever you do first. if this isn't the case, you aren't working hard enough.

with that said, I prefer to lift first so that I can keep pushing the weights up, and because I only do about 20 mins of steady state after lifting it doesn't require as much energy or thought

as a side note, swimming is a great choice because it does include some valuable muscle work and is easy on your joints
>>
>>36674376
>>36674430

Also, some other tips for being less fat (at least they've helped me):

- drink tea
- eat mints; the more disgusting the better, since that curbs your appetite. fishermans friends is my choice.
- drink coffee
- diet coke/coke zero (yeah, probably not the healthiest choice, but I kinda got hooked on it halfway through as a candy-replacement. Whatever keeps your stomache full and mouth busy)
- drink lots of water
- low-fat yoghurt makes a nice snack if you get hungry (the ones I can get here are like 50 calories/cup)
- eat as late as possible; I tend to not eat before 1700, sometimes 1900. That way I don't get hungry again before sleeping -> won't get tempted to eat again
- cherry tomatoes etc are nice for snacking and low-calorie
- keep your fridge as empty as possible at all times

Using these I went from 120kg down to 80kg over the course of something like 7-8 months. Peak weight loss was maybe 2.2kg/week -- at that point I was eating like 600 calories/day while doing light exercise (swimming). Never felt like it was effort or a chore at any point -- at least not after the first week.
>>
>>36674526
oh, also, if you go full-in on weightloss, do regular checkups with your GP (ideally blood-tests to determine deficiencies) and take vitamin/mineral supplements or whatever (those are cheap anyway). Although to ideal weight you only have like 18-20kg to lose, which is not that hardcore.
>>
>>36674526
>>36674581
thanks a lot, i'll keep your advice in mind
i don't know if i can survive on 600 calories/day but i'll try
>>
>>36674640
np. Also don't be afraid to just eat straight up meat or whatever (like chicken or turkey slices etc) since those often have a really great calorie:mass ratio (as well as high protein, low carbs), yet they make you feel like you've pigged out on eating a shittonne of unhealthy stuff.

Also stay away from nuts, cheese, avocados and anything that has those in it -- while those are delicious, they have insane amounts of calories (some nuts are way worse than chocolate etc)

Don't trust your instinct on what is "healthy" or "calorie-rich" food, always check either the package or google.
>>
Do SS you fucking newfaggot.
Son of a bitch they should put it in the board rules.
>NO MAKING THREADS ABOUT QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN THE STICKY
"B-but it's confusing!"
Bastard must be brainless if that basic bullshit befuddled you.
>>
>>36674640
Have you calculated your TDEE? Very important. Google search tdee calculator, you'll get a lot of different ones, the scooby one is good.
>>
>>36674278

JUST FUCKING LIFT, THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.
>>
>>36674108
I started out around 310 pounds and now down to 240. Everyone at the gym loves seeing fatasses get in shape. I got a fuckton of compliments after cutting down. Lift weights and eat less. You'll start enjoying it a lot when you see results.
>>
bro 80% of my gym is overweight trying to slim down
no one fucking cares and if you happen to stay longer than 3 months people will respect you a ton
don't be scared
>>
Laughing at unfit people at the gym is like laughing at an unemployed person at a job fair. People don't pick on you for trying... usually. Also, sticky.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.