[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'sup /fit/, I'm >age 34 >60kg / 132lb >186cm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: baleweight[1].jpg (63 KB, 462x271) Image search: [Google]
baleweight[1].jpg
63 KB, 462x271
'sup /fit/, I'm

>age 34
>60kg / 132lb
>186cm / 6'1"
>7% body fat (according to my fancy Chinese bathroom scale anyway)
>don't eat too much shit food, but don't really care or control what I eat either
>sit on my ass most of the day and browse internets
>never worked out or saw the inside of a gym
>feel generally fit and healthy overall

How do I best use this opportunity?

Not trolling, I just realised I might be lucky with the above and want to do something with my life.

Thanks.
>>
>>36673956
>6'1"
>132lbs

start lifting and stuff your fucking face
>>
>>36674107
Ok, but lifting what and how? Stuffing my face with what?

I read you can fuck yourself up (heart-wise mainly) if you start working out hard right away.

Also the few times I did try to run and do push-ups regularly I couldn't keep it up for more than a week because I felt I was getting no results.

I'm really not looking for hardcore building or breaking any records, just want to mainly gain more muscle mass (instead of fat) for better looks, and longer term improve the strength too.

Can it be done on a self-served regime and without tools/equipment (I have literally none), or do I need to shell out for stuff or gym membership?
>>
>>36674238
Read.
The.
Sticky.
>>
>>36673956
At 6'1" and 132 lbs, you're thinner than marathoners at your height, who are skeletons by most measurements. You need to eat, and eat a lot. You aren't healthy, simple as that.

You can do bodyweight stuff at home - plenty of resources on /fit/ or google - but the best results come from the gym in combination with eating more.

It'll be hard for you - your appetite must be extremely low - but it's the only way to get bigger. You'll have to track your calories, otherwise you'll overestimate what you eat.

You've mentioned pushups not giving results, and that's due to not giving them enough time and you not eating enough. Building muscles ain't complicated.
>>
>>36674332
Thanks. Fair enough it's not a healthy weight/height ratio, though I figured it's better than being obese or skinnyfat or some shit.

I used to be able to stuff myself silly with no obvious ill effects, but for a while (think a few years) I did notice I just don't feel like eating as much, so guess you're right on that point. Should I start eating more overall, or make it more protein only or some other more specific diet?

How long is long enough for the results to kick in?

>>36674317
I tried, sorry. That stuff is way over my head or targeted towards completely different goals. Sometimes I don't even have a clue what it's talking about. I'm at complete 101 level here.
>>
>>36674465
Do you have a job?
>>
>>36674465
Eat whatever the fuck you normally eat but twice as much.
>6'
>130lb
What the fuck is wrong with you? Did /fa/ tell you to do this?
>>
>>36674491
Not right now, but I'm not neet, just had to quit my job due to moving across the country and some other shit. I'm still settling in now and looking for new job.

>>36674553
>Eat whatever the fuck you normally eat but twice as much.
How do I know I'm getting the right balance of extra callories and extra exercise to burn them off?
I mean, I eat little but when I think about it I'm probably still getting about 1700 cal/day. And the 2000 cal standard is for active lifestyle, which I have not.
So I don't want to eat too much to not accumulate fat instead of muscle, but I also don't want to exercise too much compared to extra calories to not and up blacking out or some shit.
You catch my drift?

>What the fuck is wrong with you? Did /fa/ tell you to do this?
I did absolutely nothing and didn't follow anyone's advice. It's just natural state for me. I guess I'm pretty blessed with my metabolism.
>>
>>36674654
You're 6'1. I'm 6'1. I eat 3000 calories with a semi active lifestyle and I barely gain 4lb a month. I'm at 180lb.
You're going to accumulate fat and muscle, and that's good. You can always cut later. So start eating at least 2500 to start with, and make it a mix of 40/30/30 ratio of carb/protein/fat while lifting.
>>
>>36674654
As a sidenote, 'metabolism' is a myth. It maybe accounts for 10lb for your weight. You're anorexic because you don't eat, not because 'metabolism'. Also I don't envy you. I started at 145lb and when I started eating large, I hated it for a few months with a passion.
>>
>>36674732
I'm not really too bent on crazy gains or progress or whatnot, but just want to get more fit so that with any luck I can go on a hike some 40 years down the line.

>You're going to accumulate fat and muscle, and that's good. You can always cut later.
You mean the former, right?

But I won't gain muscle from just eating double, so how do I know the right amount of workout/lifting/whatever?

>>36674742
>'metabolism' is a myth
Fair enough, I would just never get fat even back when I used to stuff myself with shit food. And I never thought of myself as anorexic since I just eat what feels natural for me and never put effort to regulate my weight. I worked an office job on a computer for the last 10 years and after work I used to just chill out on a computer back home, so I thought it made sense.
>>
>>36674995
I mean you can cut later as in 'cut body fat later down the line' - by going on a small diet.

You read the sticky firstly, then calculate your TDEE (google it, many calculators), then start counting calories of everything you eat and eating maybe 500 above that TDEE while beginning a strength program like SS/SL/ICF (google them). If you're gaining 1lb a week and your lifts are increasing, you're fine.
>>
File: 100_1793-1.jpg (726 KB, 964x1155) Image search: [Google]
100_1793-1.jpg
726 KB, 964x1155
Thank you skelly
>>
>>36675063
Ok, thanks, now that's some specifics I can use as starting points. I was really lacking the keywords to even start looking up.

>>36675149
Yeah, that's basically me.

By the way, if I build up my torso by lifting, how to I ensure my legs don't look ridiculous compared?
>>
Listen to me bitch.
Eat 3000 calories a day
Every day
Every day meaning literally every day even weekends
Make sure you're getting 1 gram of protein per pound every single day
You're 132lbs? You need 132 grams a day, which isn't a lot. As you gain weight you need more protien.
No such thing as too much protien, it'll just give you stinky farts
Lift Fucking weights.
Do a PP routine
That's Push and Pull.
So on a push day, you do pushes,
Bench, squat, dips, OHP,
On a pull day you do pulls
Deadlift, rows of all sorts, pull ups etc
At first you'll need lots of rest due to soreness.
So maybe Push rest Pull rest and so on.
I went from 150-185 cut to 165 then bulked back to 200 and cut again to 175.

Listen to me. Because I know about gaining and losing weight
>>
>>36674465
>That stuff is way over my head or targeted towards completely different goals. Sometimes I don't even have a clue what it's talking about. I'm at complete 101 level here.
are you joking or just illiterate?
>>
>>36675269
Add cardio and accessories as you feel fit.

Calf raises and lateral raises on the push day
Curls on the pull day
I also do farmers walks on my pull day because it works grip strength along with the Deadlift and pullups.
>>
File: 1333691897799.jpg (235 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1333691897799.jpg
235 KB, 640x480
>>36675251
by working out your legs as well as your upper body.
>>
>>36675269
>3000 calories to a 30 sedentary year old guy weighing 130lb
>>
>>36675358
He'll blow up quick.
And if he eats sensibly and lifts correctly and consistently he'll start to look pretty good.
>>
>>36675319
>>36675269
Cool, sounds like a plan.

But what's the point of all this bulk and then cut routine?

>>36675302
Frankly a bit too lazy to read and try to figure out from scratch a fuckton of stuff in the field I have no clue about, but now that the other anon gave me some keywords I should be good.

>>36675332
Yeah but like 99 in 100 guides focus on upper body and I figure just doing situps and maybe jogging won't be enough to keep the upper body building pace.
>>
>>36675373
It'll be mostly fat. That's too much.
>>36675413
When you bulk (ie, eat more to gain weight) you gain fat and muscle. You can't gain muscle alone unless you do a very careful very slow bulk - which most beginners don't really need. So the idea is you get big, get strong, then cut down the fat and retain the muscle.
>>
>>36675413
>Frankly a bit too lazy to read and try to figure out from scratch
The fucking sticky lists fucking beginner routines. All of the fucking work has been done for you, you fucking mouth breather.
>>
>>36675413
Bulking is eating a surplus amount of calories a day while lifting.
You can't add mass without extra calories.
Because muscle takes energy to build and maintain. So your body is very reluctant to add muscle.
Extra calories will make your body comfortable to add muscle because it has more than enough energy.
When you bulk and add muscle, you will add fat as well, like it or not.
If you're getting enough protein and lifting. You'll add more muscle than fat

Cutting is when you feel big enough, and want to lose fat to show off your muscles.
When you cut you eat a deficit of calories.
You will burn the fat but you will also lose muscle size and strength.
Again, if you eat enough protein and lift, you'll lose more fat than muscle.

Also, get 8 hours of sleep every night and drink lots of water
>>
>>36675466
Love you too anon. It's good to hear stuff from actual people, you know. I hope to pay it forward one day.

>>36675448
>>36675472
Got it, thanks for clarifying. Guess I'll need to redo my grocery list and daily schedule.

Thanks for being my personal trainer today /fit/.
>>
>>36675579
Now that you've got some decent advice, leave /fit/ while you can.
The longer you stay here the more body dysmorphia you'll get and the more bad memes you'll be exposed to.
>>
>>36675634
Body dysmorphia doesn't come from /fit/, it comes from the fitness industry. A bunch of words from aspies that lift doesn't make you think that people can actually obtain a body like Jeff Seid naturally.
>>
>>36675655
>hur gyno
>hur manlet
>kill yourself
All shit that gets said in nearly every thread.
Bunch of gains goblins on /fit/ trying to demotivate people from lifting
It's a toxic board with more memery than solid advice
>>
>>36675634
>leave /fit/ while you can.
I think someone might have told me that about 4chan some 10 years ago. Maybe I should have listened.

I might be clueless about fitness but I think I'm old and careful enough to handle bad memes and misinfo or trolling.
>>
>>36674238
>Stuffing my face with what?
Semen, 'cause you're quite clearly a faggot
>>
>spoonfeeding a retard
>>
>>36675708
Are you fucking serious? Words from anonymous strangers acting like faggots will give you body dismorphia. Maybe the problem is your a skinny fat manlet that needs to kill himself if words hurt you that badly.
>>
>>36675472
You could have easily told him to fuck off and read the sticky and part of me thinks you should have, but good on you for taking a couple minutes to write that out.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.