[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Define eating "clean"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7
Define eating "clean"
>>
Whatever makes you healthy on the inside and lean on the outside.

You can get lean on the outside without being healthy on the inside (IIFYM hitting protein/carbs/fats with dog shit tier quality food)

Or you can hit your macros with food that gives you your macros and also benefits your health.

That IMHO is the best definition of clean eating.
>>
"too stupid to research it himself"
>>
It varies based on context.

In relation to a "clean bulk," it's an attempt to gain weight on a small surplus to minimize fat gain.

In the normal sense, it refers to methods if cooking and specific types of food that place a greater focus on micronutrient consumption and reducing intake of things like salt and "bad" fats.

Often you'll see the two conflated as one generally goes with the latter approach when getting in shape and attempts to gain lean mass.
>>
>>36672136
literally that picture
>>
eating whole foods with abundance of fruits/veggies
>>
>>36672136
Lol if you want full and low call might as well drink water; it folks you up with 0 calories when you feel hungry again drink more
>>
>>36672230
cut the fruits

they are bred for sugar contend, fruits are fine as snacks,desert. not something you should strive to eat every day.
>>
>>36672263
i actually feel less hungry the more dehydrated i am, my body starts focusing on wanting water instead of food.
>>
File: food.png (37 KB, 386x483) Image search: [Google]
food.png
37 KB, 386x483
>>36672136
Yeah right, as if eating only greens will keep you feeling full.
>>
>>36672272
fuk u nigga I'll bulk on berries if I want to
>>
>>36672136
Whatever it is not it is not eating till you look fucking preggo just to meet your daily caloric intake
>>
>>36672360
Anon why do you type like that? Are you from Atlanta or Harlem? The fuck
>>
>>36672310
>he thinks meat sitting around in your stomach is a good thing

kek
>>
>>36672396

Protein keeps you full longer.
>>
>>36672396
>falling for the rotting food meme
>>
>>36672396
Humans usually eat 4-6 well balanced meals a day.

I like not being hungry way before the next meal.
>>
>>36672423
No actually fats make you feel fuller longer. They take the longest to digest and will slow everything down while they get broken down in your small intestine. Same goes for fiber, which takes forever to break down in your large intestine. So a salad or a scoop of peanut butter before a meal will help fill you up and keep your hunger at bay.
>>
>>36672482
>salad will make you feel fuller
That's only because it turns eating into a chore
>>
>>36672482
Are chia seeds a maymay in this regard?
>>
File: jester.jpg (26 KB, 469x419) Image search: [Google]
jester.jpg
26 KB, 469x419
>>36672482
Why would you want to feel full before a meal?
Isn't the point of a meal to not feel hungry and get energy?
>>
>>36672512
No, it's because of what I just fucking said. If you don't like salad then don't eat it.
>>
>>36672136
Washing your food before you eat it
>>
>>36672541
You don't feel full from a scoop of peanut butter or a salad. But this consumed before a meal will make you feel fuller on a smaller amount of food and for longer. This is beneficial if you're say, cutting. Or, if you're a normie American with no sense of self control or portion control. Plus the fiber, micronutrients, monounsaturated fats, etc are a good part of a clean diet.
>>
>>36672543
Calm down, Sensitive Sally, we don't want your vagina to start weeping again
>>
>>36672545
with fluoridated water
>>
RDN here, it has a lot to do with avoiding processed food. I know it sounds like BS, but don't fall into Orthorexia.
>>
>>36672523
I don't shit about chia seeds, but a quick Google search tells me that they're full of fats and fiber. So these should have the same effect on your fullness and hunger.
>>
>>36672588
Alright buddy
>>
>>36672136
Whatever is tasty, promotes longevity and reduces health risks ( plant based diets)
>>
>>36672607
Im a dietitian too. Dont you think our degree is way too easy? Im in the best nutrition course in my country and it seems so shallow to me.
>>
Eating foods that don't give you the shits and give you regular solid poos
>>
>>36672668

I hated all the chemistry courses, other than that it was fairly easy. Sucks that in 2022 or something they will start requiring a masters degree just for entry level stuff.
>>
>>36672272

There's nothing bad about fruits.
>>
>>36672750
okay fatty, enjoy your candy.
>>
>>36672775

Delicious, healthy candy. Enjoy your degenerative diseases.
>>
>>36672827
sorry fatty i keep those away with non candy, like actual healthy vegetables.
>>
>not eating like shit and lifting

wow you're a bunch of pussies
>>
>>36672873

Ever heard the phrase "fruits and vegetables"? They're both good for you.
>>
Anyone else supplementing with olive oil here?

2 table spoons a day master race
>>
>>36672914

NOT CLEAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4WD8Bm7s_I
>>
>>36672898
Good is a general term. Fruits have many benefits, but they are also high is simple sugar content. Simple sugars lead to diabetes and obesity. Fruits should be eaten in moderation and vegetables should be eaten abundantly. There's a difference.
>>
>>36672725
The chemistry courses were so stupidly easy in my case.. tests with the same answers as previous years and just not very specific.

I didnt have like "explain step by step neoglucogenesis" or like specific interactions between micros and enzymes.. i just feel like i dont know anything compared to people like alan aragon
>>
>>36672310
So your argument is that meat produces more satiety than veggies? Invalid
>>
>>36672898
ever heard the phrase food pyramid?

y that turned out bullshit to.
>>
Basically spending all your calories on your meals instead of sweets and junk.
>>
>>36672941
doesn't it help against cancer as well though?

I'm not that afraid of cardiovascular stuff
>>
>>36672982

>Fruits have many benefits, but they are also high is simple sugar content. Simple sugars lead to diabetes and obesity.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/

>The WHO guideline does not refer to the sugars in fresh fruits and vegetables, and sugars naturally present in milk, because there is no reported evidence of adverse effects of consuming these sugars.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/rethinking-fructose-in-your-diet

>don’t reject a food just because it contains fructose, says Dr. Bruce Bistrian, a professor at Harvard Medical School. “Fructose is naturally found in fruits. Fruits are not harmful and are even beneficial in almost any amount,” he explains.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/burden-of-disease-study-shows-a-world-living-longer-and-with-more-disability/2012/12/13/9d1e5278-4320-11e2-8061-253bccfc7532_story.html

>Produced over five years by 486 researchers at 302 institutions in 50 countries, the study is the most detailed look at health on the population level ever attempted.
>In charting risk factors, the researchers found that diets low in fruit were responsible for more disease than obesity or physical inactivity.

The bad things associated with refined sugars don't apply to whole fruits, just like the things associated with refined starch (white bread) don't apply to other starchy foods like sweet potatoes or oats. Eat as abundantly as you want, as long as you're getting all your micros and macros.
>>
>>36673088

nope
>>
>>36673088

Eh they're still doing research to see if olive oil helps reduce certain types of cancers. However, monounsaturated fats lower blood LDL (bad) cholesterol without reducing HDL (good). I took this pic from an old textbook of mine just for you, it shows some good and bad sources of fats/oils.
>>
>>36673177
thx sempai
>>
>>36672136
Low to no carbs if you do eat carbs something in the low gi end of the spectrum.
>>
>>36673541
>veg
>not clean
>>
>>36673096
anon blown the fuck out
>>
>>36672996
You should've gotten a biochem or psio minor. Or hell, just take another psio and biochem class. Take charge of your education brah
>>
>>36673177
>>
>>36673541

Whole grains are clean, anon. Also, cutting out entire food groups is unwise and considered disordered eating.
>>
>>36673096

I can't believe you even have to post this. People honestly believe fruit is bad for you? I mean come the fuck on.

You stay away from added sugars because it adds unnecessary calories with no nutritional benefit. Things like fruit or sweet potatos arent the devil because they have sugar.
>>
In my lifestyle the less processed the better. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains it's not hard. You don't even need to count calories if you're eating whole foods and lifting with cardio training both.

listen to your body inside the gym and in the kitchen and you'll be a Greek god.
>>
>>36673096
You're right. I concede. Eat lots of fruits.
>>
>>36672174
Please use comedy chevrons when quoting.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>36673541

Most clean foods have a lot of carbs
>>
>>36672310
try eating 400 calories of brokkoli, spinach and tomatoes
>>
>>36672136
That's not how stomachs work...
>>
>>36672136
>Define eating "clean"
If it came from a factory, don't eat it
>>
>>36674505
Indeed. The feeling of "fullness" is not about stomach volume, it's a hormonal response. If it were just about filling up the stomach then water would be the most filling of all. Metabolic syndrome cases have hormone responses so fucked up that cramming your gut full of carbs makes you hungrier than before you started.

That being said, vegetables are magic and we should all cram them into our guts may more than we do.
>>
The term "clean eating' is debatable. Frankly, it means different understandings to many different brothers and sisters.
Historically, the term is quite old. Most folks on this board are not aware that clean eating can mean:vegan; vegetarian; no-GMOs(for some); few carbs or moderate carbs; free whatever meat products(or interpretation there of)
Peace
>>
>>36673037
literally what I was thinking as well, hi5.
>>
>>36673037
The food pyramid was invented by the US Department of Agriculture to help the people who sell food, not by health experts to help people choose what to eat.
>>
>>36674802
please stop my sides are leaving orbit.
>>
>>36672630
What the fuck did you just say about me, you little bitch?
>>
File: index[1].0;attach=15799.jpg (70 KB, 596x457) Image search: [Google]
index[1].0;attach=15799.jpg
70 KB, 596x457
>>36674802
>>
Eating clean means eating healthy.

You know what's healthy, hopefully, unless you're completely retarded.

Fish and Chips? Not so healthy
Chicken and rice? Healthy
>>
>>36674859
>>36674901
it's actually true, meat and dairy have no place in a healthy diet yet the retarded food pyramid includes both of these cancer casing, testosterone reducing, osteoporosis causing foods.

Educate yourselves.
>>
>>36674859
>>36674901
>11 fucking servings of carbs
>All that sugar
>>
>>36675157

That's 6-11 servings of whole grains, not "carbs". One dry cup of brown rice is about 6 servings of whole grains.
>>
>>36675060
what about battered sausage
I can still have battered sausage with my chips, yeah?
>>
I'm trying to drop dairy but apparently it's in almost everything everywhere.

Actually have withdrawals. Like I was feeling flu like as fuck and I look it up and apparently a lot of people whobquit dairy go through withdrawals because casein converts to some opiate and actually addicts you.
>>
>>36675175
thats still a fucklot of rice to eat in a day
>>
>>36672136
Low fat, low protein, high carb, vegan diet for the best health, best performance, and best muscle gains in the gym. period.
>>
>>36675283
this, tbhfam
but I go a bit more moderate on the proteins

it's like 70/25/5 or 65/30/5
>>
>>36672136

>vegetables
>tomatoes and bananas

pick one
>>
>>36675187
Of course, just add ~400 calories from the batter and oil.
>>
>>36675283
>>36675306
Post cbt
>>
>>36672290
If this isn't bait then you're in a minority.
>>
>>36675272

>a cup of rice is too much food

Please stop
>>
>>36675283
>Low protein
>Vegan
>Best muscle gains

Are you stupid?
>>
>>36675327
no idea what that means, hoss
I go outside a lot
>>
I usually wash my food in the sink with dish soap before I eat it.
>>
>>36674595
the feeling of fullness is multifaceted (and complex in other ways)
one of which facets is volume
>>
>>36675340
Yeah buy those protein powders and your noob gains will go on :^)
Seriously though, about 15% of your calories should come from protein that is enough
>>
>>36675340
>he fell for the 1.5g of protein per bodyweight meme
>>
>>36673733
Haha comedy chevrons
I love it
>>
>>36672696
For me this would mean eating brown rice and chicken every day for the rest of my life. Probably not the best way to ensure my health
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.