[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure where to ask this so I'll ask here. Can testosterone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: boing.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
boing.webm
2 MB, 640x640
Not sure where to ask this so I'll ask here.

Can testosterone and aromatase inhibitors stop homosexuality and transexuality? It's all well and good using hormones to try and make a man a woman (you can't, you can't reassign a chromosome) but what about the other way around? Testosterone can increase male traits, pro social behavour and happiness (low test heavily associated with depression). While testosterone can become estrogen, if you prevent this with an AI such as aromasin or arimidex could you stop homosexual and transexual tendancies?
>>
Haha no
>>
No, that isn't how these things work at all.
>>
What the fuck OP? I watched that entire webm expecting her to eventually get her pants on and it never happens.

MY OCD IS SO FUCKING TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW
>>
>>36670806

Then explain it breh
>>
lol that's pretty stupid
by the way, lots of jacked dudes in the gay scene. roids everywere.
>>
>>36670835

Why is it stupid? Hormones have a direct impact on sexuality (as does environment) and I am suggesting that proper management of aromatisation (which the majority of steroid users do not do) then you could reduce homo tendancies and definitely stop trannies
>>
>>36670768
supposedly pimozide
>>
No. Look up sexually dimoprhic nucleus of the brain. Essentially, depending on a multitude of factors, each individual has a different pattern of expression in this area. Different patterns and levels of gene expression in the form of receptor density are correlated to sexual behavior and tendencies. This all happens during development of the fetus.

Roselli C, Larkin k, Resko J, Stellflug J, and Stormshak F (2004). "Volume of a Sexually Dimorphic Nucleus in the Ovine Medial Preoptic Area/Anterior Hypothalamus Varies with Sexual Partner Preference". Endocrinology 145 (2): 478–483. doi:10.1210/en.2003-1098. PMID 14525915.
>>
>>36670902
Again sexual preference is all a spectrum. Tons of the straightest high test dudes you'll ever meet can wind up in prison and scoring themselves a nice piece of prison ass. So basically everyone is kinda gay and test and AI's wont change that.
>>
>>36670877
Sexuality is the expression of sexual drive. Not the neutered PC-friendly way of saying "sexual preference".
In this instance, yes, hormones have a direct impact of sexuality.

A homo with high levels of testosterone will aggressively pursue sexual partners of the same sex.
A straight man with high levels of testosterone will aggressively pursue sexual partners of the opposite sex.
Same shit with women. The hormonal profile means fuck all.

People tried looking for scientific explanations of sexual preference through hormonal profiles in the 20's-late 80's. They don't have any. Tenuous links with pre-natal hormone exposure is bullshit of the highest order.

Sexual preference is entirely psychological. There is no 'born this way', and there is no 'cure'. It's who they are.
>>
>>36670931
Isnt prison rape an american phenomenon?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.