[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcohol General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: life sucks.png (78 KB, 249x200) Image search: [Google]
life sucks.png
78 KB, 249x200
>been drinking heavily 6-7 days a week for the past nine months or so
>on my low days I would "only" have six drinks
>on my high days I would finish two thirds to three quarters a handle (.75 L) of vodka or gin
>recently it's really been affecting my gains and motivation, and I've put on a lot of unnecessary fat
>tried tapering off a couple of times, but found the temptation way too high if I had extra booze in the house
>decide to just stop cold turkey a couple of days ago
>first day after no drinking I felt great
>slept great, clear headed, high energy
>yesterday feel great again, but get a couple of really strong cravings for alcohol that I power through and ignore
>today I feel woozy and out of it
>sweating like a god damn pig even though it's only 60* F in the house
>no motivation to do anything
>just want to go back to bed even though I got nine and a half hours of sleep last night

Please tell me this will pass, this is worse than the cravings. It's like the day after a really heavy night's drinking, just without any of the fun of getting shitfaced.
>>
>>36673166

Don't worry, alcohol withdrawal isn't dangerous but your body can hold on a to a lot of excess water after a long binge. Try to only drink about 200-500 mL of water a day for a week or so, good luck brah we're all gonna make it.
>>
>>36674960
alcohol withdrawal is legitimately one of the only withdrawals that can kill you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_withdrawal_syndrome#Signs_and_symptoms
>>
>>36674960
Fuck, I've already had like a gallon and a half. Is that bad? Thanks for replying.

>>36675005
I think he meant at my length of intake. I haven't been doing this for a decade, or even a year, so I don't think I'll die.
>>
>>36675048
Go to a doc, they can help u better than you can help yourself
>>
>>36675048
and I disagreed with his fundamental statement. As I said, there are almost no withdrawals that are lethal. Alcohol is one of the few exceptions. And even a short duration can cause deadly withdrawal symptoms (like seizures, electrolyte swings, severe delirium tremens).
>>
>>36675279
>>36675279
My GP told me to taper off by reducing my consumption by one drink every few days. That's what I had tried initially, but once I hit five drinks I realized that I didn't have the self control to have excess booze laying around the house, and would drink it. Other than that she told me to drink lots of fluids and to increase my salt and electrolyte consumption. This has been especially helpful with how much I've been sweating my ass off today.

>>36675288
Shit, I had no idea, I thought you had to drink super heavily for decades to risk death from alcohol withdrawal. Should I go grab a couple of beers so I don't an hero while trying to quit?
>>
>>36675323
no just keep an eye out for the more severe symptoms noted on the wikipedia page.

You probably don't drink enough to get severe withdrawals
>>
>>36673166

your body is simply trying to rebuild after all that alcohol damage. Drink a lot of water and eat clean with lots of vegetables
>>
>>36675323
If you taper, taper with shitty beer and put yourself on an hourly schedule. Somehow it's easier even than if you heavily dilute your liquor. And get one days' supply at a time only.

Also, kava helps for when you're really wound up. The real stuff -- the extracts don't do so much and the strength of the plant varies.
>>
>>36675384
Hmm, well I definitely have some of the symptoms of the delirium tremens, mainly the impaired attention and disorientation. It's not debilitating, but I stayed home because of it since I didn't feel safe driving. Is this a red flag.

>>36675418
Yeah, I made a big ass hot pot of chankonabe today with a shit ton of veggies in it, it was good. I haven't been eating well since drinking either, mainly just shit food because of drunk munchies. Also had some fruit so I am hoping that this will help get me right again.

>>36675438
Yeah, I tried tapering, but like I said once I got below six drinks I had a big issue because I would drink what was left. Even if I only got a six pack of shit beer, I'd still want the last beer by the time I was five beers in, and wouldn't have the presence of mind to stop. I think it might be better this way if it won't kill me.

I'll check out kava, thanks.
>>
>>36673166
I used to be in the same boat as you OP. Drank heavily for 1 year. Lost alot of muscle and gained alot of fat. Honestly what helped me was getting on DNP. Its a mental thing. Didnt want to drink because I didnt want to die from overheating or dehydration. Lost 50lbs so far.
>>
>tfw drink 15 beer everyday
>>
>>36675496
Shit man, that's probably effective, but I tried DNP before (before drinking) and it made me so bloated that my face looked like an obeast's that was slapped on a normal body. It was terrible.

>>36675583
How do you stomach that much beer? I can down all that hard liquor, but I feel like vomiting after nine or ten beers in a night.
>>
>>36675583
Post pics
>>
>cut alcohol completely out of my life 3 months ago
>never a heavy drinker I just got tired of going to the bars as the only thing I would do with friends
>drop friends off at bar on Monday and gave them my house key because they planned on spending the night after the bars close
>forgot to leave my door unlocked so have to get my keys from them in the bar
>see the exact same people I saw 3 months doing exactly the same thing I've always seen them doing

It's really fucking sad. I'm only 28 but I can't imagine how shitty it must be to be 30, 40, 50 years old and just go to the bar 4-5 nights a week. Same people I always saw doing the same shit I saw them doing last time. I'm glad I'm actively trying to avoid that lifestyle rather than embrace it
>>
>>36675463
>well I definitely have some of the symptoms of the delirium tremens
You don't have DT. I've had withdrawals with hallucinations before and your situation doesn't seem all that bad. It took me something like 2 weeks to not feel like shit and to get more than 4 hours of sleep at night.

Just don't buy booze and take it easy for a couple of weeks or a month and it should get better. Though if you think there's anything fun in getting shitfaced you'll probably keep on drinking.
>>
>>36675892
Ok, that's good to hear, because even just these symptoms suck dick. I feel like I took sleeping medicine without going to sleep.

Eh, I'd found some really good methods to avoid hangovers or bad dehydration from drinking so drinking didn't have many downsides for me. Really the big reason I am stopping is because drinking for long periods seems to kill my motivation, and I can't afford that.

Once I am right I might drink once a week like I used to, but idk. I'm not really in that much of a rush to get back to it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.